webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Nation Community >  General News & Discussion > how do you block someone's phone number from calling you?
how do you block someone's phone number from calling you?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By RumoredNow
  • 1 Post By Rnp

Old 10/15/2005, 07:57 PM   #1 (permalink)

Gave this chick my number and my job is done and she refuse to move on. She keep calling me every day and every 10 to 20 mins and I refuse to pick up it and I am tired of telling her to stop calling. She have other people playing on my phone by calling using blocked numbers randomly and this is getting really REALLY annoying.

How do I stop this? how do I block these people phone numbers and also how do I stop it so that people who blocked their number calls wont be accepted by my phone or something?

HELP
The Juiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/15/2005, 08:49 PM   #2 (permalink)

Stalker!!!

Unfortunately you might have to call your wireless provider to block the call. There is an app called Callfilter that can block calls on the 600, but an update for the 650 STILL has not been released afaik...

Current device: Palm Pre
Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
Gaurav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/15/2005, 09:22 PM   #3 (permalink)

Try Callshield. This works well enough for me, hopefully it will work for you as well. Hope that "job" paid well enough for the harassment your experiencing.
thomasanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/16/2005, 12:15 PM   #4 (permalink)

Two words: fake number
Aussie Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/16/2005, 05:54 PM   #5 (permalink)

One thing you might want to do is set her number as a favorite button and then set the ring to no sound. If you block her number, she'll figure it out pretty quickly and just use another number. Another thing is to have a girl answer your phone and say that the number is her number now, set your voicemail to a default setting though.
Blustig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/16/2005, 06:17 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blustig
Another thing is to have a girl answer your phone and say that the number is her number now
And hope she won't turn into a stalker.
StrangeReaction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/16/2005, 07:27 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeReaction
And hope she won't turn into a stalker.
I hear rabbit is for dinner
Aussie Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/17/2005, 12:19 AM   #8 (permalink)

Callfilter works PEFECTLY FINE on the Treo 650.
1.14, works just fine.
Go download Callfilter.
Add a "rule" with her number. It will dump her to voicemail, won't even ring.

Greatest. Thing. Ever.

I have 14 numbers on my block list. I call them back, when I feel like it. But it goes to voicemail, everytime. I'm government service, so turning off the phone, or being a wuss and not answering every call won't cut it. I have to be reachable - AT ALL TIMES.

So I am.Just depends on what your throwing up on my Caller ID display. If you're on my CallFilter list - you ain't getting through.
Also HTC TyTN factory; Palm LifeDrive & TX
7 year Cingular/PacBell veteran.
ItsAllVerbatim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/17/2005, 12:22 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Juiceman
Gave this chick my number and my job is done and she refuse to move on. She keep calling me every day and every 10 to 20 mins and I refuse to pick up it and I am tired of telling her to stop calling.
HELP
That's how it always starts, brother. http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...milies/eek.gif

Next thing you know, she's digging through the trash and entering your favorite ice cream flavor into her Handspring Visor*.

*See? She can't move on Say it with me: PALM.

Also HTC TyTN factory; Palm LifeDrive & TX
7 year Cingular/PacBell veteran.
ItsAllVerbatim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/17/2005, 11:38 AM   #10 (permalink)

Ringo has the ability to select Do Not Disturb for a caller. The calls go direct to voicemail.
mbribet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/19/2005, 03:00 PM   #11 (permalink)

Where are you guys getting Callfilter version 1.14 from? I can only find 1.12 online. I'm having multiple blocked caller ID calls and the ******* is getting frustrating....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAllVerbatim
Callfilter works PEFECTLY FINE on the Treo 650.
1.14, works just fine.
Go download Callfilter.
Add a "rule" with her number. It will dump her to voicemail, won't even ring.

Greatest. Thing. Ever.

I have 14 numbers on my block list. I call them back, when I feel like it. But it goes to voicemail, everytime. I'm government service, so turning off the phone, or being a wuss and not answering every call won't cut it. I have to be reachable - AT ALL TIMES.

So I am.Just depends on what your throwing up on my Caller ID display. If you're on my CallFilter list - you ain't getting through.

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
-=-=-
Praise is what I do...
techprincesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/19/2005, 04:15 PM   #12 (permalink)

i have callfilter and i had the same problems before with a old girlfriend.i can block 800 #.,any contact, or no caller id #.get it and you will not have the problem anymore.
rberzas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/19/2005, 04:52 PM   #13 (permalink)

Lightwav Pro allows you to block incoming #'s as well
Old 10/20/2005, 11:52 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbribet
Ringo has the ability to select Do Not Disturb for a caller. The calls go direct to voicemail.
RingoPro jus silences the ringer.It doesn't send the caller directly to voicemail.

I would give the crazy bi*&h a taste of her own medicine.Take some time out your schedule to harrass her back.Do it 50 times harder than she would.Get like 10 of you friends together and jus start dialing. She'll get the point. If all else fails, change your number.

Sweet Chi-Town Music!

300 > 600 > 650

CURRENT EQUIPMENT

TREO 650

Alternate Phone- Motorola Razr V3 (silver)
Hu$tle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/29/2013, 12:46 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Juiceman View Post
Gave this chick my number and my job is done and she refuse to move on. She keep calling me every day and every 10 to 20 mins and I refuse to pick up it and I am tired of telling her to stop calling. She have other people playing on my phone by calling using blocked numbers randomly and this is getting really REALLY annoying.

How do I stop this? how do I block these people phone numbers and also how do I stop it so that people who blocked their number calls wont be accepted by my phone or something?

HELP
hi go to g voice and block his phone number
tnxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/29/2013, 10:58 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnxm View Post
hi go to g voice and block his phone number
wow this is like opening a time machine
My OneDrive referral link: OneDrive
xandros9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/11/2013, 10:15 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Juiceman View Post

HELP
you just have to say if you are not going to stop I am make a police report n if he say make lah then you keep repect over n over to make her scared <edited by moderator>

Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 05/11/2013 at 10:58 AM. Reason: email address removed
Old 06/19/2013, 04:25 AM   #18 (permalink)

you can block call at your phone setting or phonebook is just see you know or not only if your phonebook for exaple

dial *67016295621798 and then call that will block and you can make a police report that he distude or you can

block his call at Google voice after you will not hear your phone ring the now you can spend time do your thing

like see tv, play games ,call people ,sms,people reading,
Old 06/19/2013, 10:15 AM   #19 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

@ tnxm...

You are replying to posts that are almost 8 years old. Those people don't even come to this forum anymore.
RumoredNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by sledge007 likes this.
Old 06/19/2013, 12:17 PM   #20 (permalink)
Rnp

Congratulations!

http://i.imgur.com/IROgbd7.jpg

Best Regards...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IROgbd7.jpg (157.3 KB, 3 views) Email Attachment
Liked by sledge007 likes this.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0