1.    #1  
    Silly question, I'm sure. But is there any where to hear an audible tone when dialing a number on the phone pad?

My company owner likes to hear when he presses a phone button.

Based on the fact that this is a common sense feature that should be able to be turned on/off, I'm assuming that they didn't include it.

-marc
  2.    #2  
    Forget it. Got rid of my Treo 650 today and exchanged it for a Samsung i730. At least this one has key tones.

G'bye Palm!!! G'bye TREO!
    If you hold the phone close to your ear when dialing, you can hear it through the regular earpiece.

See ya..
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  4.    #4  
    Ah...holding the phone close to the ear when dialing could make it pretty hard to dial in the first place eh?

I'm not sure if you were being serious or sarcastic. Either way, that's a pretty funny comment.

Thanks for the input.
  5.    #5  
    By the way, "keytones" (or lack of them) aren't the only reason I got rid of the phone.

1) Contacts sort by company, but do not filter by them (you must use the search utility). Had to purchase this functionality 3rd party which doesn't sync with Verizon Wireless Sync
    2) No native graffiti, purchased it 3rd party
    3) While in a conference call, you are unable to hang up on JUST ONE of the party's.
    4) Inability to assign a number to a speed dial rather than a letter.
    4b) Can't hold down a number on the phone dialer touchscreen and auto activate speed dialer.

I'm not trying to overly slam anything here. Just didn't want this post to look like I only got rid of the Treo because of stupid "keytones".
  6.    #6  
    I probably could put a small pointed object, like the stylus in my ear. I could then dial the Treo 650 with the side of my head and hear the ringtones.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmichaels
    I probably could put a small pointed object, like the stylus in my ear. I could then dial the Treo 650 with the side of my head and hear the ringtones.
    silly question. But did you have the ringer off when dialing?

When I have the sound toggled off at the top of the device, then I hear NO tones when dialing. When turned to 'on', however, it functions as it should.