Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    It makes people looking at me when I pull out from my pocket.

I draw attention in public places, some leads into interesting conversations, some to envious comments.
    Last edited by izmir; 10/21/2005 at 09:31 AM.
    I use mine to annoy my wife and to cement myself as "that friend who has lots of gadgets and who will set up your wireless network for a decent bottle of wine." Other than that, I have recently been using it as something to consume all of my time at work while I make and load different ROMs.
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    I use the camera as a quick way to take a note. Examples: Hotel room numbers, car parking spots, cover of a book or movie I want to get, the map of the mall or court house, pictures of atoy the kid wants for chistmas.
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883
    I use the camera as a quick way to take a note. Examples: Hotel room numbers, car parking spots, cover of a book or movie I want to get, the map of the mall or court house, pictures of atoy the kid wants for chistmas.
    You just raised my geek rating. Great idea for the memory challenged. (Why else do I carry a Treo!?!)

Cheers, Perry
    I do this when orientating at new med units. I snap a pic of an entrance and write a note or perhaps a pass code to an exit right on the picture, sometimes theres up to 8 on each floor and there never marked if it is a locked unit (Alzheimer's and behavior units) works awesome!
    Last edited by jamespaulritter; 10/21/2005 at 08:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by izmir
    I make people steer at me with mine.

I draw attention in public places, some leads into interesting conversations, some to envious comments.
    Sounds dangerous. Do you get out of the way as they steer into you? That would indeed draw attention and interesting conversion if this happens to you all the time.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I do this as well. Its also a great technique to use when at a wine/beer tasting when there is a good chance you wont be remembering what you liked and what you didnt unless you buy it on the spot.
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    When I went to Vegas I took a picture of my hotel room door as a precaution...and damned if it didn't come in handy! I may be a raging alcoholic, but at least I slept in my own bed! ...wait should I be happy about that?
    Treo 650 Wireless Headset
    1.I emulate a hp 49 using power48. im probably one of the ten people who do that. =)
    2. I read pdf files on my palm formatted to pdb using a program for unix I wrote myself. o_O (Will be in next sync buddy for Mac OS X.)
    3. I back up all my files (encrypted) to an SD card at 3:00 every morning automaticly.
    4. Last but not least I listen to Meat Loaf, "Bat Out Of Hell". Yes shocking but true. how about that for "unique" ?
    "Murphy was an optimist."
    Flee, yeah, you are probably one of the 10 using the HP49.. Sissies.

Real men use the hp48. Although I don't use it much, at one point I did have quite a few of my programs I collected/wrote on my real hp48 in the power48 emulator, but they got lost a while back somehow, so now it's a standard install.

It's amazing the things I used to do with my hp48.. Wrote all sorts of programs for it to do various things, and had all kinds of fun programming it. It'd be nice if the Treo had 320x480, as the emulator is *perfect* that that size.
    I have 1 SD card dedicated to Meatloaf Albums!!!!

No lie. I have 3 SD cards but only us 2. Hey you know "2 out of 3 ain't bad"
    Nik<hr>M100 --->M125 --->M500 --->Treo300 --->Sprint-Treo600 --->Sprint-Treo650
    <hr>
    Rom 8:31 <'><
    <marquee bgcolor=red width=150 height=5>
    1 in 150 babies born today will have some form of Autism
    </marquee>
    Unlocking Autism Mission Trips to Honduras My Space
    Always use it as a flashlight. I also use it to pick up chicks (yes - geeky ones but it works)

lately, Splash ID has been geeting a serious workout - there are just to many passwords to remember.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
  13.    #33  
    I forgot to tell... I also make my boss jealous (at least envious) that I have had one by myself and have been using for anything and everything, while upper managers expect to have something like that through the company!
    Quote Originally Posted by DAGGZ
    what do you use for traffic?

thanks
    I have a jeep for traffic.
    i have mine in a holster, when i leave in the morning i hit teh red key to temp turn it while it's on my hip to light to see the key hole to lock the front door, it's dark because i leave at 5:30 and turn the porch lights off for the day when i leave. it's teh perfect amount of time to get right key and stck in key hole. it also allows me to leave with my hands full
    I pick my nose w/ the antenna...
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
    I use mine instead of toilet paper.

I get lots of inspiration on the john. Years ago I would scribble notes on toilet paper. Now I use my Treo.
    My PDA history: ditched pre and upgraded back to the Treo 755p, Palm PRE, Treo 755p, 650, 600, TMobile Pocket PC, Visor Platinum, Kyocera Palmphone, Treo 300, Visor Silver, Ipaq H3600, Orig Handspring, and various and sundry other early iterations of PDA's.
    I record movies while in the theatre's (That's how they get on eDonkey and Kazza so fast) J/K but I know someone probably does on this board...
    The worst thing i use it for is to show off my geeky gadget skills, Yep, I'm a playa like that. Treo Pimp is what they call me
    PDA History

Treo 90 > Sony Clie SJ-20 > Tungsten E > HP Ipaq 4355 > Dell Axim X30 > Tungsten T|3 > Tungsten T|5 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Tungsten T|5 > Tungsten E|2 > Tungsten T|X > Blackberry 7250 > Treo 650 (Current)

Functional Palms
    Treo 650, T|X, and T|E2

Too Many Palms!!!
    Jordan,

LOL....."Treo Pimp"
    -jeff

...the Truth will set you free!
    I use this when I'm waiting for my next class. I am able to: watch full movies, watch full music videos, watch tv (helpful on football days to get scores), listen to my mp3's, play my games (Emulator), surf the web (limited), and chat on AIM. Also, I created an email account strictly for my treo. So I have a personal email on my pc and a treo 650 email (meaning that this address is for emailing from and to my treo only).
    The Phone: Samsung MM-A940 | Sprint PCS
    The Car: '92 Civic HB Boosted | 340whp
    The Beater: '92 Prelude Si | Just for winter!
    The Bike: '96 CBR600 F3
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast