Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    If that is the choice we are being forced to make,
    I am sure I don't like the choice.

Some limitation in Windows CE?

Is the choice worth it?

The 650 is really crystal clear, a big step up from the
    600 in screen crispness.
    I waited for the 650, could not go from my Tungsten T3 screen to the 600's. I will wait for the 700p.

Cheers, Perry.
    Us with Treo 650's DON'T have to view the 700w as a choice. It's not really targeted at us, like you said the 650's 320x320 screen is beautiful. Just because it's a "treo" doesn't mean we have to make a choice between, the 700w isn't targeted at 650 users. It's to give windows mobile users the treo experience, we already have a near perfect experience with our 650's.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    Us with Treo 650's DON'T have to view the 700w as a choice. It's not really targeted at us, like you said the 650's 320x320 screen is beautiful. Just because it's a "treo" doesn't mean we have to make a choice between, the 700w isn't targeted at 650 users. It's to give windows mobile users the treo experience, we already have a near perfect experience with our 650's.
    Except it's not EVDO - that's the big benefit. However, the Treo 700w won't be out for a while anyway. By the time it is released, the Treo 700palm will probably be about ready to go. I'm waiting for the Palm version.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    me2
    Jimmie Geddes
    it just better have evdo ...
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    wow
    I hope the treo 700p has wifi support, better camera and BT as well.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

If Verizon Wireless can match the $10 unlimited wireless plan I have with Sprint (grandfathered), then I might consider going down to 240x240 for the EVDO. Having to go down to 240x240 and paying $35 a month more ($400+ a year) makes it a non-starter for me. I'd love to get me some EVDO, but not at that price.
    Make no mistake about it.. after going from 160x160 to 320x320, my eyesight on viewing webpages on the 650 had to make adjustments to accomodate such a gorgeous screen! I had the 600 for a year and The reason why I settled for the lo-res screen was because of hearing a female rep from Palm say that the screen was made brighter to accomodate such a lo-res screen, along with the hershey-bar form factor, the keyboard and 5-way nav.. I will Never ever revert to anything less than 320x320 because I now see the light! Like the previous poster said so well, "they're not targeting us". Therefore I am gonna hang with this thing. Again, this device has done wonders for me in streamlining to-dos and reliably helping to put those green men(money) in my pocket! Sorry to hear about the horror stories with your 650s, but I came across a good one and didn't pay a thin dime for it! The 700 Palm, even if rumoured is still worth yapping about and of course, waiting for!
    From what I've "heard" about the Treo 700p, it will either include wifi and/or gps,320x320 screen, 64mb, EVDO. I think this is the Treo with BlackBerry Connect that Sprint announced they will have on a Treo in 2006.
    Jimmie Geddes
    EVDO and 64MB I would believe, but GPS and WIFI I think you are sucking out of your thumb.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    I think you are sucking out of your thumb.
    WTF does this mean?
    Its a colloquialism. In American you would say "talking out of your ***".

Surur
    Me and Surur don't get along too well, from other forums. Thats probably where his statement is stemming from. I don't want to argue with him here or anywhere else.
    I stand by my statement that the Treo 700p will most likely include wifi and/or gps.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I think that you will be lucky to see another Palm based smartphone by Palm. Palm OS is owned by another company now that does not have to catter to Palm. Palm is now just another Microsoft hardware producer (and a much poorer harware developer than other smartphone makers I might add).
    Me and Surur don't get along too well, from other forums. Thats probably where his statement is stemming from. I don't want to argue with him here or anywhere else.
    I stand by my statement that the Treo 700p will most likely include wifi and/or gps.
    I'm not going to stoke the smoldering coals between you and surur, but I have to agree with him in spirit.

There's no chance the 700p will include WiFi.
    I'm back!
    I would think it would have to. If it doesn't include at least one new feature it will be a major disappointment. I'm not counting upgrades to memory, BT, or OS new features. EVDO would kind of count, but it depends on carrier pricing.
    I'm pretty sure that Palm has already given you a blueprint of what the Treo 700p will have, it'll be very similar to the 700w. It will have some sort of upgraded OS (although if the release is imminent, it will most likely be Frankengarnet), it will have more memory, it will have an updated BT stack, it will have a better camera, it will have EVDO/EDGE.

It will not have WiFi.
    I'm back!
    guys.. we are all on the same side.. remember? now which one of u wouldn't want wifi built-in on our treos??

that said, i think knowing how "stingy" the palm ppl are, hoping for wifi or gps is nothing more than wishful thinking. the asses at palm don't give a rat's *** abt their loyal customers.

here's what's gonna happen though... and i can almost bet on it as this is the only way palm can come out looking good and gain an extra buck too:

the new treo is gonna have 64mb, same 320x320 screen and ev-do. the bluetooth stack would be 1.2, and since gps is not a problem via bluetooth now there is no reason for palm to think in that direction. and as far as wifi goes... all they're gonna do is release drivers for their wifi card that'd work on the treo.

i dunno why but i'm 100% certain that this is what' gonna happen.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast