Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    Bummer. So what's up with THIS? First they sell off Palm OS to the Japanese, then they announce a Windoze version.

    http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mymod/hdln/rc.../palm_earns_dc
  2. #2  
    No kidding their sales disappoint - that's because there aren't any Treo's here to buy!! I've been trying to get one through an upgrade for ages and tey're still out of stock!!
  3. #3  
    Guess I better hope mine doesn't break then.
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
  4. asiayeah's Avatar
    Posts
    95 Posts
    Global Posts
    509 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by siriusbliss
    Bummer. So what's up with THIS? First they sell off Palm OS to the Japanese, then they announce a Windoze version.

    http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mymod/hdln/rc.../palm_earns_dc
    In Europe, I think Nokia and Symbian phones rule in the smartphone market.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by asiayeah
    In Europe, I think Nokia and Symbian phones rule in the smartphone market.
    Exactly. You go in a phone shop and see the usual big brands on display plus SE910 and the ocassional Blackberry, but rarely a Treo. People aren't going to buy the Treo if they can't find it. Most buyers here will have never heard of it. The 650 took months to become available here on one carrier "Orange" which now seems to have it permanently out of stock on their uk website.

    People would lap it up here if it was marketed properly and readily visible/available...
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by asiayeah
    In Europe, I think Nokia and Symbian phones rule in the smartphone market.
    Europe is not ready for smartphones. Mobiles are used and PDA's are used. Combination of those 2 is another (mostly unknown) thing.

    I must say there us a good reason for that:
    My Nokia 6230 performed MUCH better then my treo650 and my T3 did the same compared to the treo.
  7. #7  
    What about the XDA / MDA series? They are well marketed and sell OK.

    Surur
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Willem
    Europe is not ready for smartphones. Mobiles are used and PDA's are used. Combination of those 2 is another (mostly unknown) thing.

    I must say there us a good reason for that:
    My Nokia 6230 performed MUCH better then my treo650 and my T3 did the same compared to the treo.
    The biggest decline in Europe for Palm was for ordinary PDAs so this doesn't really support your argument.

    I think that Treo sales have been hurt in Europe as Orange, the biggest carrier promoting the Palm, has not been marketing it. It has been pulled off the shelves in the UK while Palm is working out the kinks and Orange France does not even carry the Treo in their business catalogue! Although the Treo 650's built quality is better than the Treo 600, the software is worse as I experience many more resets than i ever had on my Treo 600.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Willem
    Europe is not ready for smartphones. Mobiles are used and PDA's are used. Combination of those 2 is another (mostly unknown) thing.

    I must say there us a good reason for that:
    My Nokia 6230 performed MUCH better then my treo650 and my T3 did the same compared to the treo.
    Pardon my ignorance... but aren't Symbian smartphones selling well in Europe?
  10. #10  
    the Treo is outfitted for CDMA

    Europe is all GSM -- obviously, it took Palm awhile to even make a GSM model (650) and from there, its had problems finding a market, naturally
    BLUETOOTH!!!!

Posting Permissions