1.    #1  
    I'm thinking if I get a TX, a keyboard, and keep my treo 650 I will be able to leave my laptop behind. The reason why I didn't totally leave behind the laptop was the small screen on the treo, left too much to be desired. But Now with the TX and its great price I may have a solution.
    I can get online using my 650, connect it to the TX and keyboard as basically be able to do email and web browsing on a beautiful screen.

Then for note taking in Word the TX and keyboard will serve me well. I have my bible apps (main thing I don't want to leave behind thats on my powerbook) on Palm anyways.

I will still carry a bag, but I can leave the laptop behind and fill it with books and paperwork (I've needed more room lately).

The TX and Treo are looking more and more like a great solution for my needs.

Has anyone else tried this combination?
    I don't have a TX. I simply use the infared keyboard and my treo to take notes in class. From what I've read, I'm not the only one that uses this combination. I don't really want to carry two devices around, plus the keyboard. If I was to do that, I would get a Life Drive, then maybe a really good, small cell phone. Perhaps the Razor. However i can't imagine really going back to the days of carrying a pocket pc/palm device, AND a cell phone. And ofcourse the keyboard. Not for me.
  3.    #3  
    I had a keyboard with my treo 600, but just found the screen too small for me, although it did work.

I'd more likely just throw the TX and keyboard in the bag I always carry to school or appointments anyways leave the laptop and the extra 10 lbs at home.
    i don't know if i've been living on mars, but i've just discovered the sprint 6700. I will be dumping the treo for this. forget the tx, or lifedrive.
    Have fun with the mini sd, akward keyboard, and short battery life. Long live treo

As far as the original poster, it sounds like if it works for you, then it works I don't mind carrying around my laptop, so whatever works, works. I like the combination of my 650 and laptop, seems like the best student combination
    PDA History

Treo 90 > Sony Clie SJ-20 > Tungsten E > HP Ipaq 4355 > Dell Axim X30 > Tungsten T|3 > Tungsten T|5 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Tungsten T|5 > Tungsten E|2 > Tungsten T|X > Blackberry 7250 > Treo 650 (Current)

Functional Palms
    Treo 650, T|X, and T|E2

Too Many Palms!!!
    Question:

Say I buy a T|X.

If the GPRS/EDGE connection on the Treo is left on; could I connect the T|X via Buetooth and browse on the bigger screen? This would be awesome. The T|X is small enough I wouldn't mind carrying it. It's not big, I'm 20, and even I remember the brick Motorola phones from 1985-92.

Carrying a T650, a T|X, an extra battery and wallet/keys is not a lot.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsAllVerbatim
    Question:

Say I buy a T|X.

If the GPRS/EDGE connection on the Treo is left on; could I connect the T|X via Buetooth and browse on the bigger screen? This would be awesome. The T|X is small enough I wouldn't mind carrying it. It's not big, I'm 20, and even I remember the brick Motorola phones from 1985-92.

Carrying a T650, a T|X, an extra battery and wallet/keys is not a lot.
    Yeah, that's an extra perk. I often browse the web on my treo. If I didn't have wifi internet at home, I would browse the web throug the treo's BT connection on the TX.

But now I can't find a BT keyboard that supports the TX yet!?!? If there was one, I would have bought the TX yesterday. I'll probably buy it this week from Palm's website.
    I already own a mini sd card so np there. And from the research ive been doing, some say the keyboard is better then the treo. Guess this depends on the person. As well, I've read 4.9 hours of talk time. Thats more then enough for me, as I don't use the phone that much on my treo now.
    What I will have fun with is using WiFi at my college. Or using Sprints ED-VO. Or wirelessly syncing my information over my home network.
    But im getting way off the purpose of this thread. To each his own