Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    And I was the one who stood up and told them to search...

LOL

Hey Insertion! Thanks for the link in the earlier 600 to 650 thread . . . . I was tapping away on my Treo waiting for the 7th grade Choral Concert to begin.

Cheers, Perry.
  2.    #22  
    Here's another one:

Click on a person's name (even your own) to go to the person's public profile. There you can click on a link to all their posts and started threads. Handy when trying to figure out where you have been. . . . . (for the memory challenged like me. . . . .)
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG
    Perry, no offense, but if someone has to be told this, they certainly shouldn't be trying to operate a Treo.
    The Phone: Samsung MM-A940 | Sprint PCS
    The Car: '92 Civic HB Boosted | 340whp
    The Beater: '92 Prelude Si | Just for winter!
    The Bike: '96 CBR600 F3
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Here's another one:

Click on a person's name (even your own) to go to the person's public profile. There you can click on a link to all their posts and started threads. Handy when trying to figure out where you have been. . . . . (for the memory challenged like me. . . . .)

I did not know until I "accidentally" clicked on a name rather than the thread title. . . . . . . . and had that "OH! Look what I've found experience!"

Cheers, Perry
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Here's another one:

Sometimes this is the only way I can find my way back to something since the search feature in VBulitine is sooooo lousy.
    you can also press F5 to refresh IE and youll see if any new posts came that way.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
  7.    #27  
    Time to BUMP this puppy. . . .

I have seen too much of the sit on a post phenomena recently . . . .

FROM POST #1:

Just a thought. . . . I have seen where new posters will sit and wait for a response and leave without seeing the response made. . . .

To see any new posts to a thread(if there are any). . . you must use your browser's page refresh function or go out of the thread and then back into it. . . you just cannot wait at the page . . . a new post will not automatically refresh your view of the thread. . . . unlike some of the AOL chat rooms and such . . . . .

Cheers Perry.
    Perry, I'm curious how you know that people are not refreshing the page. Do you have a program to view their webcam and see the stupid look on their face, or are you some sort of an alien mind* reader?

* (Perhaps you are a "find" reader, and take advantage of people's compromised global find buttons when they aren't looking!)
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Perry, with all due respect, doesn't it make more sense that people post a question, and then leave without ever logging off? I'm not sure what the time out rate is set on this forum, but I'm guessing this is what is happening, rather than a bunch of drooling zombies staring at a monitor waiting for text to magically appear.

Most likely, these people aren't even looking at the site anymore, and may not even be at their computer.

Just a thought.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Thanks Insertion, he's noticing that they are logged in, present in a threa, but not responding. (I liked the "find reader" idea better!) :-)
    The dumb arss questions asked on this forum at times merit page refreshment stupidity awaiting new post reply and I personally never get off without logging off.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Hey Perry,push the REFRESH button! (Now!!!) :-)
    Perry is just picking at the brains with you guys with this thread if you haven't caught on already and it is so far working...give it a refresh and a couple of thread bumps.
    at&t iPhone3G
  14.    #34  
    Just Profiling . . . .

current month is join month
    first or second post
    shows as still logged in
    last activity = the post in question

although Insertion makes agood point. . . .
    Thanks, you really care a lot about newbies!
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    Just Profiling . . . .

current month is join month
    first or second post
    shows as still logged in
    last activity = the post in question

although Insertion makes agood point. . . .
    OK, now I found where you are doing the above queries from:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/me....php?do=search
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    Thanks, you really care a lot about newbies!
    I am a newb! We stick together!

I'm waiting for you to write the program:
    TreoCentralCiel.

It will graph each users behavior across any set of parameters you want to, so you can predict where they will be next! :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    I am a newb! We stick together!

Hardly! (as evidenced by your advanced profiling)

PS: It's nice to know we can count on at least one person that remains hopeful about Palm!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12