Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    Thats very creative detective work. What does a Treo 650 report?

Surur
    Typically a 650 does 50-110Kbit/sec on Sprint, not more than 120 of what I've seen. 1xRTT is spec'd at 144Kbps max.

Either someone is playing games or there is something conspicuous going on. :-)
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    I'm talking about these parts.

285 0.614s (200k) spcsdns.net Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D052; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320

Surur
    PalmSource/hspr-H102; Blazer/4.0)
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    So a new version of blazer? Blazer in Treo is 4.0, in the LifeDrive 4.1 and 4.5 in the new POS Treo? hspr=handspring.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    So a new version of blazer? Blazer in Treo is 4.0, in the LifeDrive 4.1 and 4.5 in the new POS Treo? hspr=handspring.

Surur
    It's 4.2 in treo 650 1.43ROM.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Interestingly there are Palm Blazer 4.3 AND 4.5 around.

Surur
    What are you using to get those results? Have you see a new treo?
    Jimmie Geddes
    My Spint treo 650 has blazer v4.0 1.12spcs
    Jimmie Geddes
    I see that it's from dsl reports, my bad
    Jimmie Geddes
    If palm really intends to be a big player in the phone market, they need to step up there releases. This seems like the pefect oportunity... show us the 700p!
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    I doubt we will see a 700p before the 700w. For 2 reasons, first we have heard about the 700w and not about the 700p this time last year the 650 had been leaked and I got mine on Oct 17th. If they were do out in a month or so we would know. Palm will not release both the 700w and 700p at the same time so it looks like the 700w is first. Secondly, This will give Palm time to make sure cobalt is running ok.
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
    They announced the 700w four months in advance of release. They won't give that much lead time for the 700p because of concerns about cannibalizing 650 sales.

As for not releasing the 700w and the 700p at the same time, it's possibly true, but I don't see any business reason to specifically avoid a simultaneous release. I think the 700p could happen before, at the same time as, or after.
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim
    They announced the 700w four months in advance of release. They won't give that much lead time for the 700p because of concerns about cannibalizing 650 sales...
    And why exactly is the 700w announcement not cannibalizing sales of the Verizon Treo 650?
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    I feel sorry for you guys. It's like the Mets fans, only more painful.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7
    Like Cubs fans? As bad as that?
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim
    They announced the 700w four months in advance of release. They won't give that much lead time for the 700p because of concerns about cannibalizing 650 sales.

As for not releasing the 700w and the 700p at the same time, it's possibly true, but I don't see any business reason to specifically avoid a simultaneous release. I think the 700p could happen before, at the same time as, or after.
    Since Palm & MS are targeting the Treo 700w towards the corporate world, its possible the "early announcment" was to give companies that are interested a chance to include funding in their 2006 IT budgets. Lots of companies are right now finalizing their 2006 IT budgets before years end.

The need to pre-announce a Treo 700p so early in advance is not nessessary, considering Palm OS based Treo's are geared towards the consumer market.

Just my 2 cents.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7
    LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by cgordonn
    Since Palm & MS are targeting the Treo 700w towards the corporate world, its possible the "early announcment" was to give companies that are interested a chance to include funding in their 2006 IT budgets. Lots of companies are right now finalizing their 2006 IT budgets before years end.

The need to pre-announce a Treo 700p so early in advance is not nessessary, considering Palm OS based Treo's are geared towards the consumer market.

Just my 2 cents.
    Palm does not announce, it leaks; we amplify. Its the silly season.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    And why exactly is the 700w announcement not cannibalizing sales of the Verizon Treo 650?
    It most certainly is going to hurt Treo 650 sales this quarter.

I was just explaining what Palm has said in the past about not talking about products too far in advance. They're not going to announce a 700p four months in advance of release.

I do think they mucked up this announcement. They should have foreseen the "PalmOS is dead" nonsense, and they could have prevented it.

cgordonn has a valid point. Corporations are slow machines and need lots of lead time.

My theory was that with so many competitors like Motorola and Blackberry launching products, they needed to get out there as early as possible - so that people who would have gone for say, the Q in December, might wait just a little longer knowing that the 700w is right around the corner.
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    Like Cubs fans? As bad as that?
    That would be in the Psion catergory. Actually the Cubs fans are not nearly as bitter as the Mets fans, plus they don't get harassed by the Yankees fans on a daily basis.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast