Page 1 of 17 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    If I choose to believe the Radioshack salesman, who swears he has an inside source. Keeping in mind that I ignore the fact that he not only didn't know the difference between the 600 and the 650, but he was also completly unaware of the Treo with WM5.

But he swore that he was getting a new Palm Treo in December, and insisted that I come back in 2 weeks to buy it. (I guess he didn't have a calendar handy either)

And I guess I should also ignore that he thought I'd buy a Samsung flip phone and stop using my perfectly fine 600.

Even worse...they didnt have the voltage regulator i needed.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Yah those radio shack guys are a little nuts, and maybe it is just a few that are giving them all a bad name, but I went their to upgrade from the 600 to the 650 earlier this year and he tried to give me a Treo 270 or 80 or something like that It was gray and fat but I was Like why would I take a step back! Duh!
    One can only hope!
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

These are the cheese balls that end up panning-out!
    I like cheese balls. They fill me up real good.
    Pan fried cheese balls at that!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I predict in 2 weeks when December rolls around TC will be flooded with an onslaught of "wheres the underscore", "whats this blinking snowflake", "where can I find the best free apps", and "I'm returning this 700p POS who's with me!". Followed by threads titled "Insertion is trolling and insulting me, wheres the ignore user function".

Mark my words theres gunna be trouble, Trouble I say, right here at treo central
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    I like cheese balls. They fill me up real good.
    I'm still giggling
    Yeah...

You put that Radio Shack info right next to the info I got from a guy who claims Radio Shack is selling Treo 650 phones real cheap, (under 100 dollars) in Massillon, Ohio. He also said it was the version without the keyboard.

Chuck
    Quote Originally Posted by BenJoeM
    Yah those radio shack guys are a little nuts, and maybe it is just a few that are giving them all a bad name, but I went their to upgrade from the 600 to the 650 earlier this year and he tried to give me a Treo 270 or 80 or something like that It was gray and fat but I was Like why would I take a step back! Duh!
    Makes me sad to admit that I worked at a RatShack for a while when I was in college. I love the bonuses (25% off all merch! even discounted stuff!) and the hours were ok but man some ppl were dumb there. I just wish I could still have that discount.

I'm happy to say that I've moved on.

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by cruelpupet
    But he swore that he was getting a new Palm Treo in December, and insisted that I come back in 2 weeks to buy it. (I guess he didn't have a calendar handy either)
    LOL. That guy sounds like a real winner. Retail stores like that are so sad, initially because the employees are usually dumber (or at least less informed on a specific subject) than I am, which leads to frustration... but then I realize that the average Jane or Joe that shops there is dumber still and that's just life. I'm 99% sure that, if I ever had to work in a commercial outlet like that, I would end up hanging myself in the stock room.

But anyway, I just wanted to point out that the all ready announced Treo 700w is also quite literally a "new Palm treo." I'm willing to bet that that little argument of semantics is the source of the employee's confusion.
    Thread titles like this get me going, until I read the thread. . . . .

However, I STILL BELIEVE!

Cheers, Perry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Thread titles like this get me going, until I read the thread. . . . .
    However, I STILL BELIEVE!

Cheers, Perry.
    Me too! Except, I don't believe it will come out before next year.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Quote Originally Posted by RawsonDR
    LOL. That guy sounds like a real winner. Retail stores like that are so sad, initially because the employees are usually dumber (or at least less informed on a specific subject) than I am, which leads to frustration... but then I realize that the average Jane or Joe that shops there is dumber still and that's just life. I'm 99% sure that, if I ever had to work in a commercial outlet like that, I would end up hanging myself in the stock room.

But anyway, I just wanted to point out that the all ready announced Treo 700w is also quite literally a "new Palm treo." I'm willing to bet that that little argument of semantics is the source of the employee's confusion.
    Well, I'm gonna have to break my vow of silence. I work at Radioshack. I know what I'm talking about most of the time. I'll admit I make mistakes, and that I DO occasionally think about hanging myself, but people come on! For all of you (customers who know more than we do) there are, trust me on this, 4.8 million complete and total morons coming in everyday. I have worked here for 8 years, and I often joke with my colleagues that we should have an I.Q. test mandatory at the door before you're even allowed in.
    Do you know how many times a customer has walked in and asked me for that adapter that will let them play 8mm tapes in their VCR???
    And then they get angry with me when I explain that only VHS-C tapes can do that, 8mm has to played directly.
    "Well, I've done it before"
    Or the customer who walks in and asks for the cable to go from RCA/phono to 75ohm coax? Yes, that cable exists, but it does not modulate signal. Your DVD player still won't play on your 1974 Hitachi television. You need a modulator.
    "Naw, naw, my cousin Janey-Lynn's got one. It works."
    Or the guy who walks in and starts on a tirade because we don't have pre-amps instock. We have to order them.
    "You know, this used to be a good store to shop. You guys changed everything and decided not to take care of your customers anymore."
    Yes sir. You're right. We SHOULD carry a product that takes up a whole square foot of retail space (at $36 a square foot), costs $24.99, and we sell MAYBE one every two years!!! That'd be a good business decision.
    Look, I know they're are some dumb-@$$es working for my company, but it ain't ALL of us. I do think about hanging myself some days, but its because of customers, not associates.
    Got one more. The customer who walks in with a "Duofone"( a brand we carried when I started) and tells me it stopped working.
    "This doesn't work anymore. Fix it for me."
    "Well, when did you buy it (humoring them)?"
    "1995."
    "Sir, this isn't covered by the manufacturers warranty anymore"
    "What? Radioshack doesn't stand behind it's products?"

Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  15.    #15  
    ... but then I realize that the average Jane or Joe that shops there is dumber still and that's just life.
    Funny you should mention that...while I was looking for the voltage regulator I needed, there was a woman who was oohing and ahhhing over....a book light. Who the hell has never seen one before? "OMG it's a flashlight...with a clip! So i dont have to hold it!" What she said was almost that stupid.

I tried to explain to him his confusion, which from what he told me seems to be that Sprint is sending him a few 650's to have on hand to sell in store. (making room for the 700w)
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    Well, I'm gonna have to break my vow of silence. I work at Radioshack. I know what I'm talking about most of the time. I'll admit I make mistakes, and that I DO occasionally think about hanging myself, but people come on! For all of you (customers who know more than we do) there are, trust me on this, 4.8 million complete and total morons coming in everyday.
    Then please call store # 01-2780 (thats what it looks like on the receipt anyway) and ask for the salesman who spoke of a new treo. Verbally abuse him as much as you wish...and set him straight.
    DrDoom -

If they don't like RadioShack, maybe they ought to try Best Buy or Circuit City where the teenager of the week is more interested in playing video games than showing you where the blank CD's are hidden. My son works there, and has the same issues you do at RadioShack - most all of the customers are "slower" (can't use dumber in a PC world), and the guys and gals who have been there more than six months cringe at what some of the newer employees pass off as advice.

Anyway, welcome back to the written language - now let's tackle the "Palm, where are you" problem.

Last edited by dstrauss; 11/03/2005 at 03:48 PM.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Wow! Chaos and uncertainty about the future of the Treo, and all it took to get Dr Doom to talk was to insult his colleagues! The mysteries of life...

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    Wow! Chaos and uncertainty about the future of the Treo, and all it took to get Dr Doom to talk was to insult his colleagues! The mysteries of life...

Surur
    That's not why I came back. In fact, the last few weeks I've had several instances where I almost started speaking, but Valerie kept telling me not to. It wasn't until she told me to drop my Treo 650 in a lake, "I promise they'll be a new one next week" that I realized how truly disturbed the little nut (pun intended) was. At that point it seemed intelligent to come back, so I fired up the computer and low and behold, someone bad mouthing Radioshack (surprise, surprise) and I just wanted to keep things balanced. There are only 33,000 RS employees in the field, but 6.9 billion customers, so even if every last one of us were idiots, "customer intelligence" would still out way ours.

Course, this is from a guy who listens to squirrels.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    Well, I'm gonna have to break my vow of silence. I work at Radioshack. I know what I'm talking about most of the time. I'll admit I make mistakes, and that I DO occasionally think about hanging myself, but people come on! For all of you (customers who know more than we do) there are, trust me on this, 4.8 million complete and total morons coming in everyday. I have worked here for 8 years, and I often joke with my colleagues that we should have an I.Q. test mandatory at the door before you're even allowed in.
    Do you know how many times a customer has walked in and asked me for that adapter that will let them play 8mm tapes in their VCR???
    And then they get angry with me when I explain that only VHS-C tapes can do that, 8mm has to played directly.
    "Well, I've done it before"
    Or the customer who walks in and asks for the cable to go from RCA/phono to 75ohm coax? Yes, that cable exists, but it does not modulate signal. Your DVD player still won't play on your 1974 Hitachi television. You need a modulator.
    "Naw, naw, my cousin Janey-Lynn's got one. It works."
    Or the guy who walks in and starts on a tirade because we don't have pre-amps instock. We have to order them.
    "You know, this used to be a good store to shop. You guys changed everything and decided not to take care of your customers anymore."
    Yes sir. You're right. We SHOULD carry a product that takes up a whole square foot of retail space (at $36 a square foot), costs $24.99, and we sell MAYBE one every two years!!! That'd be a good business decision.
    Look, I know they're are some dumb-@$$es working for my company, but it ain't ALL of us. I do think about hanging myself some days, but its because of customers, not associates.
    Got one more. The customer who walks in with a "Duofone"( a brand we carried when I started) and tells me it stopped working.
    "This doesn't work anymore. Fix it for me."
    "Well, when did you buy it (humoring them)?"
    "1995."
    "Sir, this isn't covered by the manufacturers warranty anymore"
    "What? Radioshack doesn't stand behind it's products?"

Page 1 of 17 12345611 ... LastLast