1.    #1  
    I had a Treo 600 running act for palm with no problems. I upgraded to the 650 (before reading all the posts on here) and realized that I can no longer run it. I used laplink, but I am really unhappy with how all of my contacts are now in "my contacts" and no longer in a seperate application.

I know many people have experienced this and from what I read most are using laplink or companion link to sync their contacts. Does anyone use Agendus Pro? If so, does it sync with Act 6.0 and perform in a similar fashion to Act for Palm OS?

thanks
    I may be able to help here. I have a client (oh, I'm a computer consultant and computer journalist) that uses the latest and greatest ACT with her Zire. If you don't use ACT for the Palm device, then the ActLink program (it comes on the ACT CD-ROM) puts your ACT contacts and tasks in the standard PalmOS Address Book and Todo list files. If you use the ACT scheduler, then those items will appear in the standard PalmOS Datebook file.

So with your ACT data living as PalmOS data files, then what you now need is a program that works with these data files better than the built-in apps that come with every Palm device.

There are two 900-pound gorillas in this market: Agendus (which I have used for years) and Datebk5. Agendus is at http://www.iambic.com/, and DateBk5 is at http://www.pimlicosoftware.com/. You should read the respective sites and search these forums for opinions on these two programs. They are both very good, but oriented to different users.

As an Agendus user, I can tell you this about Agendus: it is more oriented to users who have scheduled items that involve the people in your contact list, or todos that involve people in your contact list, than DateBk5. As an ACT user, i would assume this is more "you," but then, I don't really know "you" do I?

Hope this helps,
    Warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
    I use Agendus 10 and CompanionLink 2.0 now. Works great on the 650. Agendus is quite possibly the most mature worthwhile memory hog the PalmOS has. I cannot say enough good things about it.

I did get a beta invite for ACT 2 for Palm but I don't have much hope.

Derek
    Derek

Treo 180 --> 270 --> 600 --> 650 --> 680 -- Pro ( )
  4.    #4  
    Thank you both very much for your info. I was looking at Agendus however I didn't know how well it would sync with Act. I will continue researching but I really appreciate you starting me in the right direction.
    Quote Originally Posted by computerfixitguy
    I use Agendus 10 and CompanionLink 2.0 now. Works great on the 650. Agendus is quite possibly the most mature worthwhile memory hog the PalmOS has. I cannot say enough good things about it.

I did get a beta invite for ACT 2 for Palm but I don't have much hope.

Derek
    Wait...back up here. Is there really an update of AFP in the works? I assumed that they had just turned away from us.