Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 209
  1. #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by slinky
    Reading the complaint I wonder if the law firm will be compensated for the work they've put into the complaint. IMHO it's laughable and basically some attorneys who need work and publicity in this tough economy who are suing a deep pocket. I wonder if Palm will settle or stick it to them...
    Of course, they'll be compensated. There will be no settlement without that. Also, most statutes which allow for class certification allow for generous attorney's fees and limit or specify the damages the actual plaintiff can get.

    For instance, the federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act allows for a debtor to collect $1,000 per violation and attorneys fees. I've seen a settlement under this Act where the plaintiff got his $1K and the attorneys fees were $75K.
  2. #82  
    I've had my share of problems. Currently getting a replacement for my Treo 650 and my time is money. I've probably lost a good sum of money just driving/talking with Sprint on just getting a replacement. I believe a new product and I don't care how much I use it, should last more than a year. If not, I deserve a brand new one.
  3. #83  
    anyone here been injured by electrical surges from you treo?

    Some advice for these types of people, dont buy a smart phone thats smarter than you.
  4. #84  
    you guys who say this is laughable & have no compassion are talking out of your arses. I went through 13 warranty replacements when I had the Treo 600 because of "known issues" that Palm & Sprint was aware of. Sprint even admitted they shoud have recalled these phones but they did not. Sprint said that a certain range of serial numbers released was known to have a certain defect but Palm rleased them anyway & did NOT tell the consumers. I had to dig & dig to find this info. I hope Palm pays dearly. Do not rant & rave about how stupid it is if you have not experienced similar problems...
  5. #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by mc2714
    You should determine all by yourself if the quality justifies the price. If yes, keep it. If no, return it. The 30 (hell, even the 15 some are reporting) day return period is generous, better then a LOT of pricey consumer electronics,and, most importantly, you bought it with full knowledge of what the return period was (it aint a secret).

    Grow up and take responsibility for your decisions, good or bad.
    Unlike some people, that seem to live off their daddys bucks, I have to work.
    And 2 weeks is not that long. I work 12h days and need to sleep. So, that is basically 2 weekends that have to be dedicated entirely to configuring it, installing the software, etc, configuring the mail, setting prefferences, getting familiar, wondering what your doing wrong when it resets, waiting on hold with support, re-isntalling everyhign again after they tell you to do so, etc.

    It is pretty unreasonable to assume the average user will have nothing else to do but play with their new palm for their entire spare time since they get it with the intent to discover if ti works and to return it right away. Most people try to get a replacement first, and that takes a few days.. your warrny will already be over.

    Why are you so hell-bent on stating the the treo is good? Don't make me waste my time and post some videos of what my 3rd one does when I try to make a phone call. I'll cut to the chase for you. It says its dialing. At least 10s later, it may or may not connect to whoever I am calling, which on cingular, costs me for the first few minutes right off, then the phone turns itself off. Sometimes it works longer.. about 2 or 3 mintues until it does that.

    That is just the first problem - the one I solved, but stuffing a sticky behind the SIM card so i actually connects - a tip i got from an online forum with many others having that issue. I never knew - because my previous ones never had this issue - they had different ones. But it was always something major.

    How crappy of a SIM holder could you make to have that kind of probelm considering I never remove my SIM card? Its not like I am abusing it puling it in and out.. I stuck it in when I got the phone - and left it there ever since. After a month - the phone started to turn itself off.

    Should I have to be gluing parts together and putting stickies in **** to get it to work - after spending hours searching the web and being on hold with techs, etc to get things fixed. By the way the the techs just offered to send me a new one - which when it arrived had 4 big black spots on teh screen. I don't know if they are dead pixels or what - but it didn't look new. I got one of hte aluminum hard cases for my treo, and it is in excellent condition.
  6. #86  
    This appears to be a young law firm looking for cash. Prepare for Palm's legal team to make them look as foolish as the complaint reads. The class has yet to be certified, etc., so the case has a long way to go, if it goes anywhere...
  7. #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by Meteo
    anyone here been injured by electrical surges from you treo?

    Some advice for these types of people, dont buy a smart phone thats smarter than you.
    Ok. ok. I get the sarcasm. Some some problems like that I have not experienced and don't see how they are possible. It is clear some people are exaggerating, but not all of us are you know.
  8. #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by lovedatreo
    i have a mac mini. i have had to reset it a few times. i have had to add office programs and ram. does this mean i should sue apple?
    From your pic, do you even have a 600 or 650, or an older treo which perhaps worked better.. I dont' know?

    And I have a mac mini also. I have never had to reset it but even if I had it would be no cause for a lawsuit as you said. What if you had to reset it 5 times a day? 10? At what point would you start to get pissed?

    When you are on a business call and you have full signal strength in the middle of Downtown DC and you are a computer consultant and the phone part of the treo turns itself off on you? Would you be happy then? Or when you call the person back and it only works long enough for you to apologize and cutz you off again?

    What about if you then try to type him an e-mail and it takes you about 20 minutes because it is lengthy and you need to think about it and oops.. the 20 minute crash timer as I like to call it goes off and it resets! Then you go back in and type a shorter one, hit send right away and about 2/3 of the way through sending teh e-mail it freezes. That's right. Doesn't reset, just hangs forever so that in the middle of the street you need to remove the case and push the reset button. These annoy me the most. If it would just reset I would be ahppy to not have to talk the case off.

    Would you be pissed then? How about after 6 months of that? Would you wish you had discovered this durining your original return period? I do.

    Whoever said it is my fault for not returining it is right. I didn't because I believed the false advertising. Then I thought oh well its too late to return I'll put up wiht it mabe theyw ill release a patch. They did. It fixed many issues for me, now it only resets 5 times a day instead of 10. But I still have remaining hardware issues every few months when something stops working and I have to get another one.

    I am really worried because I got the Treo and was willing to wait for the updates and put up with all this but I am not looking forward to the end of the warranty period which is coming soon.

    If Palm really does make a good product, why not settle the lawsuit by offering a warranty extension? I bet they won't, because unless they can manufacture and refurbish these for about $10 they won't make any money as it is if they keep having to send me new ones.
  9. #89  
    If you have never had any problems with your phone, don't post a message in this thread. And if you happen to one of those people, be thankful you haven't had to put up with some of the things myself and others have. It's very frustrating to have purchased this expensive of a phone and not have it work to it's full potential. You don't even have any idea how awful this is, I was the guy with the phone that never had any problems, with resets here and there but nothing major. Now the thing is a paper weight basically.
  10. #90  
    yes, i have a 650 and had a 600 before that. you are telling me you have NEVER had to reboot your mini............mmmmkay i bet. Why havent you taken your phone into sprint? i did and got a brand new 600 (in retail box). problem was solved. its really not that difficult to find out about the problems that are possible, people posted them on this message board the first week the 600 was released. if you are unhappy with it, sell it on ebay and use the money to buy something else. you say you are frustrated when composing messages but name another phne that can actually replace your desktop email client.

    palm cant offer a warranty extensin because it doesnt warranty the product, the carrier does.

    edit: and believe me, the 300 DID NOT work better.
  11. #91  
    I wanna get in on this.
  12. #92  
    look, i think i can say better than most after owning a kyocera 6035, the treo 300, the treo 600 and the treo 650 that these things are all very temperamental. yes they have a lot of nice features but they are not well suited to the average user. packing all of these things together has some disadvantages and it doesn't always work perfectly. saying you want one of these phones to have the failure rate of any average phone is like saying you want you car to need as little maintenance as a baseball bat.

    to be perfectly honest, the smartphone is truely just coming out of its infancy. the 650 i would have to say is the first to truly pull its weight in this market as it generally works flawlessly and has many of the features of other phones. i think we are seeing a lot of people who are latecomers to this game buying up 600s as they are cheap and expecting the same. it just wont happen.

    everything before the 650 has just not been ready for prime time use, but defective......i dont think so.
  13. #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by pilavdzic
    Unlike some people, that seem to live off their daddys bucks, I have to work.
    And 2 weeks is not that long. I work 12h days and need to sleep. So, that is basically 2 weekends that have to be dedicated entirely to configuring it, installing the software, etc, configuring the mail, setting prefferences, getting familiar, wondering what your doing wrong when it resets, waiting on hold with support, re-isntalling everyhign again after they tell you to do so, etc.

    It is pretty unreasonable to assume the average user will have nothing else to do but play with their new palm for their entire spare time since they get it with the intent to discover if ti works and to return it right away. Most people try to get a replacement first, and that takes a few days.. your warrny will already be over.

    Why are you so hell-bent on stating the the treo is good? Don't make me waste my time and post some videos of what my 3rd one does when I try to make a phone call. I'll cut to the chase for you. It says its dialing. At least 10s later, it may or may not connect to whoever I am calling, which on cingular, costs me for the first few minutes right off, then the phone turns itself off. Sometimes it works longer.. about 2 or 3 mintues until it does that.

    That is just the first problem - the one I solved, but stuffing a sticky behind the SIM card so i actually connects - a tip i got from an online forum with many others having that issue. I never knew - because my previous ones never had this issue - they had different ones. But it was always something major.

    How crappy of a SIM holder could you make to have that kind of probelm considering I never remove my SIM card? Its not like I am abusing it puling it in and out.. I stuck it in when I got the phone - and left it there ever since. After a month - the phone started to turn itself off.

    Should I have to be gluing parts together and putting stickies in **** to get it to work - after spending hours searching the web and being on hold with techs, etc to get things fixed. By the way the the techs just offered to send me a new one - which when it arrived had 4 big black spots on teh screen. I don't know if they are dead pixels or what - but it didn't look new. I got one of hte aluminum hard cases for my treo, and it is in excellent condition.
    Yeah, nobody else here works hard

    I think I can summarize the problem here pretty succinctly. If you were following this board when the 650 first came out (and still, but to a lesser degree), you would see a ton of complaints and problems. Since message-board posters self-select, this is not by any stretch a representative sample and doesnt show the true rate of problems with the Treo, but it showed that a not-insignificant number of users were having problems. Some big, some small. Was this a huge percentage of total Treo users? Probably not- again the nature of a forum like this makes the sample totally useless.

    How many of those users ended up returning the unit and finding a different solution to fill their need? I would wager good money (my own, pilav, that I work hard for ) that it was a fairly low percentage. Why would users with, in some cases, profound problems with a piece of hardware, stick in out and deal with the issues they were having, creating software workarounds, etc, etc.

    Because, like me, they wanted the Treo, no matter what.

    I read about problems, and have experienced some (not too many) of them, but I was set on getting the Treo. Simple as that. I was totally fixated on it, and I wanted the coolest new device. Period.

    If the Treo didnt fit my needs for whatever reason, if I didnt have time to test drive it in two weeks, well, that aint Palms' problem. They sold me a device at a price that I willingly paid, with a return policy that I was aware of. Because I was so locked in on the Treo, I accepted some of its flaws-- I CHOSE to accept its flaws, and rolled ahead. Palm has, IMO, been proactive about addressing these flaws (not all would agree. I dont care. My opinion only). The Treo is (again, my opinion. I'm not soliciting a debate on this) a barely adequate phone, an outstanding email device, a better then expected handheld web device, an MP3 player that suits my limited needs, a killer electronic photo album, a great contact manager, and a good springboard for some other functions that I use. I decided that this was worth what I paid, and worth the less-then-perfect stability and other issues.

    Palm is a mediocre (at best) company from a customer-relations and service standpoint (I , too, have called the office of the CEO to deal with an issue that should have been handled at the bottom of the food chain in 2 seconds), but they did not force anyone to buy-- OR KEEP-- their Treo. You dont have to do business with them if you dont want to.

    Now quit whining.
  14. #94  
    Well said, AMEN

    Quote Originally Posted by mc2714
    Yeah, nobody else here works hard

    I think I can summarize the problem here pretty succinctly. If you were following this board when the 650 first came out (and still, but to a lesser degree), you would see a ton of complaints and problems. Since message-board posters self-select, this is not by any stretch a representative sample and doesnt show the true rate of problems with the Treo, but it showed that a not-insignificant number of users were having problems. Some big, some small. Was this a huge percentage of total Treo users? Probably not- again the nature of a forum like this makes the sample totally useless.

    How many of those users ended up returning the unit and finding a different solution to fill their need? I would wager good money (my own, pilav, that I work hard for ) that it was a fairly low percentage. Why would users with, in some cases, profound problems with a piece of hardware, stick in out and deal with the issues they were having, creating software workarounds, etc, etc.

    Because, like me, they wanted the Treo, no matter what.

    I read about problems, and have experienced some (not too many) of them, but I was set on getting the Treo. Simple as that. I was totally fixated on it, and I wanted the coolest new device. Period.

    If the Treo didnt fit my needs for whatever reason, if I didnt have time to test drive it in two weeks, well, that aint Palms' problem. They sold me a device at a price that I willingly paid, with a return policy that I was aware of. Because I was so locked in on the Treo, I accepted some of its flaws-- I CHOSE to accept its flaws, and rolled ahead. Palm has, IMO, been proactive about addressing these flaws (not all would agree. I dont care. My opinion only). The Treo is (again, my opinion. I'm not soliciting a debate on this) a barely adequate phone, an outstanding email device, a better then expected handheld web device, an MP3 player that suits my limited needs, a killer electronic photo album, a great contact manager, and a good springboard for some other functions that I use. I decided that this was worth what I paid, and worth the less-then-perfect stability and other issues.

    Palm is a mediocre (at best) company from a customer-relations and service standpoint (I , too, have called the office of the CEO to deal with an issue that should have been handled at the bottom of the food chain in 2 seconds), but they did not force anyone to buy-- OR KEEP-- their Treo. You dont have to do business with them if you dont want to.

    Now quit whining.
  15. #95  
    I bought my Cingular Treo 650 in February of this year from the PalmOne store in Atlanta airport. I've never had any problem with it and have no complaint other than sometimes... SOMETIMES someone I'm talking to will say there's an echo on the line. I've since discovered there's a software upgrade that takes care of that; I just haven't downloaded it yet. Incidentally, I also bought the Krusell "Classic" leather case for it - it's fantastic! Tough, clear plastic covers the entire front of the phone but still lets you use your thumbnail to select numbers, schedules, etc. It's a classy case for only 30 bucks.
  16. #96  
    I'm also a satisfied Treo user on Cingular's network. Both my fiance' and myself have been using the 650 for quite some time without any major problems... I can understand the frustration that other people are having - but I consider myself more than happy with this phone. Who knows though... maybe my opinion will change one day when I experience these issues (hopefully not).
  17. #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by Katway
    This appears to be a young law firm looking for cash. Prepare for Palm's legal team to make them look as foolish as the complaint reads. The class has yet to be certified, etc., so the case has a long way to go, if it goes anywhere...
    The lawsuit claims that although Palm said the Treo 600 and 650 were "quick, dependable and reliable,"

    So are you saying you believe the Treo really is quick, dependable and reliable? or you are just saying that the law firms will make the most out of this and the consumers will stay screwed as usual?

    Because I agree with the latter. The former is a joke and I doubt anyone who has used a Treo 650 would honestly be able to say it is dependable or reliable. I can see some arguments about 'quick' because some things are quite easy to do on it.. when it works.. which is almost never.

    To the person that hasn't had any problems.. whatever you do.. don't trade in your treo. No matter how much you replace it, you are unlikely to ever get a working on again. Love it. Cherish it. Buy it a full hard body case and wrap it in bubble wrap also. Make sure to not leave it anywhere moist and pray to the Treo gods that it won't magically break on its own like mine did...
  18. #98  
    dude, you are an *****. i will just leave it at that

    Quote Originally Posted by pilavdzic
    The lawsuit claims that although Palm said the Treo 600 and 650 were "quick, dependable and reliable,"

    So are you saying you believe the Treo really is quick, dependable and reliable? or you are just saying that the law firms will make the most out of this and the consumers will stay screwed as usual?

    Because I agree with the latter. The former is a joke and I doubt anyone who has used a Treo 650 would honestly be able to say it is dependable or reliable. I can see some arguments about 'quick' because some things are quite easy to do on it.. when it works.. which is almost never.

    To the person that hasn't had any problems.. whatever you do.. don't trade in your treo. No matter how much you replace it, you are unlikely to ever get a working on again. Love it. Cherish it. Buy it a full hard body case and wrap it in bubble wrap also. Make sure to not leave it anywhere moist and pray to the Treo gods that it won't magically break on its own like mine did...
  19. #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by mc2714
    Yeah, nobody else here works hard

    I think I can summarize the problem here pretty succinctly. If you were following this board when the 650 first came out (and still, but to a lesser degree), you would see a ton of complaints and problems. Since message-board posters self-select, this is not by any stretch a representative sample and doesnt show the true rate of problems with the Treo, but it showed that a not-insignificant number of users were having problems. Some big, some small. Was this a huge percentage of total Treo users? Probably not- again the nature of a forum like this makes the sample totally useless.

    How many of those users ended up returning the unit and finding a different solution to fill their need? I would wager good money (my own, pilav, that I work hard for ) that it was a fairly low percentage. Why would users with, in some cases, profound problems with a piece of hardware, stick in out and deal with the issues they were having, creating software workarounds, etc, etc.

    Because, like me, they wanted the Treo, no matter what.

    I read about problems, and have experienced some (not too many) of them, but I was set on getting the Treo. Simple as that. I was totally fixated on it, and I wanted the coolest new device. Period.

    If the Treo didnt fit my needs for whatever reason, if I didnt have time to test drive it in two weeks, well, that aint Palms' problem. They sold me a device at a price that I willingly paid, with a return policy that I was aware of. Because I was so locked in on the Treo, I accepted some of its flaws-- I CHOSE to accept its flaws, and rolled ahead. Palm has, IMO, been proactive about addressing these flaws (not all would agree. I dont care. My opinion only). The Treo is (again, my opinion. I'm not soliciting a debate on this) a barely adequate phone, an outstanding email device, a better then expected handheld web device, an MP3 player that suits my limited needs, a killer electronic photo album, a great contact manager, and a good springboard for some other functions that I use. I decided that this was worth what I paid, and worth the less-then-perfect stability and other issues.

    Palm is a mediocre (at best) company from a customer-relations and service standpoint (I , too, have called the office of the CEO to deal with an issue that should have been handled at the bottom of the food chain in 2 seconds), but they did not force anyone to buy-- OR KEEP-- their Treo. You dont have to do business with them if you dont want to.

    Now quit whining.
    You have somewhat of a point about that many of us wanted it badly enough to keep giving it a chance and trying to get it to work. But the reason I, for one, kept sticking with it was because I was trying to get it to perform advertised functions, not believing that despite the advertising it in fact cannot be made to perform these functions adequately regardless of how much I struggle with it. I believed that if I tried various things I would eventually be able to get it to work.

    If, due to their false advertising I could return the Treo and get my money back I would agree that they didn't force me to KEEP my Treo and that I don't have to do business with them. The only reason I kept it I explained, I was tricked and simply didnt' have time to discover this during the warranty period. You may look at this as my fault, and thats fine, I can see your point there. But if that is my fault, how is false advertising not Palm's fault? It is clearly (I hope) not a 'dependable, reliable' device as advertised. We have laws against that for a reason. Just because lots of companies advertise total bullsit doesn't mean its OK and we should just take it.
  20. #100  
    Waaaa! Waaaaa!! They said it was fast and reliable!! Waaaa! I couldnt test it!!!!
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions