Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 63
  1.    #1  
    I wrote this on my site yesterday. I got the information from a source a few weeks ago and published an article, engadget published my story as well.
    http://www.gadgetsonthego.net/2005/1...o-fire_02.html

    I think the fact that Ed is talking so much about this is only re-affirming that this device was made, but will not be released due to Nokia.
    Jimmie Geddes
  2. #2  
    From your blog:
    How many years did we hear that Palm had no interest in the Windows Mobile platform? A few weeks ago Ed Colligan and Bill Gates announced the Treo 700w,a Treo running Windows Mobile.
    Actually, I recall Colligan and other Palm execs giving very clear non-denials about a Windows Treo for the past year.

    As for his talking about Symbian, he seems to be just answering a reporter's question, which in turn was apparently prompted by someone spreading rumors about Symbian...
    Last edited by samkim; 11/03/2005 at 03:46 PM.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    I wrote this on my site yesterday. I got the information from a source a few weeks ago and published an article, engadget published my story as well.
    http://www.gadgetsonthego.net/2005/1...o-fire_02.html

    I think the fact that Ed is talking so much about this is only re-affirming that this device was made, but will not be released due to Nokia.
    I have been listening objectively to you for awhile now. I had no previous knowledge of you before you began posting on this site, and have only read what you've written here, as well as a few excerpts from your blog (I refuse to call it a "site"), and I have one question for you:

    Do you EVER have the faintest backing for the things you say?

    I do not believe you do. I find your view of yourself as some type of handheld/PDA professional strange and off-putting. You are...odd is the best thing I can think of.

    Then again, I talk to squirrels.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    I have been listening objectively to you for awhile now. I had no previous knowledge of you before you began posting on this site, and have only read what you've written here, as well as a few excerpts from your blog (I refuse to call it a "site"), and I have one question for you:

    Do you EVER have the faintest backing for the things you say?

    I do not believe you do. I find your view of yourself as some type of handheld/PDA professional strange and off-putting. You are...odd is the best thing I can think of.

    Then again, I talk to squirrels.
    It's so good to hear...errr...see you again! I may stick around a while longer now!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    I have been listening objectively to you for awhile now. I had no previous knowledge of you before you began posting on this site, and have only read what you've written here, as well as a few excerpts from your blog (I refuse to call it a "site"), and I have one question for you:

    Do you EVER have the faintest backing for the things you say?

    I do not believe you do. I find your view of yourself as some type of handheld/PDA professional strange and off-putting. You are...odd is the best thing I can think of.

    Then again, I talk to squirrels.
    What?

    WHAT???

    Like NOBODY else was thinkin' it?
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    It's so good to hear...errr...see you again! I may stick around a while longer now!
    You were thinking of leaving?

    Wuss.

    Then again, you were Army.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    You were thinking of leaving?

    Wuss.

    Then again, you were Army.
    Oh that's right, you were one of those Naval Infantry guys...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Oh that's right, you were one of those Naval Infantry guys...
    Watch it, MONKEY!

    Tread lightly.

    Wait, isn't that you guys motto or something?
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  9.    #9  
    Yes I do have backings for the things I say. You don't need to put me down with your insults. I am a writer for PalmAddict, as wll as my blog. I have been using PDA's for years, so I feel I do have some knowledge. As for backing up what I write, I got the infor from the same person that released the Windows Mobile Treo videos a few months ago. Dude, you don't have to be so rude, chill out.
    Last edited by JimmieGeddes; 11/03/2005 at 06:48 PM.
    Jimmie Geddes
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    Yes I do have backings for the things I say. You don't need to put me down with your insults. I am a writer for PalmAddict, as wll as my blog. I have been using PDA's for years, so I feel I do have some knowledge. As for backing up what I write, I got the infor from the same person that released the Windows Mobile Treo videos a few months ago. Dude, you don't have to be so rude, chill out.
    Ok. See. Here's the thing. I want to believe you. I want you to be right. And in the end, whether you are or aren't won't matter. This is just...silly.
    I've been silently reading your posts for almost two months now. They don't make sense "dude". You claim to have gotten the information from the same person who released the WM5, but, how much of a stretch was that? I mean, we all knew the damn thing was coming (at least, I did). It was a good business decision for Palm.
    I'm not sure another PalmOS is. Maybe, but its definitely not a sure thing.
    In the end, none of this will matter. You may be right in your predictions. That doesn't prove you actually knew what you were talking about.
    Even a blind squirrel gets a nut every now and then.

    Am I the only one here who has "issue" with this gentleman and his "facts"?
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  11. #11  
    Am I the only one here who has "issue" with this gentleman and his "facts"?
    No, I stand with you having questioned him since day 1. He has posted things, and later changed his statements in order to "not be wrong". What was it, something about a 700p in a week? Then it became december... What next, June? If you keep guessing eventually you will be right. Maybe I'm mixing it up with the other countless posts on the subject. But then again, it would appear he started a lot of the rumors that are now propagating into others.
  12.    #12  
    Shadowmite I never said a Treo 700p in a week. I never said December, don't know where you're getting your information, but I've never said either of those timelines. Started a lot of rumors?? I've written on things at both my site and PalmAddict the same way other sites write things. I don't know why you guys have to attack, it's sad.

    Shadowmite I've also written about the great work you've done, and it's appreciated. I just don't understand why in forums you've got to attack people, but thats why forums are foroums. I can take it
    Last edited by JimmieGeddes; 11/04/2005 at 10:57 AM.
    Jimmie Geddes
  13. #13  
    I haven't read through all the posts here lately to see if it's already posted but this came out today and discusses release dates.

    G.

    Forbes release
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gman1000
    I haven't read through all the posts here lately to see if it's already posted but this came out today and discusses release dates.

    G.

    Forbes release
    Now that is what I would consider to be more "real" proof that something is going to happen, and that's about the timeline I would believe also on the palm products. The question is how many customers will they lose by getting a late start. The $200 range products is what i have been prodicting for months now. They are a wise move and will become palm's new lifeline I believe.
  15. #15  
    From the Forbes article:
    "Kalla, who rates Palm at "buy," noted that the Windows Treo, with an EVDO radio function, should be in Verizon Wireless stores by the end of the fiscal third quarter ending February. Verizon Wireless, a joint venture of Verizon Communications (nyse: VZ - news - people ) and Vodafone (nyse: VOD - news - people ), is the exclusive distributor for the product through mid-2006.

    The replacement for the Treo 650, also with an EVDO radio, will ship in fiscal fourth quarter ending May to Verizon Wireless and also probably to Sprint Nextel (nyse: S - news - people ), Kalla said. A version with a UMTS radio could ship to Cingular Wireless, likely closer to the end of the year. "We had previously thought the product would ship in the third quarter, but believe Palm delayed it so it can concentrate on the Windows Treo release." Cingular is a joint venture of SBC Communications (nyse: SBC - news - people ) and BellSouth (nyse: BLS - news - people ).

    Palm will also launch a line of mid-market Treos, with ASPs of about $200, later in fiscal 2006."
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    Shadowmite I never said a Treo 700p in a week. I never said December, don't know where you're getting your information, but I've never said either of those timelines. Started a lot of rumors?? I've written on things at both my site and PalmAddict the same way other sites write things. I don't know why you guys have to attack, it's sad.

    Shadowmite I've also written about the great work you've done, and it's appreciated. I just don't understand why in forums you've got to attack people, but thats why forums are foroums. I can take it
    I'm sorry if you feel I'm attacking you, but you honestly posted several things I disagreed with. If you would like I will dig to find them, but suffice for now to say I have a strong belief posting rumors without facts should not be tolerated. If I say something at my site you can bet I know exactly what I am talking about. If I'm guessing, I'll say so. But I don't say things like:

    "Palm Treo and Symbian Treo, confirmed" when there is in fact no confirmation.

    Or how about: "I can't discuss who told me that , but I know my source is a VERY VERY RELIABLE source." and yet a few weeks later: "As for backing up what I write, I got the infor from the same person that released the Windows Mobile Treo videos a few months ago."

    Which is it? You can't say? You can?

    Another thing you said: "I was told it was either going to be wifi/and/ or gps." Is this true? Or would you like to change that now? I have to admit Wifi being included would be a great move and might just win even me back to palm os, but palm has a proven history of NOT doing what their tech savy users want.

    As for "The carriers have gotten more relaxed with wifi smartphones as well." I would agree sprint takes this stance. Sprint actually plans to have ALL phones support wifi soon. I can't tell you much more about why right now, but rest assured it's a possibility which sprint has motive to want.

    In conclusion, my point is I don't think anything you say has enough backup to be stated as fact. You need to express your statements as "I heard" or "it might" so that the users reading them understand it's speculation without concrete backup. I have no problem with you expressing yourself and I'm sorry if I was rude to you.
    Last edited by shadowmite; 11/04/2005 at 11:21 AM.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    Shadowmite I never said a Treo 700p in a week. I never said December, don't know where you're getting your information, but I've never said either of those timelines. Started a lot of rumors?? I've written on things at both my site and PalmAddict the same way other sites write things. I don't know why you guys have to attack, it's sad.

    Shadowmite I've also written about the great work you've done, and it's appreciated. I just don't understand why in forums you've got to attack people, but thats why forums are foroums. I can take it
    See, you haven't seen "ATTACK" yet. You'll know when DOOM "ATTACKS".
    The bottom line is Shadowmite hit it on the head.
    You pass yourself off as some sort of "quasi-journalist", which makes some people inclined to believe the things you're saying.
    In fact, what you write is little more than an "opinion" column, and should be treated as such.

    Now, the Forbes acrticle Perry cites?
    THAT gives me hope...
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    What?

    WHAT???

    Like NOBODY else was thinkin' it?

    I was thinking this too... his blog is just a repost of all PDA news from Slashdot, Gimzodo, Engadget and other tech blogs... and then some postings of his own ideas here and there...

    Jimmy... what is your back ground besides PalmAddict and your blog?

    Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

    Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

    Twittering about
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    I'm sorry if you feel I'm attacking you, but you honestly posted several things I disagreed with. If you would like I will dig to find them, but suffice for now to say I have a strong belief posting rumors without facts should not be tolerated. If I say something at my site you can bet I know exactly what I am talking about. If I'm guessing, I'll say so. But I don't say things like:

    "Palm Treo and Symbian Treo, confirmed" when there is in fact no confirmation.

    Or how about: "I can't discuss who told me that , but I know my source is a VERY VERY RELIABLE source." and yet a few weeks later: "As for backing up what I write, I got the infor from the same person that released the Windows Mobile Treo videos a few months ago."

    Which is it? You can't say? You can?

    Another thing you said: "I was told it was either going to be wifi/and/ or gps." Is this true? Or would you like to change that now? I have to admit Wifi being included would be a great move and might just win even me back to palm os, but palm has a proven history of NOT doing what their tech savy users want.

    As for "The carriers have gotten more relaxed with wifi smartphones as well." I would agree sprint takes this stance. Sprint actually plans to have ALL phones support wifi soon. I can't tell you much more about why right now, but rest assured it's a possibility which sprint has motive to want.

    In conclusion, my point is I don't think anything you say has enough backup to be stated as fact. You need to express your statements as "I heard" or "it might" so that the users reading them understand it's speculation without concrete backup. I have no problem with you expressing yourself and I'm sorry if I was rude to you.
    I'd assume the WiFi support in all of their upcoming phones,if true, would be due to their widely reported intention to have dual function handsets to work with the cable providers for in home VoIp service .
  20.    #20  
    I am a Network Specialist, have a few Microsoft Certifications. MCDST, MCP, studing for my MCSE. I just got interviewed by Dealerscope magazine, they also interviewed Pete Rojas from Engadget about a tech blogging story they are publishing. The magazine will be out in January, they contacted me for an interview. I've been writing for PalmAddict, a few things for 1src, I have had my "blog" since the middle of September of this year.

    I am telling you this because you asked, we can disagree, you can not like my blog, it's all good.

    You asked for my back ground, what's yours?

    As to me posting things from the sites you mentioned, that's what blogs do. I am not the only one that does this, engadget does it, gizmodo does it, other sites do this as well. I just don't understand why you've got to "try" and put me down.
    Last edited by JimmieGeddes; 11/04/2005 at 01:28 PM.
    Jimmie Geddes
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions