1.    #1  
    I have uploaded a game to my SD card through a card reader and I could not play it from the card while it was inserted to my Treo 650.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance.
    Yup, sounds like it
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Try installing the game via the Palm Desktop Quick Install & HotSync.
    -jeff

...the Truth will set you free!
    Quote Originally Posted by stevemya
    I have uploaded a game to my SD card through a card reader and I could not play it from the card while it was inserted to my Treo 650.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Did you try moving the game to internal memory and starting it from there? Some software does not like starting from the SD card.

If that doesn't work -- do what Jeff said.

If that doesn't work -- get a refund on the game.

Cheers, Perry.
    Steve-
    It sounds like you just copied the game to the card's root directory using a card reader. The Treo (or any Palm OS device) can't run applications from the root directory, they must be placed in a specific directory on the card. You can also use a launcher like zLauncher, and use its "Move to Card" function...that's what I use, and it works fabulously.
    Palm Treo 680
    Unlocked GSM
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snoslicer8
    Steve-
    It sounds like you just copied the game to the card's root directory using a card reader. The Treo (or any Palm OS device) can't run applications from the root directory, they must be placed in a specific directory on the card. You can also use a launcher like zLauncher, and use its "Move to Card" function...that's what I use, and it works fabulously.
    That specific directory is:
    PALM\Launcher

You can use freeware FileZ to ProgFile to move it there.

Good Luck!
  7.    #7  
    Thanks everyone. I'll try all of your suggestion.