1.    #1  
    ALL OF THESE QUESTIONS ARE PROBABLY VERY SIMPLE TO SOLVE BUT I AM AN *****.

1. I have a Mac [os10.3.9]. I do not understand how you Isync/hotsync your ical and address book to the Palm at all. Completely can't figure this out. I use Ical currently.

2. I am trying to set up VersaMail. I have an ATT worldnet account, which automatically sets up the servers, but I am only able to receive mail, not send it. However, i set up a mac.mail account and it works both ways.

3. My work email isn't getting set up at all. (You probably can't help with that).

4. Can you IM/aol on this thing?

5. I have a bluetooth enables LG 325, and wondering if I can sync my phone numbers from that to the Treo. Can't seem to get them to talk to each other.

Tricia, usually very good at electronics, but the instructions are making my eyes cross.
    1. I just recently purchased a 14" iBook with OS 10.4, but I'm new to Mac. Check out a piece of software titled Missing Sync. That may be what you're looking for, but I'm not sure.

2. VersaMail is a pain for outgoing mail in my opinion. Just use Sprint's outgoing mail server (smtp.sprintpcs.com) and your Vision username (xxxxxxxxiii@sprintpcs.com, where x=letters and usually i=numbers) and password. That should work. Also, check the subforum on here about communications. It's great..

3. Not sure about that.

4. Yes you can IM/AOL with it. You can download the software from Sprint, or you should be able to get it from Handango or Palmgear.

5. You'd have to have OBEX on the LG 325, and I don't think it has that BT profile. You could always take it to a Sprint Store and have the phonebook transferred.

Hope this helps.
  3.    #3  
    thanks so much for this!
    i never thought to use the sprint servers! (i have been trying it with the mac.com set up in chattermail which is finally working. the only thing i don't like is that people will see the other email address, even though when they reply they will reply to the 'correct' spot.
    the chattermail seems to be working almost perfectly with work acct now (i figured out ip address) however, i can't see any of my subfolders. there is a section in chatter mail that says something about 'complete server folder name' and i'm wondering if it type in the name sof the folders as they are in my email account if this would cause them to magically work!

one other things: I can't seem to get my att worldnett set up at ALL in chattermail. won't even get the emails. where'as in versamail they had a nice automatic set up but wouldn't set outbound messages. i think chattermail seems better so i'd try to stick with that. what do you think?

oh where is the communication subthread you mentioned?

t
    You need to manually add the subfolders. When you're in the mailbox view, (Not Summary view) use New Mailbox from the menu.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  6.    #6  
    you are referring to the chattermail app right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromano
    you are referring to the chattermail app right?
    Sorry, yes. Chatter.

8.    #8  
    additionally, i've been trying to follow these instructions
    http://www.palm.com/us/macintosh/isync.html

and the 'isync' doesn't show up at all in the conduit list.
    am i doing something wrong?
    additionally, i've been trying to follow these instructions
    http://www.palm.com/us/macintosh/isync.html

and the 'isync' doesn't show up at all in the conduit list.
    am i doing something wrong?
    Ahhh...you're a Mac user. (So am I btw.) Unfortunately, I do all my syncing with a PC, as I'm also a PocketPC user (and sync with Outlook).

You've installed hotsync?

There is a Mac/Treo forum here, you may want to post this over there:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67

10.    #10  
    yeah i also tried subbing the sprint pcs settings and it didn't work. i am going bananas. i can't think straight.
    yeah i also tried subbing the sprint pcs settings and it didn't work. i am going bananas. i can't think straight.
    If you're using Sprint, for your user name do not use @sprintpcs. Only use the name.

Login Name: xxxxxxxx
    instead of
    Login Name: xxxxxxxx@sprintpcs.com

See if that works.

12.    #12  
    Yeah i tried that. it kept telling my authentication was wrong, but i can't imagine how it'd be wrong. anyway i am using the mac.com set up but I don't like that when i email people they see the mac address. it's the only way i can get it to work. however, when they reply, they are still repying to the 'correct' address. now if i can just figure out how to synce contacts/ address
  13.    #13  
    one more thing: the IMAP work account automatically alerts me with emails, but the ATT POPMAIL I have to prompt and manually get the program to look it up. any suggestions?
    one more thing: the IMAP work account automatically alerts me with emails, but the ATT POPMAIL I have to prompt and manually get the program to look it up. any suggestions?
    That's the difference between IMAP and POP. There's nothing you can do about that.

You'll need to set up qsync under the Delivery prefs to have Chatter log onto your POP account and retrieve messages.

Yeah i tried that. it kept telling my authentication was wrong, but i can't imagine how it'd be wrong. anyway i am using the mac.com set up but I don't like that when i email people they see the mac address. it's the only way i can get it to work. however, when they reply, they are still repying to the 'correct' address. now if i can just figure out how to synce contacts/ address
    I can only give you my setup:

Server: smtp.sprintpcs.com
    Login Name: XXXXXXX
    Password: XXXXX
    Return Address: I use my Charter.net email address
    Full Name: I just use my first name

Everything else is blank...

For ATT Worldnet, I believe it works like the Comcast mail I have. In order for you to log on with an external client (i.e. a phone) to get your e-mail, it has to be set up to use the ssl ports. Like my ports normally for comcast are 110 and something else, but when I log on from my phone they have to be 465 and 995. Do a search for ATT help and find out what their secure ports are, and program those ports into Chatter or your e-mail app of choice. It should work out well for you then.
    Palm Treo 680
    Unlocked GSM
  17.    #17  
    aha! that explains it. i guess it's ok because i do have a text message alert set up whenever i get an email to the pop account.
    thanks for all your help! now if i can just figure out how to make isync work with contacts and calendar w/o third party software, that would be aces.
    tricia