• Own a Treo 600 and upgrading to a 700w

7 4.49%
  • Own a Treo 6X0 and will wait to see if there is a 700p

69 44.23%
  • Do not own a Treo and will buy a 650

0 0%
  • Do not own a Treo and will buy a 700w

1 0.64%
  • Do not own a Treo and will wait to see if the 700p rumor is true.

4 2.56%
  • Do not own a Treo and do not plan on ever owning one. Why am I here?

2 1.28%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Okay so just a simple poll as Im interested in the numbers...Please dont flood this thread with your opinions, or anti-wm5/anti-palm os comments.
    With the 6700 recently being released, why didn't you add an option of "I own a Treo 6x0, and I'm switching to the 6700 (or other PPC device)"?

It seems after reading the initial specs of the Treo 700w that it is a very slight upgrade over the 650, and nothing more. I'm much more inclined to jump to the 6700 than the 700w right now.
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by cruelpupet
    Okay so just a simple poll as Im interested in the numbers...Please dont flood this thread with your opinions, or anti-wm5/anti-palm os comments.
    Does voting count as putting in my opinion?
    I will consider the Samsung i730 or the PPC6700 if they cost the same as a new Treo 700p. But I don't see that being the case. Treo seem to sell at higher volume than the other PDA phones.

As for the 700w, not interested.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7
    I will consider the Samsung i730 or the PPC6700 if they cost the same as a new Treo 700p. But I don't see that being the case. Treo seem to sell at higher volume than the other PDA phones.

As for the 700w, not interested.
    The 6700 is going for around $620 when it's all said and done right now. I paid around the same for my 650. I would expect the 700w/700p (if there is one) to be similarly priced.

I agree with you though, I don't see the 700w as an attractive option right now. It's either stick with the 650, get the 6700 (leaning this way), or wait and see what the 700p offers, if it comes out at all.
    I'm back!
    Im going from the 600 to the 700. I want the better bt, the wifi option and evdo while still having the treo form factor (I don't like the slide out keyboard).
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Im going from the 600 to the 700. I want the better bt, the wifi option and evdo while still having the treo form factor (I don't like the slide out keyboard).
    It's a better upgrade to go from the 600 to the 700w than from the 650 to the 700w. It's pretty incremental once you've already gotten used to the 650. And the resolution is a big step backwards.
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    It's a better upgrade to go from the 600 to the 700w than from the 650 to the 700w. It's pretty incremental once you've already gotten used to the 650. And the resolution is a big step backwards.
    I think so too. The 700 has much of what I wanted when the 650 came out.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    I think so too. The 700 has much of what I wanted when the 650 came out.
    Agreed. The 700w is what the 650 should've been (other than the resolution).
    I'm back!
    Hey...what happened to "NO OPINIONS"?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    IMHO................................nevermind.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion

people dont listen...er...i mean read. but on the bright side its been bumping this post up where its noticable.
    Originally bought a Treo 300 (and replacement insurance from Sprint). Went through about 3 treo 300's and 3 treo 600's until I got a new 600 that has minor problems (but a 1 year warranty). Once it develops a major problem or I get too annoyed with the current problems, I'll bring it into the Sprint store and get a refurb 650 or 700p, or whatever device has just gone out of style (but not a 700microSuckWindoze) as a replacement for my usually defective T600. I won't "buy" that model, unless my warranty runs out before the device goes keplunk in which case I'll pay the deductable through LockLine (as I did once for a Treo 300 so far). As long as Palm keeps producing phones that develop hardware problems and Sprint keeps giving me refurbs that develop problems in 3 months, I should always have the latest "used" phone. Why all the opinion when you asked for "no opinions wanted"?, because "own a t600 and will get next to new phones under warranty or via insurance" was not one of the radio buttons on you opinion poll! You could have prevented this rant! ;-)

--
    Bob
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy
    because "own a t600 and will get next to new phones under warranty or via insurance" was not one of the radio buttons on you opinion poll! You could have prevented this rant! ;-)
    Im only given the ability to have 10 possibilities for the poll
    Thanks for your response and for tolerating my poor attempts at humor. I hope I gave you the information you wanted. I did not vote in the poll.

--
    Bob
    Im to lazy to read threw the long list of options to find one that describes me. Please check off:

"I own a treo 650 and will be upgrading the the next best thing which dosent exist yet".
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I was never really good at following rules or reading directions.
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by cruelpupet
    Im only given the ability to have 10 possibilities for the poll
    I would've removed the last choice and added one about migrating from a Treo to a PPC device, since it seems like a valid option at this point in time.
    I'm back!
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    I am pretty interested in getting a Treo with WM5, but the 700w ain't it. 240x240 is a step backwards.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I donít know but running WM5 on a 240 x 240 screen isnít what I was looking for. Palm OS is slowing becoming extinct and to me it seems Palm still hasnít gotten it right - They know what the audience is looking for but doesnít seem interested. The 6700 as of right now will put ALOT of pressure on Palm. Wifi, BT 1.2 EVDO, WM5 in a small form factor while still preserving a large display seems like a winner. Thatís my opinion and I also dont listen. LOL
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast