1.    #1  
    I have used a 600 with Verizon for the past 18 months. I have looked forward to it breaking or dropping so I would be justified in moving to the 650, but it labors on. However, with the new Windows announcement, what will happen to we Mac users. Will we be out completely (even blackberry seems to ignore us)? I will go to two cans and a string before leaving Macs, but I love my Treo. Who will tell me what to do?
    well you can use missingsync (do a search for it) it allows PPC to mac syncing, but I say you should upgrade to the t650 and keep it for the time being. because since it's the 700w that logically means that there should be a 700p on the way as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by naturefreak85
    well you can use missingsync (do a search for it) it allows PPC to mac syncing, but I say you should upgrade to the t650 and keep it for the time being. because since it's the 700w that logically means that there should be a 700p on the way as well.
    I wouldn't count on that. It may happen, but I would not assume it based on the WM Treo.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    You wouldn't count on what?
    A "700p."
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    Mac users will do what they have done for the last few years. Wait for all of the quirky, crash prone, inconsistent, bleeding edge users to figure out what the device can do and then wait a long time for a very slick solution that looks beautiful and actually works but is already old news.

It really is sad that although apple was a very early leader in the handheld indusrty, they abandoned it. With iTunes for phones though, I think we will see Apple getting active in the ssmartphone world a bit more now.
    Palm themselves said they weren't giving up on it if I remember correctly which to me signify's that they will have more Palm Based Treo's. Will carriers carry it? That is the million dollar question. Why do you think they are only doing VZW first? To test the waters, see how it sells and the like. That's the point of it.
    Saldy, Jobs doesn't see the wireless world as something that is important. He is so strange! He just had a conference where he said that people don't want a converged device! He doesn't see people buying songs over their phones... Someone wake this guy up.

If Apple came out with a smartphone it would be very successfull. They will most likely be too late. By that time, everyone will have figured out that they don't need their i-pods anymore because they can just put 32gb mini-sd chips in their Windows Mobile powered phones. Using services like napster-to-go, rhapsody, and yahoo-music they can keep their phones filled with unlimited music for a flat fee.

Why ow why can't Jobs see this!
    My Treo 650 works pretty well with my Mac and Palm Desktop, although I might check out Missing Sync. But there are some weird quirks, like it won't HotSync if iTunes is open.
    Quote Originally Posted by farzonalmaneih
    Saldy, Jobs doesn't see the wireless world as something that is important. He is so strange! He just had a conference where he said that people don't want a converged device! He doesn't see people buying songs over their phones... Someone wake this guy up.

If Apple came out with a smartphone it would be very successfull. They will most likely be too late. By that time, everyone will have figured out that they don't need their i-pods anymore because they can just put 32gb mini-sd chips in their Windows Mobile powered phones. Using services like napster-to-go, rhapsody, and yahoo-music they can keep their phones filled with unlimited music for a flat fee.

Why ow why can't Jobs see this!
    He say's a lot of things like that. Job's doesn't want the copy cat competitors to know what Apple is working on. He also said last year "no iPod with video playback" but looks like that may change tomorrow.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    A "700p."
    I would say the 700p is a done deal. But only look for a souped up version of Garnet.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    Missing sync and other 3rd party apps will be our only link to using these devices, when i had a sony clie' MS worked very well, i still use it on my t600..I keep telling my teenagers that the ipod will go the way of the walkman, soon as somebody can up the storage on the phones say a 20 or 30 gb card
    Hello? what about sync buddy? And let's remember that the next version of sync buddy will most likely use my pdftpdb built in. how does that sound?
    "Murphy was an optimist."
    Quote Originally Posted by farzonalmaneih

If Apple came out with a smartphone it would be very successfull. They will most likely be too late.
    Take heart; Apple's NEVER been known to go in AFTER a trend is underway. You can count on Apple to come out with a device that will, once again, reinvent the smartphone--just like they've done with the iPod, which was in essence a new take on the famous Sony Walkman, and then with the iMac, which was just an all-in-one computer, but which sold extremely well, and with the iPod nano, which is of course just a flash-based MP3 player--but done right, and now the video iPod, which will end up being another huge seller.

I'm confident that Apple will come up with a smartphone at some point; I just wish it would be soon. I really don't believe that he doesn't "get" wireless...

Bob