Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am sick of everyone asking me if my Treo is a Blackberry. So I am doing my bit to try and educate the general public that the Treo is its own machine.

After receiving an email from a client's Blackberry and seeing his signature I decided to add the following to my Versamail email signature:

"Sent from a Palm Treo 650"

Who else is doing something similar.
    I too have been asked, "Is that the new Blackberry?"
    The Phone: Samsung MM-A940 | Sprint PCS
    The Car: '92 Civic HB Boosted | 340whp
    The Beater: '92 Prelude Si | Just for winter!
    The Bike: '96 CBR600 F3
    For my work account, part of my sig is:

Sent from my Treo 650 and Snappermail.

I used to include the web pages for both.

The reason I started was to let ppl know I wasnt at my desk.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    USAToday has had a picture of a Treo 650 on their front page for several days, and it is an article about Blackberry. . .
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    When people ask me, "Is that a Blackberry?", I answer, "No, something much better: a Treo!" A discussion of memory card for storage, wealth of Palm-based apps to install, etc. A quick demo of Directory Assistant gets their attention.
    Yea, when I correct people some reply that they mean BlackBerry generically as in kleenex for tissue.

HOWEVER, if the 700w release goes the way the big kids are hoping, Treo will quickly become the generic term and the pop-tart users will face the question, "Is that a Treo?".

Five times in the last week I have actually been asked " Is that a Treo?",as opposed to it being called a BB. Perhaps not coincidentally, I have noticed Treo ads in Manhattan-phone boots,bus shelters etc.

I left the Chatter sig intact,only adding my contact info-so that people are aware that I am not at my computer and/or out of the office.
    Both my Versamail sigs, for AOl and work e-mail, say something to the effect of...
    Sent from a Palm Treo 650 SmartPhone on the Verizon Wireless Network.

"Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    I use both GoodLink for corporate access and Snappermail for personal (Gmail) use.

My email sig for both is:
    'Sent from my Palm Treo 650 wireless handheld'

I've had a number of clients ask about it.

Brian
    Brian J. Herskovitz
    herskovitz@gmail.com
    After I have got my Treo 650, my colleagues who end up buying/getting fancy phones come by my desk to show theirs and I always give them same face... it that all?

No one could impress me with whatever they have got by neither functionality nor design appeal.

Never been so proud after having my VWs and Audis.
    Last edited by izmir; 10/23/2005 at 11:28 PM.
    Mine says:

"Sent from a Treo 650"
    With my AIM, Yahoo, and MSN screenames.
    MSN only because I have a bunch of military buddies in EurAsia, and MSN there is like AIM here.

Oh, by the way, Blackberry's are just as prevalent across the pond, but there is a greater amount of QWERTY phones (GSM, too) floating around on the streets, like the Nokia 9300, the HP 6515, both the 600 & 650 Treo's, etc.

So I would imagine people get that sort of question much less often...I'll ask my buddies.

Also, with this BB lawsuit/court drama, RIM might have
    Unlocked 750v: Voice / Data
    Blackberry 7130c: Private Line
    Motorola v60g T-Mo: Business Voice
    Also HTC TyTN factory; Palm LifeDrive & TX
    7 year Cingular/PacBell veteran.
    ...to stop selling BB (both the underlying server solutions & devices) in the US!

The vacuum left behind will leave a gaping hole in the corporate/enterprise enviroment that the Treo 700w WILL fill.

Depending on the 650's continuing success, Perry might get his wish of a 700p.
    They got to keep the masses away from the 6515/67xx and anything Nokia tosses out between now and 2007. Also, all the phone out now are reference designs from late 2003 until now. In other words, the phones in development now, or about to be given to the FCC for approval, are infulenced by the Treo and BB's success; every manufactuer is going to push out at least ONE QWERT phone.
    Like frickin' SAMSUNG...they have a QWERTY clamshell phone that flips vertically and horizontally...

Long live Treo.

On whatever OS it may run.
    Unlocked 750v: Voice / Data
    Blackberry 7130c: Private Line
    Motorola v60g T-Mo: Business Voice
    Also HTC TyTN factory; Palm LifeDrive & TX
    7 year Cingular/PacBell veteran.
    If Apple were marketing the Treo everyone would be calling BB's 'Treo!' Palm just doesn't know how to market their product properly IMO.

Sig: 'Sent from my Treo 650'
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Quote Originally Posted by treosixoo
    If Apple were marketing the Treo everyone would be calling BB's 'Treo!' Palm just doesn't know how to market their product properly IMO.

Sig: 'Sent from my Treo 650'
    Apple JIHAD!!
    I get it all the time, and yes that's why I have all my sigs: Sent with my Treo 650 (Sprint) Via Snappermail
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by narbeauchamp
    Five times in the last week I have actually been asked " Is that a Treo?",as opposed to it being called a BB. Perhaps not coincidentally, I have noticed Treo ads in Manhattan-phone boots,bus shelters etc.

here is one of those adds, this is in a brooklyn station.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    here is one of those adds, this is in a brooklyn station.

Yeah - this adda are all over the NYC Subway

I started noticing them a few weeks ago -they are on the A train, the R and I think the 4,5,6, lins. It's about time Palm agreesivly startes promoting there phone.

da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    I got the opposite. I have had the Treo for 6 months. Originally only a couple girls go gaga over the phone. Recently I had a lot more people from work (I work in an IT/support place) ask me about the price and carrier. One training guy said he "hate me". Haha that was the biggest compliment.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47
    When people ask me, "Is that a Blackberry?", I answer, "No, something much better: a Treo!" A discussion of memory card for storage, wealth of Palm-based apps to install, etc. A quick demo of Directory Assistant gets their attention.
    I say something like that too! But I play a video of Blade 3 that I have on my 2GB SD card. I usually say "The Blackberrys wish they could be this good..."
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....
    I say to people that blackberry's are for people that work in NYC that are ignorant to other ideas. To me the blackberry seems to be a status symbol. Hey but a friend works for the state of NJ and he was given a treo so progress?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast