1.    #1  
    OK, I've been reading up on all this treo stuff and some of it's sorta confusing. Being a new owner, I want to get all the latest and best technology for my phone. I own a Cingular 650, and am basically decided on getting at least a 2GB SD Card. Upon reading that, what is all this about DOS programs and using the computer, etc... On my old phone, mpx220, all i had to do was stick in the miniSD and it was just drag and drop. Is it just that simple on this phone?

Another question, I bought this phone from a friend and he's got all this software and such on it.. how do i completely system reset this phone back to default?
    1) Yes you can
    2) Take the battery out, hold down the Red button, when you see the Palm Logo, release the button. It will ask you if you would like to erase data press up. Press Up it will reset and delete all files back to factory settings.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by vitatl
    OK, I've been reading up on all this treo stuff and some of it's sorta confusing. Being a new owner, I want to get all the latest and best technology for my phone. I own a Cingular 650, and am basically decided on getting at least a 2GB SD Card. Upon reading that, what is all this about DOS programs and using the computer, etc... On my old phone, mpx220, all i had to do was stick in the miniSD and it was just drag and drop. Is it just that simple on this phone?
    Normally, you won't have to worry about formatting the sd card on the desktop. the Treo should be able to do so itself. What I think you are referring to threads about Adata branded cards which many users here have encountered problems with. If you don't want to worry about that, then just avoid that brand of cards...
    Another question, I bought this phone from a friend and he's got all this software and such on it.. how do i completely system reset this phone back to default?
    You have to do a hard reset. The 'proper' method is to press the reset hole with the stylus tip while simutaneously holding the red hang up button. Wait until the treo reboot sequence finishes and the palm logo appears. Then release the red hang up button and an option will show up asking you if you want to delete all the data on the device. Press up to delete and that's it...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    You can drag and drop to the SD card if you have a card reader.
    Yeah, Yeah, I know. . . . there goes Perry again. . . .

If you will be using Documents to Go, get this tool to save 4mb of your internal memory by using the SD card:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=83240

Cheers, Perry.

BTW, if you have a prior Palm or Handspring device -- DO NOT -- just hot sync to your userid. You will create a brick. Let us know, we will point you in the right direction if you need "upgrade" instructions.
  6.    #6  
    this may be a dumb noob question, but where is the reset hole? I'm assuming it's underneath the phone.
    this may be a dumb noob question, but where is the reset hole? I'm assuming it's underneath the phone.
    Remove the battery cover, you'll see it to the left of the battery. It's an utterly assinine location, and just as easy to just pop the battery out for a few seconds for soft resets.

Oh, btw...read your manual.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  8.    #8  
    i don't know why but i am having trouble with this hard reset. everytime i try it, nothing happens.
    i don't know why but i am having trouble with this hard reset. everytime i try it, nothing happens.
    It's a button thing, you have to hold it down long enough, and maybe doing it in front of a mirror would help. . . .

Paste this address into your browser, it will take you to the Palm instructions on all various resets. Scroll down to hard reset and give it another try. . .
    http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...m_External2001

Cheers, Perry
    Last edited by gtwo; 10/24/2005 at 02:28 PM.
  10.    #10  
    thanks, i got it taken care of. now i just need to find some good software that i'll need. i really wish this 650 was windows OS... everything was much simpler. is winamp available for this phone? my phone is gonna be used mainly for pictures and mp3s. i decided on going with the san disk 1 gb ultra II. Unless you all feel that the 2gb is a necessity. what programs would you all recommend for me?
    Pocket Tunes (for Mp3 And Streaming Radio)
    Quote Originally Posted by DAGGZ
    Pocket Tunes (for Mp3 And Streaming Radio)
    Photos and Music . . . . . . ?

GET THE 2GB Card. . . . . . .

Try this thread for applications people could not live without:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=75871

Cheers, Perry.