• Own a Treo 600 and upgrading to a 700w

7 4.49%
  • Own a Treo 6X0 and will wait to see if there is a 700p

69 44.23%
  • Do not own a Treo and will buy a 650

0 0%
  • Do not own a Treo and will buy a 700w

1 0.64%
  • Do not own a Treo and will wait to see if the 700p rumor is true.

4 2.56%
  • Do not own a Treo and do not plan on ever owning one. Why am I here?

2 1.28%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    you should have added "If Palm made a Treo 700p with 480 x 480, EVDO or EDGE, Cobalt, WIFI, 256MB, BT 2.0, PTT all networks"

99% of us would vote this way. Palm could make such a device, but will they? Look at the current product line. They have the pieces to the puzzle, but can't seem to put it all together.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    Quote Originally Posted by imageone
    you should have added "If Palm made a Treo 700p with 480 x 480, EVDO or EDGE, Cobalt, WIFI, 256MB, BT 2.0, PTT all networks"

99% of us would vote this way. Palm could make such a device, but will they? Look at the current product line. They have the pieces to the puzzle, but can't seem to put it all together.
    Well it's hard to say if they could put all that together and sufficiently QA it to make it 100% reliable. The switch to a new OS for instance, requires extensive testing. The addition of wifi, with a radio already in the device, also requires it. I don't think they have PTT on any network (except Orange?), so I don't know how they'd offer it on all. I'm also not sure if BT 2.0 is on any of their devices, but that might be part of Cobalt. I'm pretty sure nothing has a 480x480 screen in a square 2 inches. I think that would break their own dot pinch record with 320x320. Lastly, even if they could put all this together such a device would cost $1000+ and that would eliminate a huge percentage of their market.
    I've only had my 650 for 6 months and have spent about $150 in aps..............

A switch in OS is a big deal, from a software standpoint.

I always tell myself that it would be nice to have a Mac, but to have to spend $300 plus, to get Office again, and $500 for Photoshop again. Well, you get my drift. The 700w would really have to be cool, really really cool....................
    Somebody....anybody........................Don't let Dr. Doom spill his Kool-Aid on his brand new "perrywinkle" sweater vest!!!
    I figure the Treo 700p (Cobalt ) will be out by Feb-March 2006, but which time I think I will be ready to upgrade from my 650...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland
    Well it's hard to say if they could put all that together and sufficiently QA it to make it 100% reliable. The switch to a new OS for instance, requires extensive testing. The addition of wifi, with a radio already in the device, also requires it. I don't think they have PTT on any network (except Orange?), so I don't know how they'd offer it on all. I'm also not sure if BT 2.0 is on any of their devices, but that might be part of Cobalt. I'm pretty sure nothing has a 480x480 screen in a square 2 inches. I think that would break their own dot pinch record with 320x320. Lastly, even if they could put all this together such a device would cost $1000+ and that would eliminate a huge percentage of their market.
    Think "big" hope for the best. I didn't say realistic. $1000 don't scare me, bring it on. I paid $800 for a Fujitsu mounted car phone in 1987 and it was huge and did nothing.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    Quote Originally Posted by imageone
    Think "big" hope for the best. I didn't say realistic. $1000 don't scare me, bring it on. I paid $800 for a Fujitsu mounted car phone in 1987 and it was huge and did nothing.
    It wouldn't scare me either or some others on this board. Still, Palm can't focus it's limited resources on a product that very few people would buy. What they need to do, is basically what they are doing, adding the 700w to try to appeal to a larger audience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12