Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Hello Group

How Do i load all my sofware from my 600 to my 650. Need my 650 to have all the same info as my 600. Sprint told me to load the new disk. But will it upgrade where i have my 600 installed,

Also i was told that my charger is different and nothing from the 600 will work
    is this true

From steve
    Hi STEVE!

DO NOT JUST hotsync your 650 to your 600's userid. You will create a brick. The 650 will choke on the 3rd party settings brought foward.

Follow the upgrade instructions on the Palm web site or (one person's method):

create a new userid for the 650
    beamyour PIM data ovwr from the 600 to the 650
    install 3rd party software from scratch, not from a backup!
    PIM equals calendar, memos, tasks, contacts.

You can beam by category and all and do them all at once.
    Yes, the 650 has a different connection to accessories than the 600.
    How to upgrade

And yes, the 650 has the Multiconnector instead of the older Universal connectors. Anything you have (chargers, cradles, etc...) needing to be plugged into your Treo won't work.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Yes, do install the desktop from the 650 CD. You need some of the conduits that it puts into place. It will not break any of the 600 conduits or data.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smartfix
    Hello Group

How Do i load all my sofware from my 600 to my 650. Need my 650 to have all the same info as my 600. Sprint told me to load the new disk. But will it upgrade where i have my 600 installed,

Also i was told that my charger is different and nothing from the 600 will work
    is this true

From steve
    Q guys Would the sprint store take all my info and programs and upgrade my 650, Do they do that then all i have to do is Hotsync it with the new software

FM Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by smartfix
    Q guys Would the sprint store take all my info and programs and upgrade my 650, Do they do that then all i have to do is Hotsync it with the new software

FM Steve

I won't say absolutely not but I am pretty close to 99.9% sure they wouldn't.
    You need to do all that from the computer you will sync to. You need to install the 650 Desktop from it's install CD and install 3rd party programs from the same computer. Now DragonMan on this forum made a housecall for a customer, so I can't say it has never been done. Sounds like you might have to ask how much someone there would charge you for the house call, a la, the Geek Squad at Best Buy. Good Luck!

Cheers, Perry.