Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Welcome back to the world of written language, Dr.

I have gotten both good and bad advice from RS employees.

My nephew worked at one for years, I don't know how he handled either the
    thick co-workers or the dense customers.
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    It can be extreamly hard working with the general public when dealing with technology. I worked for best buy in college. We had to explained everthing like we were talking to children, then3 days latter they came back yelling that there tv had bars on the side even after an hour disertation on wide screen versus full screen complete with pictures and drawings.. some times i felt like i couldnt win no matter how hard i tried. the dr is right
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    Well, I'm gonna have to break my vow of silence. I work at Radioshack. I know what I'm talking about most of the time. I'll admit I make mistakes, and that I DO occasionally think about hanging myself, but people come on! For all of you (customers who know more than we do) there are, trust me on this, 4.8 million complete and total morons coming in everyday. I have worked here for 8 years, and I often joke with my colleagues that we should have an I.Q. test mandatory at the door before you're even allowed in.
    Do you know how many times a customer has walked in and asked me for that adapter that will let them play 8mm tapes in their VCR???
    And then they get angry with me when I explain that only VHS-C tapes can do that, 8mm has to played directly.
    "Well, I've done it before"
    Or the customer who walks in and asks for the cable to go from RCA/phono to 75ohm coax? Yes, that cable exists, but it does not modulate signal. Your DVD player still won't play on your 1974 Hitachi television. You need a modulator.
    "Naw, naw, my cousin Janey-Lynn's got one. It works."
    Or the guy who walks in and starts on a tirade because we don't have pre-amps instock. We have to order them.
    "You know, this used to be a good store to shop. You guys changed everything and decided not to take care of your customers anymore."
    Yes sir. You're right. We SHOULD carry a product that takes up a whole square foot of retail space (at $36 a square foot), costs $24.99, and we sell MAYBE one every two years!!! That'd be a good business decision.
    Look, I know they're are some dumb-@$$es working for my company, but it ain't ALL of us. I do think about hanging myself some days, but its because of customers, not associates.
    Got one more. The customer who walks in with a "Duofone"( a brand we carried when I started) and tells me it stopped working.
    "This doesn't work anymore. Fix it for me."
    "Well, when did you buy it (humoring them)?"
    "1995."
    "Sir, this isn't covered by the manufacturers warranty anymore"
    "What? Radioshack doesn't stand behind it's products?"

wow... it's like you worked with me...
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    I have never had a problem with RS employees and I've shoped there a lot.

Did get miffed at that constant asking for my address when paying cash. Especially when some employees made it sound like it was required or didnt know how to do a transaction without it. Afraid I did get a bit rude with them over that. Mike Royko wrote a great article on that way back and, having had met him once and seen how he behaved, im sure he had the poor salesgirl in tears before he was done.

Also always thought it was humerous how, every year, the Christmas special "Sale Prices" always became the new regular price after the first of the year. And the shock on the associate's face when i would mention that, like it was some vast deep dark secret that nobody was supposed to ever figure out.

Lastly, although I'm sure its better business now, I did like the way the stores used to be with odd stuff all over the place, never knew what you would find!
    Well, I'm gonna have to break my vow of silence.
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan
    I have never had a problem with RS employees and I've shoped there a lot.

Did get miffed at that constant asking for my address when paying cash. Especially when some employees made it sound like it was required or didnt know how to do a transaction without it. Afraid I did get a bit rude with them over that. Mike Royko wrote a great article on that way back and, having had met him once and seen how he behaved, im sure he had the poor salesgirl in tears before he was done.

Also always thought it was humerous how, every year, the Christmas special "Sale Prices" always became the new regular price after the first of the year. And the shock on the associate's face when i would mention that, like it was some vast deep dark secret that nobody was supposed to ever figure out.

Lastly, although I'm sure its better business now, I did like the way the stores used to be with odd stuff all over the place, never knew what you would find!
    Unfortunately, you have outed yourself sir! Now DOOM will be forced to send the cybernetic Charles Tandy Clones after you IMMEDIATELY!!!

Charlie's 1 through 14?

DESTROY!!!
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk
    wow... it's like you worked with me...
    How do you know I didn't?
    Heh.
    Just kidding, but if you worked in Boston, and it was very long ago, we may have a friend in common.
    Tom Snell?
    Tom's down here in Jax, but he has the distinction of being the longest continual RS employee, having worked for the company since the Dueschman brothers owned it, a grand total of 47 years.

And I think about hanging myself???
    It'll be fun.
    Any chance we can get back to a new POS Treo in December?
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by tjd414
    As an informed Radioshack employee let me be the first to tell you:

You will not have a POS Treo in December. It will not happen. It just won't.

There. Feel better?
    It'll be fun.
    Ever.
    It'll be fun.
    Period.
    It'll be fun.
    Nannie, nannie, boo, boo ... My brother's wife's sister's cousin's uncle's grandfather's brand new Sprint Store employee said there would be!
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    Nannie, nannie, boo, boo ... My brother's wife's sister's cousin's uncle's grandfather's brand new Sprint Store employee said there would be!
    Oh. Well. I stand...

oh, shut up.
    It'll be fun.
    Boy, are you well-named "cruel," to torture poor Perry and extend silly season. I bet you drown kittens and puppies too.
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    Boy, are you well-named "cruel," to torture poor Perry and extend silly season. I bet you drown kittens and puppies too.
    Only on weekends and if I ave gloves to keep them from scratching.

As for RS employees, I never said all were idiots...just the one I was dealing with that day. Usually they keep the conversation to the transaction at hand and that's what I prefer. I do not want someone trying to sell me last years **** flip phone.

As for RS the company...I understand that the number of people walking in there for components (resistors, diodes, etc..) has dwindled and gets smaller each year...but to remove those sections from certain locations!!! WTF!!!

RadioShack you are dead to me!
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    My uncle has flux capacitor and it works with 1970 Buick La Sabre at only 60 miles an hour, does Radio shack have a converter for an 85 Civic. I heard it was going to be out before the Treo 700p in December.

Just a thought.
    I was told two weeks ago by a sprint store rep that they will have the new treo that is a palm version out in late dec.
    Quote Originally Posted by cruelpupet
    Only on weekends and if I ave gloves to keep them from scratching.

As for RS employees, I never said all were idiots...just the one I was dealing with that day. Usually they keep the conversation to the transaction at hand and that's what I prefer. I do not want someone trying to sell me last years **** flip phone.

As for RS the company...I understand that the number of people walking in there for components (resistors, diodes, etc..) has dwindled and gets smaller each year...but to remove those sections from certain locations!!! WTF!!!

RadioShack you are dead to me!
    Is THAT what that smell is?

Seriously though, we only took them out of the stores where they amounted to less than $200 in sales annually. What do you want dude? You should have bought more. See? This is actually YOUR fault.

On topic, doesn't that Jimmie Geddes guy creep you guys out?

What? That wasn't the topic?
    What was?
    It'll be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by BenJoeM
    My uncle has flux capacitor and it works with 1970 Buick La Sabre at only 60 miles an hour, does Radio shack have a converter for an 85 Civic. I heard it was going to be out before the Treo 700p in December.

Just a thought.
    See? SEE?!? This is how informed people are! God!!! That adapter's been out for two freakin' years!!!!!
    It'll be fun.
    See? SEE?!? This is how informed people are! God!!! That adapter's been out for two freakin' years!!!!!
    Welcome Back, Doom!! (Not that you were gone, but you know what I mean!)
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast