1.    #1  
    Is PalmOS too unstable?
    Is it innately impossible to incorporate additional features in it or something?

I am just wondering why palm is morphing to Linux eventually or using Windows in Treo. Seems like they're abandoning the OS, you think
    Yeah right ! Linux....
    Quote Originally Posted by mojax
    Is PalmOS too unstable?
    I am just wondering why palm is morphing to Linux eventually or using Windows in Treo. Seems like they're abandoning the OS, you think
    To understand the reasoning behind PalmSource's move to linux, please read the following article:

http://www.informationweek.com/share...leID=169300302

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    PalmOS was borne of the simple operating system Jeff Hawkins developed for the original pilot. Jeff was a big fan of the Mac OS, and so its design parallels in many ways that of old System 7.

Throughout its life, PalmOS and the Mac OS have been brothers, right up to the point at which it's time to abandon the confined, proprietary approach and find something open, fast, and solid on which to rebuild. For Apple, that was NeXT and BSD, giving rise to OS X. For Palm, that could be Linux.

It's simply about jumping ahead in performance and stability, leaving behind a paradigm that's no longer adequate for modern handheld devices.
    Oh well, I'm a die-hard Linux user anyway