Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am a fan of the "one device" theory and to that end I use my trusty old t600 and Ptunes a LOT! I constantly update the songs on my SD card depending on what I think I will want to listen to that day, but sometimes I get one stuck in my head and I have to wait until I get home to hear it. I am still experimenting with GlooNet and I have used ShoutCast a bit (I only have a slow data connection through my T-Zones).

Here's what I REALLY want...and I don't think my desires are unique. :
    I want one of the manufacturers to create a sled (not unlike the form factor of the Enfora Wi-Fi sled) that contains a storage mechanism, flash or HD, with a capacity of over 4gb (10+ would be preferred). It would be great if it also contained a supplemental battery if it was the HD type to make sure it did not kill my Treo battery. This sled would plug into the bottom serial connection with a port to connect a pass through connection for charging at my desk. It would also be great, since it plugs into the bottom, to work in a 2.5mm to 3.5mm headphone adapter for those of us who don't want to screw up our earphone ports with the 3rd party adaptors. This larger drive would appear as additional storage for such applications as Ptunes or any video player to see, much like the LifeDrive. Yes, I do realize there would need to be the addition of a FAT32 software patch to work.

The advantage to this design IMHO, is that you can either use your Treo with or without the sled. When it is attached, you have mega storage and can listen, watch or whatever to much more of your digitized content. When it is detached and stored, you have the smaller form factor again, and can use the SD resources instead. This kind of flexibility would, again IMHO, add GREATLY to the value of the product, and, if priced right, not be a huge drain on my/our limited resources. It would also free up some space on the Batbelt or on the recharging power strip.

Ok, am I crazy or does anyone else think this might be a good thing to buy?

Please, any designers/manufacturers, hear my pleadings.
    Geek.....me????!!!!
    Thanks for the compliment, geeks run the world after all!
    Today while at Staples I was playing with the Lifedrive and noticed it has Ptunes loaded on it. Don't get be wrong, I like Real Player and use it all the time, but I feel a little cheated that my 650 GSM didn't come with Ptune standard.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Joe
    Today while at Staples I was playing with the Lifedrive and noticed it has Ptunes loaded on it. Don't get be wrong, I like Real Player and use it all the time, but I feel a little cheated that my 650 GSM didn't come with Ptune standard.
    Like you, I wish they included ptunes, which I'm using now. The real player app is just taking up space, like the welcome app.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12