1.    #1  
    This could get very interesting because it would mean that PALM is putting itself up for sale and will attract many hardware vendors to bid for it.
    RIMM needs to buy that company that has the email push patent before they worry about buying Palm.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by demoflauchy
    RIMM needs to buy that company that has the email push patent before they worry about buying Palm.
    Do you mean Chatter?
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I think he means NTP
  5.    #5  
    This would be more as a way to move away from RIMM patent infringing devices to Palms devices and avoid NTP royalties. Just a guess.
    very unlikely....palm is better being an independent company. Plus, I don't think Hawkin and company want to for other people again.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    would rimm's purchase of palm be much like access's purchase of palm os?

would this be a strategic move to basically kill palm and its competition with the blackberry?

or would they keep the treo and implement blackberry connect into it to combine for an ultra-popular combination?
    I gotta have more cowbell
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    ultra-pop thing , I says.
    Quote Originally Posted by vw2002
    or would they keep the treo and implement blackberry connect into it to combine for an ultra-popular combination?
    I see the later being more likely. The Treo is a successful product and RIM wouldnt simply nuke it. The speculation here gives you an idea of what a RIM/Palm Treo could be like http://msmobiles.com/news.php/4531.html
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    interesting article. I think the merger could be an excellent move for both companies. blending the best of RIMM, PALM, and MSFT would without a doubt produce unbeatable devices!!! should be a lot of fun watching things develop.