Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Palm will also launch a line of mid-market Treos, with ASPs of about $200, later in fiscal 2006.

http://www.forbes.com/markets/2005/1...rtner=yahootix
    This is what I've been saying they would do for about 2 months now. It's a great move and will help them a lot. I believe it'll become the new lifeline of their buisness as far more users buy normal phones then smartphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by newtonjack
    Palm will also launch a line of mid-market Treos, with ASPs of about $200, later in fiscal 2006.

http://www.forbes.com/markets/2005/1...rtner=yahootix
    Palm really needs something that is *****-Proof like the basic Blackberry. In effect, a "closed" Treo that would be impossible to add third party apps to. Bad for developers I know, but that is what a lot of businesses and government offices want. The IT guys dont want to have to deal with hundereds of support calls because of a non compatible version of Tetris somebody downloaded. Also should be available with no camera.
    new successor for 650 in may?!!! You kidding me?!! we have to wait till myb for an update?
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    new successor for 650 in may?!!! You kidding me?!! we have to wait till myb for an update?
    . . . . . . will ship in the fiscal quarter ending May. . . . . .

so, maybe, sooner. . . . like March? My Sprint techs say they are going to a training session in January on some pda/phone . . . . . maybe all the rumors are falling into place here. . . . .

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 11/04/2005 at 01:48 PM.
    I wonder if they woule relegate the Treo 600 to this? They've already got them made, and they still work on all the carriers. Palm would be smart to have a low, mid, and high end Treo family.
    Jimmie Geddes
    ""The replacement for the Treo 650, also with an EVDO radio, will ship in fiscal fourth quarter ending May to Verizon Wireless and also probably to Sprint Nextel (nyse: S - news - people ), Kalla said. A version with a UMTS radio could ship to Cingular Wireless, likely closer to the end of the year. "We had previously thought the product would ship in the third quarter, but believe Palm delayed it so it can concentrate on the Windows Treo release."

This was taken, and QUOTED, look at the quotes, from the Forbes article

Do you think the Treo 650 replacement is a Palm OS Treo, since they say that Palm delayed it so they can concentrate on the Windows Treo release? And it will ship to Verizon and Sprint in May
    I am not spreading rumors
    Last edited by JimmieGeddes; 11/04/2005 at 04:04 PM.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    ""The replacement for the Treo 650, also with an EVDO radio, will ship in fiscal fourth quarter ending May to Verizon Wireless and also probably to Sprint Nextel (nyse: S - news - people ), Kalla said. A version with a UMTS radio could ship to Cingular Wireless, likely closer to the end of the year. "We had previously thought the product would ship in the third quarter, but believe Palm delayed it so it can concentrate on the Windows Treo release."
    Do you think the Treo 650 replacement is a Palm OS Treo, since they say that Palm delayed it so they can concentrate on the Windows Treo release? And it will ship to Verizon and Sprint in May
    I am not spreading rumors
    No, now you're regurgitating information originally found by others (non-professional, I might add) in an attempt to make it sound like your own.
    There. That better?
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    I quoted the Forbes article, I wasn't regurgitating information making it sound like my own. Notice the quotes? Can you read? You need to stop putting me down dude, it's getting old.
    Jimmie Geddes
    "The replacement for the Treo 650, also with an EVDO radio, will ship in fiscal fourth quarter ending May to Verizon Wireless and also probably to Sprint Nextel (nyse: S - news - people ), Kalla said. A version with a UMTS radio could ship to Cingular Wireless, likely closer to the end of the year. "We had previously thought the product would ship in the third quarter, but believe Palm delayed it so it can concentrate on the Windows Treo release."

Where did I ever say this was from me, there were quotes!!!!!!
    This is from the Forbes article, have you read it, there were quotes, learn to read. You are such an angry person, you must lead a sad, sad life. .
    Jimmie Geddes
    Surur I tried and be the bigger person with you, offering an olive branch to stop what you do, looks like you're trolling again, something you got banned from counteless sites for.

Is it not true that you are banned from forums?????

You are a troll, thats why you've been banned at so many forums. Tell the people the truth.

Are you not banned?????

I am outta here, have a great weekend. Don't feed the trolls, they only grow,
    Jimmie Geddes
    "The replacement for the Treo 650, also with an EVDO radio, will ship in fiscal fourth quarter ending May to Verizon Wireless and also probably to Sprint Nextel (nyse: S - news - people ), Kalla said. A version with a UMTS radio could ship to Cingular Wireless, likely closer to the end of the year. "We had previously thought the product would ship in the third quarter, but believe Palm delayed it so it can concentrate on the Windows Treo release."

Where did I ever say this was from me, there were quotes!!!!!!
    This is from the Forbes article, have you read it, there were quotes, learn to read. You are such an angry person, you must lead a sad, sad life. .
    *sniff*

No. No I can't!!

I CAN'T REEEAAAAD!!!

Thanks for pointing that painful secret out to the whole world!

Go your weekend.*

*The views and opinions expressed by this...individual are NOT the views and opinions of TreoCentral, its staff, or anyone else here (except maybe Insertion). Please do not infer them upon anyone other than myself.
    It'll be fun.
    Engadget says two new planned Treos are codenamed "Hollywood" and "Lowrider". http://engadget.com/entry/1234000107066688/
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    Engadget says two new planned Treos are codenamed "Hollywood" and "Lowrider". http://engadget.com/entry/1234000107066688/
    That's...disturbing.

Disturbing like an old man riding back and forth in a 1974 Winnebago through your local Wal-mart parking lot. (Don't ask)
    It'll be fun.
    Surur I tried and be the bigger person with you, offering an olive branch to stop what you do, looks like you're trolling again, something you got banned from counteless sites for.

Is it not true that you are banned from forums?????

You are a troll, thats why you've been banned at so many forums. Tell the people the truth.

Are you not banned?????

I am outta here, have a great weekend. Don't feed the trolls, they only grow,
    ???

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    ???

Surur
    Surur?
    Are you a troll?
    I like trolls.
    I liked SeldomVisitor.
    I liked PurpleX.
    Ah. Those were the days.
    It'll be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    Surur?
    Are you a troll?
    I like trolls.
    I liked SeldomVisitor.
    I liked PurpleX.
    Ah. Those were the days.
    Hey, what about the great Tundycentral. He was the troll master
    Someone once called me a Troll

I've never recovered
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Actually, I wonder where Seldom Visitor is. Certainly with Microsoft's WM5 being on a future treo he should be around. His words of wisdom might just mean something for once...
    He posts somewhat irregularly on palminfocenter, a great place for free debate and conversation. Apologists like our friend Jimmie not welcome. My freespeaking nature had got me banned from 1src.com, but then Jimmie and his nonsense is very welcome there, which should tell one a lot about the nature of that board. They wont even post any news about the WM Treo.

http://www.1src.com/forums/showpost....41&postcount=3

Surur
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast