1.    #1  
    I am new to these types of devices and have been doing quite a bit(hours and hours and hours) of research and seem to come to the consensus that most people love the Treo650. However, after reading numerous articles on webpages it seemed like it had a ton of glitches, resets, freezes, loops, powerdowns, etc., that were going unexplained/unattended by Palm. My question then is, with the new firmware upgrades and all that bizz, if I plan on getting a Treo650 to use mainly as a MP3, Calendar, Phone and occasionally for some games and maybe party pictures(random pics and videos for "recalling" the night), is this the way to go? I've tinkered with a demo and loved the feel of it and the screen is amazing, but I wanna know if this thing is going to be a regretful impulse buy or not. I haven't had every single PDA ever like some of you folks out there but I'd like to think myself rather electronically inclined. If I'm trying to jam out between classes and some one calls, is this going to explode on my bank account or what??? Thanks for lookin'
    This is two strikes...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=98846

Maybe on your third attempt you'll master this, and post in the right forum.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I think most of the bugs have been worked out of the 650. Those that have it seem to enjoy it and in my limited experience, there seems to be less complaints about it.

I would say go for it. You can get them relatively cheap depending on who your carrier is.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

<Duplicate thread deleted>

MrDizzle, please do NOT double post...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    I think most of the bugs have been worked out of the 650. Those that have it seem to enjoy it and in my limited experience, there seems to be less complaints about it.

I would say go for it. You can get them relatively cheap depending on who your carrier is.
    I concur. Most problems have been 3rd party software conflicts, which can be cleaned up. Or like the "more volume issue" there is a reasonable 3rd party solution available.

Buy, Use, Enjoy!!

My only thoughts: Who is your carrier and do you want to wait for a ED-VO capable Treo? (1st Q 2006 for a Windows WM5 based Verizon unit, unknown for a PalmOS unit.) Of course you could continuously wait for the next best model and never buy at all.)

Cheers Perry.