1.    #1  
    I can't believe this possible Class Action, esp. as regards to the 650.

Not only in 5 months has my Treo performed outstandingly as a phone, it only crashes after I play around with my 60+ applications long enough

Seriously, I have dropped this phone on numerous occasions, onto concrete (roads/pavements) and it has never done anything more than add another scratch or mark on the casing.

Today for example rushing to work here in Moscow, Russia, I got an SMS from my friend Sophia in Georgia (the country not the state!) and so I started fiddling with the phone whilst walking... and it slipped out of my hand.

The Treo bounced, the battery cover came off, the battery ejected, and the stylus was half exited from its holder in the phone, and some more marks and scratches were added to my 650. Everybody stared at me.... poor guy... just trashed his expensive phone ))

Put it together again and it still works flawlessly.... and this is now the 4th trip the phone has had onto concrete Need to get a durable case!

Ed
    -----------------------
    palmOne Treo 650 GSM 01.31 / 1.13
    rogue:

Maybe Palm would like to talk to yu about testifying on their behalf - I'd sure love to testify FOR them myself.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Sign me up to testify on their behalf.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    rogue:

Maybe Palm would like to talk to yu about testifying on their behalf - I'd sure love to testify FOR them myself.
    Hey...

Count me in on Palms side....I would love to testify on their behalf. As an over the road trucker, my Sprint/Treo 650 has preformed flawlessly all over the US and Canada.

Only time it acts up is when I install a bug ridden Application. Since I can troubleshoot, I can correct the problems the bad 3rd party app caused.

This law suit is a show about nothing. I don't think Palm designed this devise to function in the hands of stupid people..

Chuck
    Be careful about calling someone stupid. There's probably more people who are stupid using PC's with windows and they never sued when MS provided the easiest way to leak your personal information.
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 09/21/2005 at 01:09 PM.
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    I remember the box on my old 600 said that I could use wi-fi via the sdio slot, anyone using that?
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    I've already posted with my anger over this stupid lawsuit in another thread, but I'd be a witness FOR palm too.

I suggest that everyone who would support Palm email them and offer support as a witness on their behalf.

-Warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by jlczl
    I remember the box on my old 600 said that I could use wi-fi via the sdio slot, anyone using that?
    Oh I remember it. (still waiting for a wifi enabled treo. )
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Oh I remember it. (still waiting for a wifi enabled treo. )

oh yes -- that was on the Box!!
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    To me, this is probably the only actionable offense Palm has committed. Yes, the lack of memory stinks, but that is hardly a *defect*. Claiming that wifi was supported, then never releasing drivers, was false advertising. The problem is, it's not likely Palm's fault....it's the carriers, especially Sprint, who don't want users to have wifi.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    To me, this is probably the only actionable offense Palm has committed. Yes, the lack of memory stinks, but that is hardly a *defect*. Claiming that wifi was supported, then never releasing drivers, was false advertising. The problem is, it's not likely Palm's fault....it's the carriers, especially Sprint, who don't want users to have wifi.
    Sprint has the 6700 with EVDO and WiFi I believe. Strange that they would let one of their phones have it and still hold back Palm from releasing drivers and allowing Sprint to sell the SD card at huge markups in their own stores.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    Sprint has the 6700 with EVDO and WiFi I believe. Strange that they would let one of their phones have it and still hold back Palm from releasing drivers and allowing Sprint to sell the SD card at huge markups in their own stores.
    Yes, the 6700 supports EVDO and WiFi. If you are using WiFi and a call comes in, the call will go through.
    I'm back!
    So then why not release the wifi drivers for the card? Shadowmite proved long ago that it *could* work. This is my biggest gripe...it's clearly false advertising. I still have the box that says it will work. And the sled option does not qualify...not the same thing at all.

Other than that, the lawsuit seems ludicrous to me.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    HAHAHAHAHA...that was a jolly good laugh you allowed me to partake in.