Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I have yet to see a real test of the Ipod Video but on the press release I read it can play 3 hours of video.

So I put my Treo to the Test, my wife and I watch 5 episodes of "24" on my Treo 650 using TCPMP, audio turned all the way up, and screen full and rotated.

Started with a FULL BATTERY! After 5 episodes and 45 minutes each (do the math, carry the 1, etc.) That is 3 hours and 45 minutes, 45 more than you can do on an IPOD. I am now at 29% Battery Life, I am sure I can get another one in but the small screen is pissing my wife off and she wants to know what happens to Jack in season 5 after he is captured by Marwan. So, back to Blockbuster for the rest.

But this test proves, We already have the better IPOD it is called a Treo 650.

Ciao
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BenJoeM
    I have yet to see a real test of the Ipod Video but on the press release I read it can play 3 hours of video.

So I put my Treo to the Test, my wife and I watch 5 episodes of "24" on my Treo 650 using TCPMP, audio turned all the way up, and screen full and rotated.

Started with a FULL BATTERY! After 5 episodes and 45 minutes each (do the math, carry the 1, etc.) That is 3 hours and 45 minutes, 45 more than you can do on an IPOD. I am now at 29% Battery Life, I am sure I can get another one in but the small screen is pissing my wife off and she wants to know what happens to Jack in season 5 after he is captured by Marwan. So, back to Blockbuster for the rest.

But this test proves, We already have the better IPOD it is called a Treo 650.

Ciao
    You would get more battery life with headphones.
    According to Apple's press release, the video iPod can support H.264 compress at 30 fps. To get a true comparison of the battery life, I think it would be only fair if you could also use this same compression and frame rate as well...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I can't figure out how to answer or make a call on the ipod though! I am also having big problems configuring email on the device.

any suggestions?

:-)
    car_designer
    Visor Deluxe-->Treo 600-->650 cameraless-->700P-->755P cameraless conversion -->Treo 800W + Celio Redfly all on Sprint
    Parrot ck-3300 handsfree + BT GPS
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    According to Apple's press release, the video iPod can support H.264 compress at 30 fps. To get a true comparison of the battery life, I think it would be only fair if you could also use this same compression and frame rate as well...
    I think I am pretty close, The files are Mpeg-4 Divx at 29.97 fps but I will to compress them at Mpeg4 H.264 and see what I get.

I still beleive even with out the head phones our treo will crush the video capabilities of the ipod.

Not to mention email and a phone!
    I compromised and bought an iPod Nano. It's small enough not to make me feel like I'm carrying two separate gadgets that could be rolled into one, but much better for just playing music. Doesn't effect the battery life of my Treo either. And try putting 760-ish songs on a memory card!
    The Treo 650 is a great device, but not too many people know all the great things it can do. It all comes down to the fact that:

Apple = Marketing Genius

Palm = Still trying to figure out how to really market their product.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    I bought one of the new iPods to replace my 3G model that has passed it's useful life (the kids get that one). The Treo is a great all-in-one device but there are times where I like to have my vast music collection with me. I don't know if I'll ever use the iPod video features much. The Treo is more useful as a video device compared to the iPod IMO. I think it will be inteeresting to see how people leverage the iPod video. Video podCasting might take off and I think pron will be huge on the iPod, if you are into that kind of thing.
    Don't forget TDS (The Daily Show w/ Jon Stewart!)

I must have 6 episodes on a 1GB Sandisk.
    The beauty of removable media - I can pop in ANOTHER SD card filled with Beatles tunes!

The Treo is a great all-in-one device but there are times where I like to have my vast music collection with me.
    Agreed.

I shall never give in to the iPod allure - I have a Treo 650, a Toshiba F60 60GB MP3 player for those Japan/Asia flights and rather large music collection and my Sony VAIO. That's enough for me. And enough USB cables to choke Godzilla himself.

No need for a biPod. It does two things - and, I gather, neither of them well...http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...ilies/wink.gif
    Last edited by ItsAllVerbatim; 10/15/2005 at 03:18 PM.
    Unlocked 750v: Voice / Data
    Blackberry 7130c: Private Line
    Motorola v60g T-Mo: Business Voice
    Also HTC TyTN factory; Palm LifeDrive & TX
    7 year Cingular/PacBell veteran.