Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim
    That said, they have met with Palm's CFO, and their sources are likely industry insiders, not random posts on message boards. If they say that they "know" that Palm is going to release four new models in 2006, I'd say it sounds credible to me.......
    I on the other hand find anyone who says that they "know" what Palm will do before they do it to be not credible on the face of it. Even Palm executives are so artful in what they say that it gives little clue as to what they really intend. Palm is what they do, not what they say and certainly not what anyone else says.
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    Guys...Why on earth would PALM not produce a new Treo for POS? Makes no sense to abandon their largest installed client base. Think for a moment would ya.
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
    I'm SURE there will be a new POS Treo with EVDO. The question is, will it be a worthy upgrade? (from a 650 to Treo 700p, not 600 to 700p).

Surur
    I wrote about what all the other pda news sites/tech news sites are now reporting, it came first from mobileread. I'm not reciting it as gospel, I am just posting it. It's news, you don't have to agree with what I write. I am just tired of the putdowns from certain people. I can take diasagreeing, but attacking is not necessary.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTex
    Guys...Why on earth would PALM not produce a new Treo for POS? Makes no sense to abandon their largest installed client base. Think for a moment would ya.
    What has sense got to do with what Palm does? Even they do what I want it is usually wrong for the business. Even when they do what is right for the business it seems more accidental than sensible.
    OK...let's not post about the bickering by either party here anymore. How about posts only relating to the thread subject????
    ENOUGH!!!!!!!

Jimmie Geddes and Surur, I have had enough of your two bickering! I'm tired of babysitting you two. I have editted and deleted most of the offending posts and am now giving the first and last warning to quit snipping at each other in this thread! If you would like to do so, please continue via IM or whatever...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Thanks gfunk. The bickering is over. Sorry to everyone that had to experience that. I am here to discuss Treo, always have been, and always will be
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    I'm SURE there will be a new POS Treo with EVDO. The question is, will it be a worthy upgrade? (from a 650 to Treo 700p, not 600 to 700p).

Surur
    Even if the new Treo 700p has just an EVDO radio, I think people will still upgrade for that alone. How many will upgrade? I don't know. If Sprint keeps EVDO the same price as vision (I think I read that somewhere) then it would be cool. For a LOT of 600 users, I think the upgrade would definitely be worth it.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

I'd definitely upgrade for EV-DO. Sprint has just introduced their new EV-DO plans with Power Vison. They are the cheapest around.

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000997065749/

Their Power Vision Access Pack, the lowest-end service, includes all you-can-eat unlimited EV-DO for $15 a month (and includes streaming news and music)

The Power Vision Plus Pack goes for $20 a month, and includes unlimited imaging (i.e. MMS), and Sprint TV Plus (streaming content from ABC News, Fuel, Fuse, Fox News/Sports, etc.)

The Power Vision Ultimate Pack is $25 a month, and includes all of the above plus yet more channels (including NBC, ESPN, Discover, TLC, etc.).
    Jimmie Geddes
    We are paying $15 a month now for pcs vision. For the same price, and to get EV-DO, I think many will upgrade.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Speed and price aside, calls come in while you are is active data sessions!
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Quote Originally Posted by robber
    Speed and price aside, calls come in while you are is active data sessions!
    I didn't realize EVDO provided that - that's cool! Now CDMA users can get the function that our GSM brothers and sisters have had all along but with better-than-GPRS/EDGE data rates. We still can't use the phone WW, but that's ok most of the time
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    We are paying $15 a month now for pcs vision. For the same price, and to get EV-DO, I think many will upgrade.
    Well, I don't know how many fairly new 650 owners will immediately upgrade.

If you have had the 650 for 6 or more months, you could probably justify it a little easier.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    ENOUGH!!!!!!!

Jimmie Geddes and Surur, I have had enough of your two bickering! I'm tired of babysitting you two. I have editted and deleted most of the offending posts and am now giving the first and last warning to quit snipping at each other in this thread! If you would like to do so, please continue via IM or whatever...
    ...HAHAHAHAHA!!!!
    Sorry, gfunk. I just had this "comic book" image of some little farmer or something upsetting Zeus and him looking down from the clouds all stern and hollering "ENOUGH"!!! Ok, guess you had to be in my head for that one, but it WAS funny.

Anyway, to the topic, there are many things I'd like to have in an upgraded model, but here are a few that would get me to upgrade:
    1. EVDO (Well, maybe. I was in an EVDO market. Now I'm on an island in a "tertiary" market, so not sure how long before we'll get it, but I still go to the "metro" market six or seven times a month.)
    2. Better BT. This is a multi-faceted issue. Part one being the fact that no matter what headset I try, I cannot leave the Treo on my hip and talk 90% of the time. One of my employees has the 6700. He can. Another had the V710. He could. Still another has the PM325. She can. I want to. It's frickinn' ridiculous. Part two is the fact that we can't Voicedial from the headset. I want built in software similar to the Voicesignal product on the Sanyo 7400. Speaker independant, works with every entry in your phone book at the push of that button. And "that button" needs to be the one on the damn headset. WHETHER THE TREO'S SCREEN IS ON OR NOT!!! There is no damn point if I have to touch my phone to turn on the screen to use my "handsfree" dialing. Sounds insignifigant, but every other BT phone on the market does it.
    3.An updated OS that allows for multitasking, quicker response, all that jazz.
    Any of these three (well, as I said maybe EVDO) would get me to upgrade. I've had my 650 for a year, and I'm starting to get the "itch".
    Oh, and no "improved" connectors or anything like that. I want to be able to continue using the accessories I've spent $$$ on. I'd even appreciate the exact same form factor as the 650 so I didn't have to buy a new Vaja.

Oh, and Jimmie? For God's sake, stop bickering so much dude! What's your problem?
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Oh, and the ability to "stream" the Sirius channels like all the "cheap" Sprint phones would be great too!
    My "spirit guide" told me it would, but that damn squirrel lies!!!
    It'll be fun.
    Well I won't mention the alternate Treo design in my sig (doh!). Assuming the design is staying pretty much the same as the 600/650 designs, I'd upgrade just for Ev-DO, but would expect that they'll likely bump up the storage space to 64MB. I haven't run into a major problem with the 32MB limit now, so 64MB would be OK with me (though I wouldn't complain if they wanted to give us more). I'd really like to see the camera optics improved. I don't need more megapixels, just better picture quality. And I'd *love* to have built-in GPS, but it should be one of the newer super-sensitive GPS chips. If they were to stick in a poor quality GPS chip that was constantly losing its signal, it wouldn't be worth it. I'd also like to see them get rid of the cheap chrome paint, switch back to the 600's D-Pad, and improve the feel of the thumbboard (I think the spacing between keys combined with the flatter shape makes typos more frequent on the 650). A newer version of Bluetooth would also be a welcome improvement as I have fairly frequent issues with mine and my wife complains that the sound drops out (FWIW, the PPC-6700 I tried for two weeks with had a noticeably better connection to my BT headset).
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    I want my next Treo to play XBOX 360 games and integrate with Windows Media Center. Oh! I'm sorry, you were talking about the next POS Treo. Sorry I couldn't resist.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    I want my next Treo to play XBOX 360 games and integrate with Windows Media Center. Oh! I'm sorry, you were talking about the next POS Treo. Sorry I couldn't resist.
    Will it be consistently out of stock everywhere too?
    It'll be fun.
    Dr. Doom those are some nice "upgrades" I am also getting the itch EV-DO will be the clincher for me. I love my Treo 650, having EV-DO would justify it
    Jimmie Geddes
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast