1.    #1  
    We'll be making exciting partnership" announcements this week, along with an announcement of the most "substantive" architectural-design changes, Jim Balsillie, RIM co-CEO and chairman, said in an interview with me on how RIM plans to maintain leadership in the mobile e-mail market.

Additionally, RIM may have some announcement regarding Palm's Treo.

Balsillie said the launch of a Treo-Blackberry product is imminent. "We've been working in a Palm/Treo partnership for a while."

A Treo and a Blackberry combination sounds intriguing given that both are top brands for anyone that wants an e-mail mobile device.
    newtownjack, see the pic at this link, it is the software for Treo that shows the crackberry email...http://www.firstadopter.com/fa/archives/000663.html
    It appears the Microsoft/Palm announcement trumps anything RIM planned with Palm.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    This reminds me of the Blackberry Connect app for POS. I'm still waiting for it.
    Chatter, I am pleased to say, has made irrelevent the issue of a Blackberry client for the Treo. I use both a Berry and Treo daily. Chatter adds at least the same, if not better functionality on the Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeElmendorf
    Chatter, I am pleased to say, has made irrelevent the issue of a Blackberry client for the Treo. I use both a Berry and Treo daily. Chatter adds at least the same, if not better functionality on the Treo.
    Chatter is great. However, unfortunately, not every company allows IMAP access to its exchange servers.
    Chatter rocks, I doubt there will be a Treo/blackberry partnership with the announcement we just got.
    Jimmie Geddes
    RIM better cut the crap and get the BBC software out. They prolly have about 6 months before M$ starts throwing money at Exchange solutions for palm and windows.
    More BS from RIM. They keep shoveling it out....
    Let's see -

Engadget leaks real photos of the WM5

A few weeks later, hastily announced, mega-press conference at CITA

RIM fires back with previously unknown, "we'll have them pretty soon" models

NOTHING to appear from anyone before January 2006

Don't you just love corporate panic management?

Hey - let's find the pictures of the Treo 800 and we'll get a tsunami of announcements for the 2008 phone plans (remember, Bill and Ed said they've been working on this one for 2 years).
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.