Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Read it hear Stop pumping out **** when you have crippled **** to fix (Treo 650)!
    the TX has built in wi-fi. How would you "fix" the 650 to add that.
    I have hoping that they would bring out a drive for the sd-slot card. With all the wifi built in smartphones coming out, I would think it would make economical sense to Palm.
    I really wish people would read/search and not randomly gripe.

Read my lips. Carriers do not want people having WiFi on Treo's because it would reduce cellular data usage. It's no accident or oversight that the Treo doesn't have WiFi.

Yes, there are other PDA's that Cingular (for example) carry that have WiFi. I'm not inclinded to get into that.
    How about you read the other handheld section and look at the new smartphones with wifi capability.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    I really wish people would read/search and not randomly gripe.

Read my lips. Carriers do not want people having WiFi on Treo's because it would reduce cellular data usage. It's no accident or oversight that the Treo doesn't have WiFi.

Yes, there are other PDA's that Cingular (for example) carry that have WiFi. I'm not inclinded to get into that.

Then how do you explain the PPC 6700 that Sprint is now supporting which has integrated wifi? With more and more smartphone devices appearing with integrated wifi, I'm more inclined to believe this is an issue with Palm and not just the carriers...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Maybe this means that the new Treo p will have wifi. (hope)

BTW, the TX also has BT 1.1.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Quote Originally Posted by treosixoo
    Maybe this means that the new Treo p will have wifi. (hope)
    It better, I won't purchase one unless it does!
    You're right, IT BETTER!!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    The TX also has 128 MB of memory. . .
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    << has a 6700 with wifi and it is damned good wifi...by the way, the carriers are in the wifi business pretty heavily themselves now so I think this is a Palm issue...