1.    #1  
    Hi,
    I am looking for a phone that I can stay GPRS connected all the time and make and receive voice calls without dropping the GPRS connection.
    I have been told Class A phones are the solution although I cannot find one.

I was sure that the Treo 650 would be such a device . I have the Treo 600 for a while and this exact problem. I moved to an XDA 2s for a while but now want to come back to Treo , I was hoping the 650 could solve the problem.

Does anyone know about this?

thanks in advance

Rich
    Class A,,,,, is that hardware A?

GPRS conection while maintaining a call, is that a data connection while on a call? If so no, data blocks calls most of the time. People send me email when they cant get throught on a call because they know my 650 cant do both at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tem
    Class A,,,,, is that hardware A?

GPRS conection while maintaining a call, is that a data connection while on a call? If so no, data blocks calls most of the time. People send me email when they cant get throught on a call because they know my 650 cant do both at the same time.
    A 650 can do both at the same time, though not if its CDMA. The GSM model does this quite well.
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    OIC I'm CDMA...
    even on GSM it can have problems though, it isnt quite 100% support. I was using BT DUN from my Treo to my iBook to stream the audio of a football game a couple weeks ago while on the road and if i sent a text message the internet connection would die.
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    Quote Originally Posted by rich1221
    Hi,
    I am looking for a phone that I can stay GPRS connected all the time and make and receive voice calls without dropping the GPRS connection.
    I have been told Class A phones are the solution although I cannot find one.

I was sure that the Treo 650 would be such a device . I have the Treo 600 for a while and this exact problem. I moved to an XDA 2s for a while but now want to come back to Treo , I was hoping the 650 could solve the problem.

Does anyone know about this?

thanks in advance

Rich
    I beleive most Class A GPRS devices are air cards...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    more important, is there and gsm provider that supports class a?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.