Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This will get interesting bringing many WM users and basically all palm users to the same web site.
    Well considering the site is more about software issues than hardware, I would think the M$ group would need a seperate forum. I welcome anyone, but I don't see how the Windows and Palm versions are similar beyond the company that makes the hardware.
    Hmm, I thought this was treocentral not palmcentral? I thought palm users and windows users were already getting along?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

I use palm on my smartphone and windows on my desktop pc. I think I can get along

Todd/Indy
    It'll be crazy. Us Palm users can't even get along amongst ourselves, and now this!!!!!
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    I have faith that we will all be PC about our PCs, PDAs and Treos!
    I'm an equal opportunity poo-flinger.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    It'll be crazy. Us Palm users can't even get along amongst ourselves, and now this!!!!!
    we already co-habitating with MS users. look at the other handheld section.

Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    It'll be interesting to say the least...on a side note, has anyone played with WM2005 yet? I TRIED a windows mobile device once, the HP 6315, and couldn't do it. I've been a palm user all my gadgeting life, and I plan to stay that way unless there is just something to die for in WM.
    Palm Treo 680
    Unlocked GSM
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I'm an equal opportunity poo-flinger.
    LMAO ...are you sure...you seem to fling it a little harder at the newbies?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by snoslicer8
    I've been a palm user all my gadgeting life, and I plan to stay that way unless there is just something to die for in WM.
    I kind of feel the same way...never tried WM but I am dying for an upgrade.

Just Create a Treo 700w forum, keep the Future treo forum (after all there HAS to be a Treo 700p coming [pllllllllllllleaseeeeee!])

Seprate but equal! (this is in a kidding since... no flames please!)

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    LOL skfny.... I agree!
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
    HP 63xx is Windows Mobile 2003, not 2005. Hopefully there'll be a lot of improvement (there's certainly room for it).

Todd/Indy
    You can open a "battlefront" forum like arstechnica for the **** sling threads.
    Bring everybody IN!! The more the merrier!!

Obviously, we will need to create a new Smartphone section forum for the 700w and duplicate or split several other forums between Palm OS and WM5 OS: Software and Accessories (Bluetooth) sections come to mind and possibly the Service Provider forums. We do not need people becoming confused and trying out answers in the wrong OS.

Cheers, Perry
    Last edited by gtwo; 09/24/2005 at 03:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk
    Just Create a Treo 700w forum, keep the Future treo forum (after all there HAS to be a Treo 700p coming [pllllllllllllleaseeeeee!])

Seprate but equal! (this is in a kidding since... no flames please!)

Timmay

Check back monday for your wish to come true.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I think it will need to be in separate group, as there is not only the obvious OS difference, but also a lot of bitterness from the fanatical POS group.

I been mentioning for over two years ago that for the Treo to survive, the would need to have a MS OS version. It was just simple economics.

I got tons of grief over it, and would not like to see it continue.

(oh, and see, I told ya so.)
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    I think it will need to be in separate group, as there is not only the obvious OS difference, but also a lot of bitterness from the fanatical POS group.

I been mentioning for over two years ago that for the Treo to survive, the would need to have a MS OS version. It was just simple economics.

I got tons of grief over it, and would not like to see it continue.

(oh, and see, I told ya so.)
    I remember you catching all that crap for that comment...I have said the same thing (though I'm not sure if I said it on these forums). I do think that the Palm and Windows folks can get along well. At least the ones who have graduated to big-boy underwear...the kids may still have trouble. http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...es/biggrin.gif

I really like the Palm OS, but I've been a WM user for a long time as well. Sometimes Palm suits me better, sometimes WM does. Each has its benefits, and I think that those who are loyal to their own needs rather than these companies will end up being just fine with one another.

Heck, Palm is just as likely to screw you over as Microsoft is, they just don't get the chance as often.
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Check back monday for your wish to come true.
    Or Sunday night! Does Treocentral know something that we don't gfunk?
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast