1.    #1  
    Sup everyone. Newbie here. Just picked up a brand new Treo 650 from Sprint, paid $582 for it. I'm learning alot from this site..searching is key. I'll be sure to search before asking any other questions. Thanks!

-Johnni
    WELCOME!

1. Do you have a prior Palm device? DO NOT sync directly to that user id!

2. If you are going to use Documents to Go, this tool will save you 4mb of internal memory, if you have an SD card:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=83240

3. Get a 1GB SD card for music, storage and backups.

Cheers, Perry.
    You might also take a look at the 'sticky' threads as well. ;-)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

4.    #4  
    Thanks. This is my first Treo EVER! I love it. Right now I am currently using the VeriChat free 15 day trial. I just ordered my 1 GIG card (Thanks Perry for letting me know). I will browse the sticks now. I love this phone. Getting my BT headset tomorrow and a cover. I'd hate for ANY scratches to happen to it. Anyone recommend any cases?
    And DO NOT anger me!

j/k Welcome to T|C
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  6.    #6  
    I won't. Lol.
    I have been accused by a not to be named female member of this forum of having a high geek factor for this . . . . . . .

but I use the Palm horizontal belt pouch. I have the Treo on my hip every moment of the day except for pajamas and swimsuits. The pouch offers good protection, easy access, and "naked" use of the Treo. I use the two side pieces of egrips to give the naked Treo just that little bit extra of grip and this amount just not interfer with the in and out of the pouch.

I also use screen protectors. They are easy to replace, the screen is not.

Cheers, Perry.
    Go to the Accessories forum and read every thread you can about cases and screen protectors ... invaluable! I really learned a lot there about what sorts of cases do what jobs (e.g., give easy access, give good protection, are attractive, etc.), and what companies have good reputations. It pays to go back through older threads as there were tons of posts about cases several months ago when the 650 was really new. Set the forum to give you posts for the last year and to sort by number of replies, then read everything with the word "case" (or "skin", "holster", or "glove") in the title.

BH
    If you want some scratch/drop protection and some flexibility on how you carry it, you might look at the krussel multi-adapt case.

What bt headset did you go with?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

10.    #10  
    Well, I was planning on getting the Motorola HS850 tomorrow. The wire bugs me when I talk (using the original headseat it came with).

I also used the screen protector thingy the phone came with inside the booklet..oh man, that didn't turn out well so I peeled it off.
    I don't know how well the 850 plays with the BT in the 650...I would definitely research that one.

I use the cheap screen protectors that stick...I just take my time putting them on. You might look at the Boxwave clear? ones. I think a lot people have said they like them.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnni
    Well, I was planning on getting the Motorola HS850 tomorrow. The wire bugs me when I talk (using the original headseat it came with).

I also used the screen protector thingy the phone came with inside the booklet..oh man, that didn't turn out well so I peeled it off.
    Phone screen,
    Menu button
    Options>Phone Info
    Make sure your Software is at least version 1.08 (most current is 1.12,) or else you'll never hear anyone using a BT headset.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Phone screen,
    Menu button
    Options>Phone Info
    Make sure your Software is at least version 1.08 (most current is 1.12,) or else you'll never hear anyone using a BT headset.
    Hey, thanks for taking the time to care for what software will work with BT. I just checked and it is a 1.12. I think I'm in good hands. But, I saw another BT headset from this site, cheaper yet looks the same. I believe it was from Pranto or Prata. Can't beat that price TC has to offer!
    The Sony 660 or 662 has worked good for many people. Nutshell makes a nice case, as long as you tell them to make it without the rivet. If you want the best (most expensive) case, Vaja is the way to go. Add your software slowly.
    Welcome!

You're first 3rd part app you install should be the NeatFreak pack by Northglide (Uninstall manager and cleanup). Followed by a good backup utility, such as Backup Buddy (assuming you have a card to backup to). Install all 3rd party apps ONE AT A TIME, and once you're convinced yout Treo is still stable, make a backup BEFORE installing your next app. It's a slow process, but well worth the effort, IMO.

Also, read the manual...it really does contain some useful tips. Read the sticky threads in each forum, they also answer many common questions.

Good luck and enjoy your new baby!
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein