1.    #1  
    I use Treo 650 with Sprint. Data works ok -- but contract is up. The Data footprint for Sprint is much smaller than Cingular's. Am wondering: Does Cingular data footprint work well -- with EDGE but when away from EDGE's fast network? Cingular sales tells me I can use the internet wherever they have voice coverage, but wil be slower when off EDGE. Does that work for text messaging too?

ALSO... voice quality? I am very satisified with Sprint's voice quality -- esp when I am driving people do not hear alot of background noise. What is your optinion with Cingular.

THANKS
    I think its relative to where you live. I like sprint because of the pricing and coverage (for where I live).
    Last edited by t2gungho; 09/28/2005 at 12:32 AM.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

I wasn't aware that Sprint's data coverage was not that of Cingular's. My contract w Cingular is up soon and I was seriously considering switching to Sprint, hoping for improved voice quality and for cheaper data/voice plans.
    Since I live in the Bay Area (Peninsula) I would hope Sprint's coverage is good there.
    I like Cingular, difficult to find any area without Edge. I was in the deserts of Utah on dirt roads studyng Geology in June. Most all areas had coverage and most all had Edge. I live in So Cal and very good coverage. I didn't change to Sprint because of early release of 650 but I would change to Verizon for early release of 700 or Treo Windows product. Pricing, between Cingular and Sprint is not that different, and I had both for several years, the SPrint coverage, IMO, in my area, was much worse. I have heard they have improved.
    Quote Originally Posted by ttrundle
    I wasn't aware that Sprint's data coverage was not that of Cingular's.
    I think its pretty good. I have been to SF and WA DC and Chicago and its always worked well for me. I cant speak to Cingular simply because I don't have them.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

T-mo has excellent data rates and EDGE network. I can stream 128kbps audio stream and MobiTV works ok. I still think Sprint has a better (potentially faster) daa network, but I have never tried it.