1.    #1  
    I recently just signed up for the unlimited package which includes: 5 MB internet, 1000 text messages and unlimited MMS. Now, I'm sure i'm gonna be using email function, but mainly going to be IM and MSN messaging intensive. Will this 5 MB be suffice?
    I used about 35mb last month doing email, web browsing, IMs etc. Some people canhave been doing 500+ mb/mo though I imagine they are using BT DUN. I think that would probably be enough depending on what your email settings are and the volume youre receiving/sending.
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    I use about 50mb a month on average. I only surf and email.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    If you use it more than "rarely", I don't think it will be enough.

The Treo is built for this, so you will end up using it quite a bit....
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $you$ $can$ $still$ $get$ $Medianet$ $unlimited$ $for$ $$19$.$99$, $though$ $I$ $have$ $heard$ $that$ $they$ $arent$ $supposed$ $to$ $give$ $you$ $this$ $for$ $Treos$.
  6.    #6  
    how would they know if you were using a treo though?
    Quote Originally Posted by vitatl
    Only if you tell them
    Oh, I think they know what kind of phone you're using. On Verizon's web site when I go to my account it shows a photo of my treo. It also shows the other phones on my wife's family plan. I'm sure Cingular knows just as much.
    You can always try and get the unlimited package, with SMS and MMS separate, this is what I do.. $15 for 10M (I rarely use more than 5M really), $4 for 200 SMS, $3 for 20 MMS, and I'm good.. I could upgrade to unlimited data for $5 more but there's really no need.

Call customer service (on a landline phone as always) and just try to get them to do it.. If they call you on it, then say "oh okay" and go along and hang up, and call back. I've not had any problems with it, personally..

My original excuse if they said they knew I had a Treo was telling them it was too unstable to use as a phone right now, but that's been fixed with updates.

Now someone will post that it's cheating Cingular to 'trick' them, but ya know, when it's $20 for unlimited data or $45 for unlimited data with PDA, who is being tricked? The customer. Now if someone is using a gig a month on their MEdia unlimited, that's bad.. But reasonable usage I don't see the problem.
    They may not initially, but they could drop you from that plan at anytime if they feel you are using too much data. Personally, ive never had any of the support people say a thing to me about it and I bought my phone online so they should have a reccord of which one I purchased. I've also called a couple times to get tech support on the internet access and they never questioned the fact that I have Medianet unlimited with my 650.