1.    #1  
    I need to find a PDA website that provides up-to-the-minute sports scores to be displayed on my Treo 650. All of the sites I've found so far (mostly the ones on the Palm/Yahoo wap site - ESPN, Sporting News, CBS Sportsline, etc.) display basic scores and are usually upwards of an entire period or quarter behind.

I have a friend with a Blackberry, and he can see up-to-the-minute scores and play info through a NEXTEL/ESPN site. I can't seem to find that same functionality.

In particular, I'm looking for football (scores, quarter, time, down, yard line), and hockey (scores, period, time).

Thanks ahead...
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    I know you just ruled this out, but I use ESPN with very little latency. Usually any lag is the fault of Blazer's refresh, not the ESPN server. I've sat in a sports bar watching Sunday Ticket and using my Treo for stat updates (next to a friend with a BlackBerry) and been on the spot.

As an aside, the BB friend got his BB through work shortly after seeing my Treo and deciding toget one himself. After getting the BB for free, he couldn't justify buying a seperate Treo and was bummed. He compared it to a little kid saving his allowance to buy a Schwinn BMX, only to get a yellow Huffy with a banana seat for Christmas instead.

The ESPN site I Use (ignore the inferior OS in the URL) is:
    http://proxy.espn.go.com/wireless/espn/html/pocketpc.
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by kvcobra
    The ESPN site I Use (ignore the inferior OS in the URL) is:
    http://proxy.espn.go.com/wireless/espn/html/pocketpc.
    That is a different ESPN site than I've been using. The one I tried is http://espn.go.com/wireless/palm/index.htm

I'll give yours a try tomorrow during the Eagles game.

Thanks much...
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    OK, looks like that site isn't so reliable after all. I got a bunch of "503: Service Unavailable" messages during the 1:00 games yesterday.
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
    For football, try NFL.com/scores through skweezer.com. There is a slight lag due to Blazer's refresh. But over all, it is pretty much up to the minute.
    I have found a great website for handhelds including the Treo 650. Go to www.pdaportal.com You will find over 600 mobile friendly websites. You do a search by category... ie "Sports" and then add them to Myportal.com, which is automatic from the website. Myportal.com is now my homepage. Anyway, I have found through this that scores are best from ESPN and Foxsports. There is also yahoo and a few others, but ESPN comes through even with the pictures. It loads very fast also.

Has anyone tried cbs sportslines mobile? They have a new mobile site to keep up with fantasy football on cellphones. However to get it, you have to enter your phone by carrier. When you go to Cingular, it does not list the Palm Treo 650. CBS sportsline through the pdaportal site will not load. If you try the regular website, it takes forever and a day. My fantasy football would be soo much better with a CBS mobile that apparently is available
    Last edited by quimbly; 10/11/2005 at 10:33 AM. Reason: spelling
    There is also MobiTV for $9.95 a month, which includes sports channels. Has anyone tried this yet?
    I had mobitv for a month then cancled. the reception was alright at best, but the streaming was horrible, would refresh and paus playback almost every 30 secs or so.

pic quality was poor