1.    #1  
    I have the Treo 650 now & wanted to know if I could do something I used to do with all my other traditional cell phones. I want to have a contact with its 10 digit number then a hard pause, then a 16 digit # following. I use this for my bank. I like to have it set so all I have to enter is my pin # & I can check my account info. I dont see anywhere on the Treo in the contact info where this can be done................
    Treo 650/1Gb SD Card, Sony Clie UX50/U with EB40, Sony 1Gb Memory Stick/256Mb Pro & 256Mb SanDisk Pro, M505, Palm IIIC

Sony Vaio Notebook K15, Sony Cyber-Shot 5MP P-10
    Look in your Treo manual for "Phone favourites". when you set one up for dialing a number (as compared to launching an app), there is a button 'More'. hit that then enter your other digits. checkbox sends them after prompt or automatically.
    I could not find the "phone favorites" in the manual and would appreciate further assistance with inserting pauses.
    TIA
    You can insert pauses with a comma...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Each comma is a 2 second pause. There is no support for "w" (wait for dial tone).

You can only do this in favorites - not in the contact records themselves. Yes, it seems like a basic functionality missing.

Not good enough? Look into TakePhone
    First put the telephone number on the favorite setup screen. Then press the more option and another screen should come up and it will say "extra digits". In there put in the extra numbers with a comma where you need to pause between them. If the time it gives isn't long enough, put in another comma. When you dial the number from favorites the screen will show the hang up, speaker phone screen. On the far right where it usually shows the icon for dial pad, it will show an "extra digit" icon. Press that when the original call answers or when you need to put in the extra digits.

For instance, for my bank the main favorite screen will have the banks number: 800-333-1346. Then after the banks VM answers, I will hit the "extra digit" icon and it will dial them. Mine will have this:
    1,1,1,123456789,1234 The commas pause the dialing to answer prompts. These will be prompts from the bank. Such as:
    For English press 1
    For automatic banking press 1
    To access your checking account press 1
    Please enter your account number (123456789)
    For securtiy reasons please enter your security code (1234)
  7.    #7  
    Thx for the instructions Rick. I almost made a post about the "invalid character" msg I kept getting when I entered my card # but after I typed it out it worked fine. I see it doesnt work if you take the lazy way out & copy & paste the #. Thx much!
    Treo 650/1Gb SD Card, Sony Clie UX50/U with EB40, Sony 1Gb Memory Stick/256Mb Pro & 256Mb SanDisk Pro, M505, Palm IIIC

Sony Vaio Notebook K15, Sony Cyber-Shot 5MP P-10
    Per Verizon rep. email a Hard Pause is created by entering 'pp' when in your Favorites Extra Digits section, for example after dialing a calling card number your extra digits scetion might look like - pp15173334444 A comma only gives you about a 2 second pause.