Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I got emailed by a VERY RELIABLE source on new Treos:

http://www.gadgetsonthego.net/2005/1...-in-works.html
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    This has been discussed in some threads before. Nobody denies the existence of a Symbian Treo prototype, but that doesn't mean that PALM would actually put it in to production.
    I saw earlier who told you that, and he has been on the money about other device news.
  4.    #4  
    I can't discuss who told me that , but I know my source is a VERY VERY RELIABLE source.
    Jimmie Geddes
    So are you saying your source confirmed that symbian has been tested or that there will be a symbian production treo?
    What is the advantage of a Symbian Treo? Would I be able to run my Palm programs on it? My Palm Treo 650 Software programs would probably run on an upgraded Palm Treo, but what about a Symbian Treo?Would it be easy to merge my calendar and contact information?
    Why would I want the symbian Treo. The Sony P990 is just as bulky but has a 320X240 screen.

Basically is a Sony P990 sans wifi, with a SD slot, and a much sh!ttier camera, and much smaller memory footprint. Damn I can't wait.
    Last edited by whatever7; 10/11/2005 at 07:45 PM.
    So what you are saying is it's "confirmed" however you can't confirm it nor give a confirmable source. Thus this is "hype" and "speculation". This is anything but confirmed.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    So what you are saying is it's "confirmed" however you can't confirm it nor give a confirmable source. Thus this is "hype" and "speculation". This is anything but confirmed.
    true
    "If" true I think it's a great move on Palm's part to have that option and not be in bed with one company that could leave them hanging. But, how will carriers embrace multiple OS Treo's? I mean how many will they be willing to carry"
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7
    Why would I want the symbian Treo.
    You wouldn't.

Assuming for a moment that it's true (and forgetting that Colligan denied this), a Symbian Treo would not be targeted at you or me. Palm wants to get some traction in Europe, and a Symbian Treo would help them do that.
    The post on your web site has been deleted, but the RSS feed still shows this:

"I just heard from Roc a fella (AKA the guy who posted the Windows Mobile Treo videos)
    Jimmie Geddes
    Today, 01:24 PM
    Everyone has to remember the guy who goes by the name "Roc a fella"; he posted the videos of the Windows Mobile Treo a few months ago that set the handheld world on fire with the then rumor there was a Treo running Windows Mobile. As we all know he was right. I had gotten in contact with him to ask about a Cobalt Treo, and here's what happened. Originally Posted by jimmie" "I have a site it's
    Read more…"

so "if" this is your source for the info then yes I believe. He is the one who broke the WM5 Treo story. Now if you can just get some video out of him.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    Not sure this has been discussed.
    Story on engadget.
    http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000280062910/
    I think that all this noise about a Symbian Treo is BS. Palm explicitly said at their press conference that they were not planning on using any other new operating systems for the forseeable future. They could not and would not say that if they were even considering coming out with a Symbian Treo.
    <merged>
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamaDBrown
    I think that all this noise about a Symbian Treo is BS. Palm explicitly said at their press conference that they were not planning on using any other new operating systems for the forseeable future. They could not and would not say that if they were even considering coming out with a Symbian Treo.
    That was my original thinking, but if this buzz is coming from "Roc A Fella" then it may just be so. Not sure if Palm will ever release it, but I'm sure they have a few in the labs.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    </body>
    the key word or words here are "in the works" not soon to be released!
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    </body>
  18.    #18  
    Thanks Imageone, my article clearly says "Palm Treo and Symbian Treo in the works, confirmed". We all know that the Windows Mobile Treo was "in the works" for at least over a year. My intention was not to hype anything, or mislead anyone I was just relaying information I had received.
    Jimmie Geddes
    ROC works for Verizon, why would he knows about a GSM phone in development? Explain this to me.

Oh, you also miss the "CONFIRMeD!!!!!!1111oneone" in the end, it is not true comfirmed.
    I could care less about a Symbian Treo, but it sure makes PALM look like a solid company. I love when companies cover all bases. It gives you a stability feeling, meaning that no matter which OS wins at the end you are still a winner. I like that... Keep up the good work PALM.

Al
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast