1.    #1  
    www.google.com/lochp

used to be a Fantastic resource, much like Dir Assist. The two line format of:
    What? Pizza
    Where? city, state
    Would yield exactly what you were looking for during travels including a neat map without all the trash sites (such as Hotels.com) Hotels, restuarants, drug stores, you name it, it was great.

Where did this feature Go? Now it is a one line format.

My feeling is that advertisers complained.

Help generate some uproar to bring it back. Anyone agree???
    FastFrank
    It is still there. Works for me.
    Yep, still there...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    try local.google.com
    or http://mobile.google.com/local, that my favorite
    I think is faster and easier to just use KMaps to interface google search or Directory Assistant which I think interfaces yahoo search.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Google merged its maps features with its local site. I like using KMaps for some of my business lookups. For other times, I send an sms (i.e. "CVS 90210") to google.
  8.    #8  
    I appreciate all the comments, but something has changed with google local. Try to view a map: it doesn't work on my 650. Even loading takes longer and now includes error messages.

I want the old version back.
    FastFrank
    So I went to http://www.google.com/xhtml?site=local and put in Pizza Shawnee Kansas and it poped up all the pizza shops in Shawnee. I then tapped one and it popped up the little map and a link to driving directions. I have a Sprint Treo 650 using Xiino on internal.

No problems here

You just need to use this url ---> http://www.google.com/xhtml?site=local
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Probably a stupid question. Were is the = sign located on the treo? I don't see it. Trying to put this URL in as a bookmark. Thanks.
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
    You go:

option, s, Alt then toggle to it.

I always copy urls when I'm on the desktop computer then paste them in the palm desktop memo then after sync I copy and paste from memo on the Treo to blazer.

Cheers
    Tem
    Google Local (sms) service is working today for me but it was out for 2 days. - Go Figure
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  13.    #13  
    Thanx for the good link. Finally a map! (www.google.com/xhtml?site=local) I have not been able to see any maps recently. Unfortunately, it a only postage stamp size, even in wide screen mode.
    FastFrank
    Quote Originally Posted by FastFrank
    Thanx for the good link. Finally a map! (www.google.com/xhtml?site=local) I have not been able to see any maps recently. Unfortunately, it a only postage stamp size, even in wide screen mode.
    Your welcome.

Ya thats why I'm luvin KMaps
    Quote Originally Posted by FastFrank
    At least those maps are fast Fast FAST! Mapquest maps, while larger, offer no real useful extra info, and take FOREVER to load, scrool, zoom, change, etc...

-Warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro