Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    Jimmie is the SOURCE of the engadget report. He runs and is the "editor" of gadgetsonthego.net . Thats whats so scary.

Surur
    That's my issue in a nutshell.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    also HassanDaddy, Palm execs were quoted in mainstream press yesterday as saying there is no Symbian Treo in the works so I am wondering where you got the news or are you really Scooter Libby(or Carl Marx Rove)? and if so when are you going to tell Palm they have this Symbian phone? i am sure they would love to hear about it..or are you just manipulating stock prices?
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Actually, it's a bad idea in that respect. Palm stock has done nothing but drop sense the idea of a microsoft deal hit the investors, now if they announce others, it'll further the belief they are not on track and the stock will continue to plummet.
    Palm stock drop was due more to profit taking then anything else. More importantly, it has been quit stable which suggests a fair degree of confidence.

The downside is a company which has become more and more dependent on one device although in more choice and models.

How long will the Treo's popularity remain? Palm better have some great ideas in the pipe line. Three years from now the device of the day will likely be very different. Will Palm be the the main player?
  4.    #44  
    I am not the "source" in the article. You know who the solurce is. He released the videos of a treo running windows mobile. I am not the source, can you guys read? You take things so out of context, and don't know what you're talking about. My article clearly says a source contacted me. I did not contact myself, there was another person. I feel like I got to break things down for a 2 year old with some of you. You are getting ridiculous now, and I am tired of the attacks. Surur I will contact treocentral about you, the same way you were banned from 1src, palminfocenter. I am tired of you guys putting me down and telling lies. Stop it already!!!
    Jimmie Geddes
    Jimmie, I certainly do not want to be banned. I have only one post in this thread. On this occasion I was only (accurately) informing HassanDaddy why you seemed to be blamed for the content of this thread. He was under the impression that you were quoting Engadget, while Engadget was actually quoting you. Engadget itself quotes your website and article as the source of the "confirmation". My post was not abusive in any way, and not a personal attack.

Jimmie, you seem to be unusually focussed on me, when there are others who are questioning your style. I thought you were intent on developing a thick skin, as you mentioned in the recent 1src editorial thread.
    If you really want to be a writer you need to accept critism as part of the job, and also take resposibility for your articles, including fact checking. Like Dan Rather, who had to resign after relying on false information, you should take responsibility for your journalism. After Colligan's explicit denial I still have not seen you write a retraction, but instead you posted the "adding more fuel to the fire" thread. I have so far only seen one person adding fuel to the Symbian Treo story, and that appears to be you.

I hope you can take critisism in the spirit it was intended, not as a put down, but as an attempt to improve your future articles and reputation.

Surur
    Last edited by surur; 11/10/2005 at 03:52 AM.
  6.    #46  
    Surur,
    I do not need journaltisic advice from you. You have been banned from so many forums , 1src, Palminfocenter among others for the way you put people down.
    I can take criticisms, not attacks. Don't drag other treocentral members into this as you say there are others, you've been doing this to me at 1src, engadget, now here. I'v had enough. Thanks for your advice.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Mods, this thread seems to have lost it's value...

LG VX9800
    Motorola HS-850
    Linksys USBBT100
    Mobile Crossing BT GPS

(R.I.P.)
    VZW Treo 650
    Treo Side Case
  8.    #48  
    I agree..
    Jimmie Geddes
    You need his advice. You just don't want it.

You've lost your credibility, and several people have told you how you can regain it.
  10.    #50  
    Thank you
    Jimmie Geddes
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123