Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom

I CAN'T REEEAAAAD!!!
    Now we know why you only used emoticons!! Do you learn to read from Sally Struther's school of remedial reading(sp?)?

Big time lurker here but I gotta say I am enjoying the lashing that Geddes is getting. Is he still in High School?
    Hollywood is the device i'am waiting for.

Kalla said. A version with a UMTS radio could ship to Cingular Wireless, likely closer to the end of the year. "We had previously thought the product would ship in the third quarter, but believe Palm delayed it so it can concentrate on the Windows Treo release."
    Unfortunately this would probably mean that Hollywood will not appear in Europe earliest in 2007... this is a far future for me.
    actually i think the analyst means end of fiscal2006 which means may for the 3g gsm phone at Cingular (hollywood)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Actually, I wonder where Seldom Visitor is. Certainly with Microsoft's WM5 being on a future treo he should be around. His words of wisdom might just mean something for once...
    He was banned here at TreoCentral.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Also at the same time Palm said they are moving the production of the low end Treo from HTC to somebody else. I speculated in another thread, HTC is eating them for lunch, due to the conflict of intertest. I think this is what's happening.

I also speculated right after the announcement of the 700w, Palm will only use the PalmOS (5.4 no less) for the future cheap Treo, not PalmOS6. All high end Treo will use WM5 only. I am sticking to this theory.
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    He was banned here at TreoCentral.
    And it was a sad, sad day for those of us that enjoyed a little "verbal sparring" occasionally. He was a mildly intelligent opponent. Unlike some.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7
    Also at the same time Palm said they are moving the production of the low end Treo from HTC to somebody else. I speculated in another thread, HTC is eating them for lunch, due to the conflict of intertest. I think this is what's happening.

I also speculated right after the announcement of the 700w, Palm will only use the PalmOS (5.4 no less) for the future cheap Treo, not PalmOS6. All high end Treo will use WM5 only. I am sticking to this theory.
    While I don't think your theory isn't plausible, what makes you say that all the high end Treo's will be Windows? Other than well informed intuition, I mean.

Also, you mispelled "interest".
    It'll be fun.
    While I don't think your theory isn't plausible, what makes you say that all the high end Treo's will be Windows? Other than well informed intuition, I mean.

I agree with you here ... why abandon your loyal base? Oh, I forgot, money.
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    It's just my hunch. I drew my conclusion mostly base on the news pieces from the PalmSource sale.

Here is what I am guessing:
    *I see Palm releasing the 700w on late Jan, early feb, completely miss the holiday season.
    *Palm will make a Treo 600 spec. new low end Treo for the second half of the 2006, let's say July, August, for let's say $350, which is about 150 after a 2-year contract. They might call it the 350p or what ever. It will be white and look like a Zire.
    *Palm making the HSDPA version of the 700w for cingular, late in the 2006. HSDPA won't come out in limited coverage for cingular till very late next year.
    * We will also see a WM5 version of Tungsten next year. They priced the TX at 300 so there is room for another high end PDA. Maybe one with VGA screen.
    * We won't see a cheap Treo with blue tooth, in high resolution in a while.

The main theme of my theories is that contrary to popular belief, the Palm management is dumber than we thought.

Time will tell if I am right. (However I don't want to hang around too long, I want to jump ship to a decent music phone ASAP.)

Oops.
    Last edited by whatever7; 11/06/2005 at 02:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7
    It's just my hunch. I drew my conclusion mostly base on the news pieces from the PalmSource sale.

Here is what I am guessing:
    *I see Palm releasing the 700w on late Jan, early feb, completely miss the holiday season.
    *Palm will make a Treo 600 spec. new low end Treo for the second half of the 2006, let's say July, August, for let's say $350, which is about 150 after a 2-year contract. They might call it the 350p or what ever. It will be white and look like a Zire.
    *Palm making the HSDPA version of the 700w for cingular, late in the 2006. HSDPA won't come out in limited coverage for cingular till very late next year.
    * We will also see a WM5 version of Tungsten next year. They priced the TX at 300 so there is room for another high end PDA. Maybe one with VGA screen.
    * We won't see a cheap Treo with blue tooth, in high resolution in a while.

The main theme of my theories is that contrary to popular belief, the Palm management is dumber than we thought.

Time will tell if I am right. (However I don't want to hang around too long, I want to jump ship to a decent music phone ASAP.)

Oops.
    Wait! Looking back, did I misspell "mispelled"?
    It'll be fun.
    Wait! Looking back, did I misspell "mispelled"?
    Yes, Dr. Doom, you did. What's wrong with Jimmy anyways? I don't like surur, he's a little that cries about WM all the time. Oh well, I'm going to sleep. Peace out Treo Fans
    PDA History

Treo 90 > Sony Clie SJ-20 > Tungsten E > HP Ipaq 4355 > Dell Axim X30 > Tungsten T|3 > Tungsten T|5 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Tungsten T|5 > Tungsten E|2 > Tungsten T|X > Blackberry 7250 > Treo 650 (Current)

Functional Palms
    Treo 650, T|X, and T|E2

Too Many Palms!!!
    I am trying to imagine what the specs of such devices might be:

__ Treo 600 Low rez screen
    __ Treo 650 Hi-rez screen
    __ Tiny low-rez screen
    __ Keyboard
    __ Grafitti input only
    __ MP3 playback
    __ camera
    __ 8mb RAM
    __ 16mb RAM
    __ 32mB RAM
    __ Palm OS Garnet
    __ WM5
    __ Another OS
    __ USB connector
    __ Athena connector
    __ Replaceable battery
    __ Antenna
    __ Bluetooth
    __ 200mhz proc
    __ TReo 600 size
    __ Compact size
    __ 5-way nav
    __ Tri-band GSM
    __ Quad-band GSM
    __ CDMA
    __ iDen
    __ ???

Your thots welcome. I really don't have a clue as to what they'll do.

One thing that I have in mind is that Palm will use the basic specs of the $99 Z22 with it's TReo600 sized screen and simply put those specs into a compact phone. This would bring Palm OS PIMs + Cell convergence into the hands of the mainstream with the Treo's awesome name recognition. If executed properly, this could be huge for Palm.

Although, being downmarket, will dilute the value of the Treo branding. Palm has recently been excellent with marketing, so I expect that part to be handled well. Will they cripple it with some deal-killer feature-weakness? I'm holding my breath there.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Patrick Horne
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan_Sheppard
    I don't like surur, he's a little that cries about WM all the time.
    WM is perfectly relevant in the three forums I frequent. WM Treo, Future Treo and Other Handhelds. Who would have thunk.

Surur
    Treo users need to get with the Treo Times and recognize that once the Treo 700w hits the market and its takes off Palm will only see they need to expand their WM Treo products. Of course the Treo 700w would become the low end model with enhanced units. Its about market share and money.
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    WM is perfectly relevant in the three forums I frequent. WM Treo, Future Treo and Other Handhelds. Who would have thunk.

Surur
    Sure, because 1src is all about windows mobile.
    Last edited by Jordan_Sheppard; 11/14/2005 at 11:54 PM.
    PDA History

Treo 90 > Sony Clie SJ-20 > Tungsten E > HP Ipaq 4355 > Dell Axim X30 > Tungsten T|3 > Tungsten T|5 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Tungsten T|5 > Tungsten E|2 > Tungsten T|X > Blackberry 7250 > Treo 650 (Current)

Functional Palms
    Treo 650, T|X, and T|E2

Too Many Palms!!!
    Guess what, this isnt 1src. I'm reporting your post for being unprovoked abuse.

Surur
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12