1.    #1  
    i mean the treo 700. other websites already have it on their news. (i've counted at least 3 sites already). this is suppose to be treo CENTRAL, right? peace!
    That's just the name of the site. It isn't any "closer" to the rumor mill or to Palm than other sites.
    "Yeah, he can talk. It's gettin' him to shut up that's the trick!"
    -Shrek
    I would also like to think that TreoCentral is the place to come for information, not flights-of-fancy. Now, I do like entertaining the occasional rumor of something new and fabulous, but when I come to TC, I like to know that I can trust what I am reading.
    Palm Treo 680
    Unlocked GSM
    for rumors, speculations, & unofficial info, go to other blogs. Treocentral reports on actual official news releases & is NOT a blog...
    Quote Originally Posted by mojax
    i mean the treo 700. other websites already have it on their news. (i've counted at least 3 sites already). this is suppose to be treo CENTRAL, right? peace!
    So you want them to be first on gossip and misinformation ?
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    for rumors, speculations, & unofficial info, go to other blogs. Treocentral reports on actual official news releases & is NOT a blog...
    Bingo -

We have our own swirl of rumors and speculation, but posters here are fully scrutinized by crusty old f@#%$ like me! Most of the time, other sites break the news first, but you'll get a lot more in depth speculation, information, and when it arrives, SOLID help with problems at Treocentral.
    Last edited by dstrauss; 09/23/2005 at 12:44 PM.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Come early next week there should be plenty of info on TreoCentral.
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus
    That's what I like to hear!!!

My 600 is great but I'm ready to upgrade!
    I've read rumors elsewhere - is there any solid information about an expected announcement from Palm next week? I'm not neccesarily talking about a guaranteed announcement of the Treo 700w but is Palm scheduled to speak at a forum that would be appropriate for a product launch?

Also, I know it would be just a guess, but if Palm does announce it early next week, any thoughts on how long it would take for a carrier or carriers to pick up the 700w?

Thanks
    Even if another site may get a tip before treocentral it is likely because the informant has no worries about the blind masses at that site swallowing whatever the tipper says. Like dstrauss says treocentral has a great group of knowledgeable treo enthusiasts likely to scare away the average rumor starter.

So some of those other sites may be a little more exciting or more full of B.S. what ever you'd like to call it.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus

Treocentral has always given us "real information" I guarantee they have known about the 700w/p for a few months now. If you remember once the "cat was out of the bag" about the 650 or as it was known back then "ace" Treocentral published the first Accurate pics and specs. Treocentral will always give true real info.....not speculation and hearsay
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    I've read rumors elsewhere - is there any solid information about an expected announcement from Palm next week? I'm not neccesarily talking about a guaranteed announcement of the Treo 700w but is Palm scheduled to speak at a forum that would be appropriate for a product launch?
    There is an Analyst Day next week on Monday. I would expect Palm would give the official announcement there. There might also be some news about a device in the Tungsten and/or Zire line.
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    Ummm...... didn't that other site provide "real" info? They did provide pics and all, right? Is that rumor and gossip? I think it's factual info, if proof is provided (which it was). BTW, I believe it's not available here on TC precisely because palm DOES have a stake in this site.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    I'm sure Marcus and the TC crew has been using (or at least known about) the 700w / 700p for several weeks now. Expect a news story around midnight of the day it's made official.
    Quote Originally Posted by string3599
    There is an Analyst Day next week on Monday. I would expect Palm would give the official announcement there. There might also be some news about a device in the Tungsten and/or Zire line.
    How close to product launch do you hear about it in the analyst meetings?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

All,

Please remember Treo central (not the boards, so I have no insider knowledge) has an official relationship with the company that makes the treo (whatever they're called this day of the week). As such, they do not publish information that would harm that relationship. As people have pointed out, this relationship has given us great information in the past and has caused this to become, arguably, the best site out there for treo users and soon-to-be users.
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    How close to product launch do you hear about it in the analyst meetings?
    I didn't get a chance to listen to the earnings call, but someone mentioned that they specifically said that they would not handle product roadmap questions until the analyst meeting on Monday.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    I didn't get a chance to listen to the earnings call, but someone mentioned that they specifically said that they would not handle product roadmap questions until the analyst meeting on Monday.
    they also mention that all their guidance only included current models and what they thing they would sell of them.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.