1.    #1  
    Hello,

Assuming that you regularly back up the RAM of your Treo 650 to an SD card, how do people backup the SD card to a PC hard drive? I have been doing a manual copy of the entire card using a card reader or Card Export II, but I would like to have something which (a) can be scheduled automatically and (b) which does incremental backup for better speed.

Any ideas?

THANKS.
    Michael
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    <REMOVED>
    Quote Originally Posted by naivete
    I think naivete mis-understood your question, I believe BackupBudy VFS can do scheduled backups of the Treo to the SD card, but I do not think it comes with a desktop piece that can back up the full contents of the SD card to the PC hard drive. . . . .

Do you have backup software on your PC? Once your SD card is inserted in the reader -- it appears as a "drive" on your PC -- can you schedule regular backups of the SD card that way?

I use Real Networks songs and Real Player. I have found that backing up that directory on my SD card is long and unnecessary. The songs are already on my PC and given they are 5mb apiece, having them stored on the PC "twice" would use up extra space on the PC, as well. So I do not back up that folder from the SD card, the other folders seem to go very fast.

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 10/24/2005 at 02:56 PM.
    Windows "Briefcase" (using Card Export II with Treo, or a card reader)

After the initial synch, it looks for changes on the PC or on the card.

It was a data saver when I had to reformat my card.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    I think naivete mis-understood your question, I believe BackupBudy VFS can do scheduled backups of the Treo to the SD card, but I do not think it comes with a desktop piece that can back up the full contents of the SD card to the PC hard drive. . . . .

Do you have backup software on your PC? Once your SD card is inserted in the reader -- it appears as a "drive" on your PC -- can you schedule regular backups of that way?

I use Real Networks songs and Real Player. I have found that backing up that directory on my SD card is long and unnecessary. The songs are already on my PC and given they are 5mb apiece, having them stored on the PC "twice" would use up extra space on the PC, as well. So I do not back up that folder from the SD card, the other folders seem to go very fast.

Cheers, Perry.
    Yes I did.
    Quote Originally Posted by naivete
    Yes I did.
    Been there, done that. . . . . . . .

(That icon is giving me a headahce!! )