Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yeah, I don't see any correlation whatsoever between Sprint's Power Vision site being up and an imminent release of the oft-rumored-but-never-even-the-slightest-bit-confirmed 700P. This is just another sad case of people tying two completely unrelated items together and deriving some sort of plausible (and only in your mind) theory from it. It's just sad to watch.

Are you completely unaware that Sprint actually already offers an EVDO capable phone? Perhaps you've heard of it, it's the 6700. I'm sure there's a thread or two around here dedicated to it. So to think that this website is up because a "700P release is coming November 24th" is just silly.

But treosixoo, to answer your question, as of right now, you don't have to work a deal with Sprint to get EVDO service if you have a 6700. If you are in a EVDO area, your phone will switch to the EVDO network automatically, and ramp back down to 1xRTT when you aren't in a coverage area. Sprint isn't charging a premium for this at this time.
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    But treosixoo, to answer your question, as of right now, you don't have to work a deal with Sprint to get EVDO service if you have a 6700. If you are in a EVDO area, your phone will switch to the EVDO network automatically, and ramp back down to 1xRTT when you aren't in a coverage area. Sprint isn't charging a premium for this at this time.
    Thanks. I wonder how long this will last?
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12