1.    #1  
    a) how can i setup to get my hotmail and gmail on the treo?

for now that's it, more to come as I use this sucker more and more!
    Hotmail is a PITA, and not easily done...pretty much requires forwarding to a POP or IMAP friendly account.

Gmail is easier. I don't know what email program you have installed, so just do a search here. You'll find the answers.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I can't help you with gmail.

For Hotmail, go to mobile.msn.com and you should get a page that allows you to choose hotmail. Click on that link and then save it in your bookmarks on your Treo. Once you save this bookmark, you will come back to your mail account, assuming you told your Treo to remember you.

Hope that helps. That's how I finally made it happen.
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Try this link to configure Versamail to receive your gmail. It works on mine. /Al
    snap! <^<< snap!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkey
    Try this link to configure Versamail to receive your gmail. It works on mine. /Al
    what link?

and hotmail I can get to through the browser, yeah, but no way to get it through the email client?

Is there some free service that will work with the email client?
    Quote Originally Posted by chapperjoe
    what link?

and hotmail I can get to through the browser, yeah, but no way to get it through the email client?

I have Sprint for example, and YEARS ago when I started with them I set up a free email account on their site. For example:drdoom@sprintpcs.com
    At the time there was no "web" on cellphones, but I did it anyway. It was one of the smartest things I ever did, because once they had web on their phones, that email account was always tied to my phone, even before I had a PDA phone! Now, all my other accounts are forwarded to that one ('cept work. It gets its own account on the old Treo) and I set up Versamail to retrieve it.
    Pretty spiffy. All the old accounts auto-delete after one week, that way I NEVER have to visit them. It all comes to me, and I can archive it at my leisure. Only one downside is storage. It had never been an issue before, but the DVP of my company took some pics at a company function that I wanted, and he wound up having to email them to my dad because the resolution on his camera was so high that my email kept kicking it back, but that's only happened once in five years so no big deal.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    what link?

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...043&topic=1556
    This link. /Al
    snap! <^<< snap!
  8.    #8  
    I got gmail to work thanks!

I can get hotmail through the browser, so thats's cool.

I am getting teh AOL software for THAT email acct and to IM Around.

Now all I need is handwriting software and I should be good!
    Graffiti Anywhere should work for handwriting, but I have to ask the obvious question.....why? You bought a device that has a full qwerty keyboard. I avoid using my stylus as much as humanly possible. Give the keyboard a try for a bit, odds are you'll find that you don't miss graffiti at all. Just my 2cents...
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
  10.    #10  
    I hear you. That's why I wanted the keyboard. I've been through 3 ipaqs and I've had enough with touch screens! (but I still wantt eh capability, I have to admit!)
    I got gmail to work thanks!

I can get hotmail through the browser, so thats's cool.

I am getting teh AOL software for THAT email acct and to IM Around.

Now all I need is handwriting software and I should be good!
    Since going to the Treo three or four years ago I find that anytime I'm even AROUND hand-writing software I get nauseas. Weird, huh?
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    In a related question......is it possible to have your Yahoo email set up the same way as the gmail is above?
    Not for yahoo.com accounts. But yahoo.com.sg (Singapore) accounts supports POP. Anyway, you can try the mobile.yahoo.com/home for the mobile website to access your mail.
    Dark Lord of the Sith...
    Fear is My Ally...

http://www.ppcsg.com
    http://www.spug.net
    ^^^fantastic. thanks