1.    #1  
    Just got the 650 and I have a few questions

1. Is it possible to get message indicators for Voicemail, SMS, MMS and Email in the display anywhere or do you just always have to go to the repsective inbox and check? If that's the case, that's horrible.

2. Is there a way to change the sounds the treo makes for certain events? i.e new VM, SMS, MMS, MAIL, EVENT etc....?

3. Is there a way you can delete the contents of the inbox all at once? or do you have to go and delete one at a time?

4. As a verizon user, do you have an suggestions or tips that will improve my overall expirience?

I greatly appreciate the help.

Thanks...
    Ok, I am new to 650 as well but I will give it a shot.

1.There is one central indicator for Voicemail, SMS, MMS and email which is the 'Blinking Star' or 'Asterisk' on the upper left corner of your screen. Click it the blinking start or hold the center button of your 5-way will show you the different alerts. Select and click one will bring you up the application. What email app do you use?

2. Yes, under the sounds application, you should be able to change your phone, messaging, system alert, etc. It is not as comprehensive but another third party app can do better.

3. Depend's on which email application you use. I use Seven's email and it allows me to delete all at one time. On SMS or MMS, you can use the Purge option to purge all or purge by date older than your cut off date selected.

4. I will leave this one to Verizon users. I have TMo account using 650 GSM unbranded.
    Did someone mention "blinking star"?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    Ok, I am new to 650 as well but I will give it a shot.

1.There is one central indicator for Voicemail, SMS, MMS and email which is the 'Blinking Star' or 'Asterisk' on the upper left corner of your screen. Click it the blinking start or hold the center button of your 5-way will show you the different alerts. Select and click one will bring you up the application. What email app do you use?

2. Yes, under the sounds application, you should be able to change your phone, messaging, system alert, etc. It is not as comprehensive but another third party app can do better.

3. Depend's on which email application you use. I use Seven's email and it allows me to delete all at one time. On SMS or MMS, you can use the Purge option to purge all or purge by date older than your cut off date selected.

4. I will leave this one to Verizon users. I have TMo account using 650 GSM unbranded.

when I have a voicemail it only shows the indicator when I am in the phone section, otherwise it's not shown.

also, the star in the upper left hand corner is only shown when I have a new SMS and or MMS and it does not stay there. My email app is wireless sync provided by verizon. what third party software do you suggest?

I have tried the sounds section, it is horrible no options whatsoever, in fact the few options there are, are just so vague...

thanks for the quick reply...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosiecomeout
    when I have a voicemail it only shows the indicator when I am in the phone section, otherwise it's not shown.

also, the star in the upper left hand corner is only shown when I have a new SMS and or MMS and it does not stay there. My email app is wireless sync provided by verizon. what third party software do you suggest?

I have tried the sounds section, it is horrible no options whatsoever, in fact the few options there are, are just so vague...

thanks for the quick reply...
    For email, I would suggest Chatter.

As to sounds, your only other option is a ringtone manager like Lightwav.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Rosie:

I'm just trying to be helpful here. The Treo 650 is a complicated device, but I would highly recommend that you take it slow, learning the applications one at a time, and read the manual (and TreoCentral.com). If you follow the advice in the manual, I think you will have a much better experience.

Good luck!
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.