Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wballz33
    Someone in NYC might be able to confirm or deny this. I was riding in a cab Friday night and went by Madison Square Garden. There is a large orange billboard from Palm featuring a treo. The artwork does not look like the 600, 650, or 700p. The unit appears to possibly be a new treo design. The buttons were similar to the 650 but the earpiece was more like the 700p. I took a couple of pictures with my treo but they of course looked like crap. Can anyone near there snap a couple of pictures of this billboard? It's near the main entrance to the Garden.
    They are actually all over the place. I'm thinking it's just a generalized "Treo" picture - marketing stuff. It certainly is Palm based in the look of the screen, the graphics they are using - but is it a 700? I woudln't hold my breath. It's just marketing the name out there... I will say this though about NYC - I see more Treo's here every day. It used to be a Blackberry citty - but many people - even those who you wouldn't expect to have one, have Treos.
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsAllVerbatim
    Palm needs to get off it's rump and target the Sidekick.
    It's beginning to annoy me.
    A cheap $90-$150 Palm OS Treo with threaded text messaging, a sub-VGA camera and the QWERTY camera would DOMINATE.

Screw Bluetooth, WiFi, even a SD slot. Do these teenagers that like the SKII miss it? NO. I doubt they even know what a SD Card is.

The pop gadget market has been waiting for a replacement for the Motorola 2-way pager explosion of 1999-2000. Remember that?

The keyboard was key to that. A low end Treo with high end features stripped out at sub-$160. They'd kill the market.

Come on, Palm. I'm no business major, this is logic.
    You are right in saying that a device of this sort woudl sell well, problem is part marketing and Palm being able to hit that point with a cellular radio in a device. Remember, Palm is last to market with tech because they see to maximize profits, not just to make a great product. If they did this, they would go under quite quickly as they dont have the supply chain management to sustain a device of this type (at least not yet). If and when a Treo comes out at this price range (I am sure they are planning on it), then it will happen, until then, we all have to wait and deal with the cards that are dealt.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    I agree to an extent. Palm is dead after one more release which I expect will be late spring of 06. The reason is Microsoft's mode of operating. Now that Palm had gotten in bed with the "Empire", the FUD factor will be cranked up to the extreme. the first phase is the pre-announcement. That is why the big delay to the product arrival of the 670W. Microsoft is famous for this type of release. Announce it, wait, wait some more, spread all kinds of information how you will be lost if you don't wait and then wait some more. In the meantime the competition declines into irrelevance because everybody is waiting for the Microsoft product and not buying anything else. How this relates to Palm is that I feel certain that part the the Palm/Microsoft agreement is that no new Treo Palm OS device be released before the introduction of thw Windows device. That will create more fear and incertainty and by time the new Palm Treo does see the light of the day it will be irrelevant. Thus it will be the last of the breed. If you think that this is a wacked out theory, just look at Microsoft's history of marketing and product releases. They may not succeed in this venture, but the partners usually die if the venture do not succeed and are absorbed if it does.
    With all the FUD going on, Palm better talk about a PalmOS roadmap ASAP or the world will assume PalmOS is dead. They have'nt made any statements so until then, they allow us to assume it is dead.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite
    With all the FUD going on, Palm better talk about a PalmOS roadmap ASAP or the world will assume PalmOS is dead. They have'nt made any statements so until then, they allow us to assume it is dead.
    Even it they speak, it may be too late. It is not as though they enjoy a reputation for truth and candor.
    Regarding the vibrint color and the Silhouette, they are just ripping off Apple's campaign whole sale. Same idea for the Palm store. At least they are ripping off the good ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7
    Regarding the vibrint color and the Silhouette, they are just ripping off Apple's campaign whole sale. Same idea for the Palm store. At least they are ripping off the good ones.
    Yup. I think they did that because a real photo of the Treo would have forced them to either choose one carrier's version, or always display multiple Treos.
    I saw a lot of Treo adds last weekend in San Francisco. I even so a big one at Union Square.
    http://www.splashblog.com/adrean/?al...preview=111626

Al
    yeah, that looks very similar to the one next to the Garden.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234