1.    #1  
    The Software update for my Cingular Treo 650 is great. But now, after I've made or received a phone call the auto-off timer resets to 30 seconds to save power. I'd like to leave it at 15 minutes all the time.
    Peter
    Peter,

This is a well known issue with the Cingular update (at least here on Treocentral).

StopDim from GoTreoSoftware corrects the behavior.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  3.    #3  
    Thank you Scotty,
    StopDim keeps the Auto-off set to where I set it in Preferences. (Preferences>Power>Auto-off after>30sec,1 min,2min,or 3min) .
    However, before updating to the firmware I used "AlwaysOn" to set my Treo for 15 minutes. (Preferencec only goes up to 3 minutes) StopDim won't work with AlwaysOn.
    Is there any way to keep my Treo turned on for 15 minutes? Or do I have to use ScheduleCare/ProfileCare?
    Peter
    Quote Originally Posted by petervisor
    Thank you Scotty,
    StopDim keeps the Auto-off set to where I set it in Preferences. (Preferences>Power>Auto-off after>30sec,1 min,2min,or 3min) .
    However, before updating to the firmware I used "AlwaysOn" to set my Treo for 15 minutes. (Preferencec only goes up to 3 minutes) StopDim won't work with AlwaysOn.
    Is there any way to keep my Treo turned on for 15 minutes? Or do I have to use ScheduleCare/ProfileCare?
    Peter
    I've been using the AutoOff application to combat the 30 second "feature". You can customize the amount of the delay. I have mine set to 4 minutes (240 seconds).
  5.    #5  
    Thank you usskaos1,
    That works like a charm! Now life is better.
    Peter
    Quote Originally Posted by petervisor
    Thank you usskaos1,
    That works like a charm! Now life is better.
    Peter
    Glad I could be of help.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Everyone,

I am using profile care and schedule care trial versions, and Always on, stop dim, and auto off, two things happen; my phone still resets to 30 seconds after being on a call, and if I have to do a soft reset, my phone still goes back to 30 seconds.

Is there a program that no matter what my phone will stay on for an hour and the settings will survive a soft reset?

Thanks,

Mark
    The Helen Keller of Treo Central
    Quote Originally Posted by mark1107
    Everyone,

I am using profile care and schedule care trial versions, and Always on, stop dim, and auto off, two things happen; my phone still resets to 30 seconds after being on a call, and if I have to do a soft reset, my phone still goes back to 30 seconds.

Is there a program that no matter what my phone will stay on for an hour and the settings will survive a soft reset?
    Yes. AutoOff. Ver 1.3 is still free. Ver 1.4 is $2.99

http://home.vrweb.de/~jswi/SoftPalm/AutoOff.html
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A