1.    #1  
    I have a prank caller calling me, with a blocked caller ID, its been going on for a few months now. They use soundboards and what not from ebaumsworld.

I have called verizon, and they cant turn on anonymous call blocking for a cell phone, only landline, nor can they tell me the number, because on their system its labeled as restricted too. Verizon gave me the only option of changing my number, but that will not work for me.

So, I realized that I have a smartphone right? I might as well put it to good use then. Can someone please tell me if there is any treo 650 software that can scan the caller ID, and if it sees an incoming blocked caller ID number, to automatically put them on voice mail, OR some other program that can let normal calls go through with one ringer, while Blocked Caller ID numbers would go into silent ringer mode?

So far the only way I get around this is putting my treo on silent all the time. The prank caller has already called during two of my uni classes and at 2 am in the morning. Hearing your friendly treo classic ringtone at 2 am in the morning while in a deep sleep is not pleasant

Are there any programs that can do this for my treo? I miss my old ringtone, and I have not been able to have silent mode off in almost a month now.
    Under "Sound Preferences," select "Tones" and change the "Unknown Caller Tone" to "No Sound". It's not a perfect solution, but you may find it helpful.
    [splicer]
    Quote Originally Posted by splicer
    Under "Sound Preferences," select "Tones" and change the "Unknown Caller Tone" to "No Sound". It's not a perfect solution, but you may find it helpful.
    [splicer]
    that might help
    `
    Hey Splicer... as in fiber fusion and/or blue orange green brown slate pic and paper?
  5.    #5  
    [splicer]
    By unknown caller, do you mean any caller not in my phone book, or just blocked Called ID? I have people that I work with calling me, and there are too many numbers to list them in my phone book, so that would not work.
    Hey Frostrambler...

You might give Callshield Pro a try. If the caller is ID is unknown or restricted, but it lists a number, you can set up a rule in Callshield using the callers phone number to refuse the call or send it to voicemail if you choose.

It won't even ring on your end if you don't want it to. Callshield Pro does work on the treo 650, even though it says it's for the treo 600.

Chuck
  7.    #7  
    All it says is restricted number, it doesnt actually show one. I will go look into it right now, thanks.